Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably the work of the madman who came up with this one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	fako.png
Views:	1
Size:	249.7 KB
ID:	401750

Comment

• It's from MartinBiohazard's work:
      Seibu teh geimu?
      ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
        I think the problem is that we're assuming there's only a single part of the hallway with cells. If anything there are at least two: one part with the cell bars/gate part pre-rendered (the second shot), and another one with the cell interiors modeled in and is supposed to have 3d cell doors/bars. It doesn't make sense why they would be pre-rendered in Leon's scenario, while 3d in Elza's, if they're supposed to be from the exact same row of cells. If they didn't intend for Leon to have the gate crashing mutts in his scenario, then the cells in his pic should be the same as in Elza's, no 3d gates yet, but also with no dogs inside.
        Are there any indications that these cell walls are pre-rendered in Leon's screenshot? There could be some strange reason why they are rendered for Leon and not Elza. Or, perhaps, they are rendered for both characters but only in the angle facing the wash-bin, and not in the angle facing the high vent. If you examine the brick patterns, they are the same in both images:

Name:	kennel_wire.png
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	401751

The bricks that I've outlined in yellow reach above the ceiling level of the cells commensurately in both images (by about a quarter of the brick height).

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
        You can see that the overhead fluorescent bars in the left pic is directly above the middle two cells, maybe even leaning towards the back two. But in the right pic, it has clearly moved forward a bit, and is now positioned between the middle and front two cells. While it's possible that there are two overhead lights above the same row of cells, it wouldn't make sense since they'd be placed right next to each other. You can see in the right pic what appears to be another set of light bars being blocked by Leon's arm, and quite contrary to having two overhead lights spaced right next to each other, it's quite some distance away like how the lights are in pretty much every other room.
        The overhead light placement could be a very subtle mistake on Capcom's part regarding the texturing of the rooms. Or, as c2keo had explained, the geometry can be very deceiving at face value. Now that you point out these details, I am more open to the idea of there being only four cells rather than six, but I highly doubt that there are two different aisles of kennel cells, that just wouldn't make sense from a design standpoint and in the context of the game (way too many dogs). But I guess anything is possible until we know for sure right? If there are only four cells instead of six, then that means Elza is standing closer to the corner of the L-corridor / wash-bin, and Leon is standing closer to the dead-end / high vent. Of course it's possible, but it strikes me as a bit odd, since the camera otherwise tends to behave conversely (when you reach a dead end, the camera is usually aimed at the obstacle, rather than away from it).

I'm sure c2keo has investigated this issue more than anyone in the community, so maybe referring to his images can clear some things up.

Name:	kennel3.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	401753Click image for larger version

Name:	Kennel2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	401752
        Last edited by Enigmatism415; 10-10-2012, 04:35 AM.

Comment

• Are there any indications that these cell walls are pre-rendered in Leon's screenshot? There could be some strange reason why they are rendered for Leon and not Elza. Or, perhaps, they are rendered for both characters but only in the angle facing the wash-bin, and not in the angle facing the high vent. If you examine the brick patterns, they are the same in both images
          The cell gates in the angle with Leon look pre-rendered to me. The door for the cell nearest the sink has actually been broken too (probably an item pick-up). If they weren't pre-rendered they would stand out like a sore thumb, or worse, they wouldn't even be there like in Elza pic. If the background rips we have are any indication, then they just use the 3d model for all angles and don't switch from rendered to pre-rendered on the fly. I'm with you there when you say that they're from the same room, it's just that I don't think they're from the same part of the room.

The overhead light placement could be a very subtle mistake on Capcom's part regarding the texturing of the rooms. Or, as c2keo had explained, the geometry can be very deceiving at face value. Now that you point out these details, I am more open to the idea of there being only four cells rather than six, but I highly doubt that there are two different aisles of kennel cells, that just wouldn't make sense from a design standpoint and in the context of the game (way too many dogs). But I guess anything is possible until we know for sure right? If there are only four cells instead of six, then that means Elza is standing closer to the corner of the L-corridor / wash-bin, and Leon is standing closer to the dead-end / high vent. Of course it's possible, but it strikes me as a bit odd, since the camera otherwise tends to behave conversely (when you reach a dead end, the camera is usually aimed at the obstacle, rather than away from it).
          Since they're rendered from the same 3d model, it doesn't make sense that the lights would show up in both angles, unless there are two of them, which goes against the spacing thing they have going for the lights in the rooms. The ceiling lights in the official ones seem to be suspended from the ceiling, just like the ones in retail, while c2keo's renders have them flush against the roof. I'm still convinced that there are two sets, with four cells each, that are connected by the same hallway. One set is for the dogs to ambush you, while the other one is just there for show/to examine. Four cells per set would make sense since we've seen in both firing range and factory yard videos that they've only set up three dogs to attack you, in both instances. I'm not sure if it's an engine limitation, or if they just thought that's it's a reasonable number of dogs attacking at the same time. As for the pre-rendered cells, they could explain where the dogs in the firing range came from. You only seem to encounter them in the basement anyway. As for the camera, that's the other thing. Like you said if what's behind Leon is a wall, then the camera should be oriented the other way around. I guess it's either a connecting hallway that we haven't seen before, or we're both wrong and there are actually eight cells in a straight row (that would certainly explain the discrepancy in the light spacing). But like you said, anything is possible. I guess we'll just have to wait for the game to come out in order to find out for ourselves
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

It seems to me like you didn't even bother looking past the first folder Beta 2/Trial Edition.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]7249[/ATTACH]

And if you're disputing that the keys are blurred or uncountable in the leaked set, you can still distinguish that they have less keys than on the model that's been reused throughout all the PS1 Bio games.
            No, I picked one typewriter with the same distance from the camera, and if you want to argue more "serious" stuff (as the keys can't really be distinguished) I would rather point on the trash bin, that obviously doesn't fallow the RE2-3 layout or the untextured book on the desk, the bucket looks different too.

Comment

• Nice shot you chose there. It's an unfair comparison though since the lighting is dim, the angle isn't almost overhead like in the leaked render, and because that image has already been "compressed" for putting on the disk. I won't really dispute the keys though, since DXP has already pointed out to me that the "I D D" embossed on the front of the typewriter is missing. I'm not too sure about the stuff in the back, since I guess it can appear either different or the same, depending on the person who looks at it. But as long as we can agree that the renders are from a recreation, I'm good.
              Last edited by biohazard_star; 10-10-2012, 09:07 AM.
              Seibu teh geimu?
              ---

Comment

• I didn't check the site for a week and i was really surprised when i saw these new leaked backgrounds ! is it really that hard to create 2d backgrounds with today's standards ? also is c2keo involved somehow in this secret project ? or maybe he abandoned dark biohazard project to work on b1.5 backgrounds recreation instead ?
                One final question, if capcom found out the people who posses 1.5 are they really gonna be sued for leaking a 15 year old unfinished game ?
                Last edited by Guest; 10-10-2012, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Of course, and they will even drop a meteor on their heads, Madara-style, as well as curse their whole families for 5 generations using voodoo dolls.

Comment

• Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
                    One final question, if capcom found out the people who posses 1.5 are they really gonna be sued for leaking a 15 year old unfinished game ?
                    They will say "We don't care".

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                      Of course, and they will even drop a meteor on their heads, Madara-style, as well as curse their whole families for 5 generations using voodoo dolls.
                      Well, shit, now I have to buy Meteor proof housing just in case the wrath spreads.

Comment

• Meteorites are valuable. Collect the pieces and sell them off to buy all of the 1.5 betas!
                        sigpic

Comment

The cell gates in the angle with Leon look pre-rendered to me. The door for the cell nearest the sink has actually been broken too (probably an item pick-up). If they weren't pre-rendered they would stand out like a sore thumb, or worse, they wouldn't even be there like in Elza pic. If the background rips we have are any indication, then they just use the 3d model for all angles and don't switch from rendered to pre-rendered on the fly.
                          Yeah I agree that they look pre-rendered, I just wanted to be open to the possibility, but you're probably right. Even so, might it be possible that Elza's screenshot features a background with incomplete textures, while that of Leon features a complete one? I realize that they both ultimately come from the same 3D environment, but the disc might contain an old version of one angle, and a new version of another angle.

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                          As for the camera, that's the other thing. Like you said if what's behind Leon is a wall, then the camera should be oriented the other way around. I guess it's either a connecting hallway that we haven't seen before, or we're both wrong and there are actually eight cells in a straight row (that would certainly explain the discrepancy in the light spacing)
                          I hadn't thought of it, but maybe there are indeed eight (or more?) cells in a row... certainly there would be ample space for more cells (assuming that the placement of the kennel is accurate in my modification of BC's map). What seems least plausible, though possible, is that a police station would have more than two aisles of dog cages, especially considering that the retail version only had one row of three cages. The Kennel is even less important in BH1.5 than it is in retail, since there's no access to the sewer, so I doubt that it would be a very complex area.

Let's pretend that there are eight cages in the same aisle, since that theory seems to satisfy all of our criteria and scrutiny. The four cells nearest to the wash-bin would have pre-rendered cages (with no dogs inside), while the four near the high vent would have 3D cages.

Name:	B2_kennel_mod2.png
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	401754

Your theory about the dogs coming from the kennel, through the vents, and into the firing range is a really interesting one. Perhaps this could hold a clue to the placement of the firing range.

Comment

• Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
                            Hard to say. We've seen Capcom strike down pretty hard on stuff when things were still fresh, but we've also seen them go "no comment" and distance themselves from recent stuff.

Also, seen studios and rights holders strike down on all sorts of weird stuff (most recently; I guess the most infamous and curious would be Square-Enix vs Chrono Compendium)

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                              Well, shit, now I have to buy Meteor proof housing just in case the wrath spreads.
                              Ask Tom Cruise, he's specialized in "end of the world" kind of underground family bunkers. He anticipated Capcom's wrath!!
                              Last edited by Rick Hunter; 10-10-2012, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• by reading this post the drainage scenario, the company and the lab is already full or almost alone Farta the RPD police station and if your computer already has the sound effect and the map of the three circle area that already has 70% of the game when you finish the last area and put the person Leo and estonce Elza and all the game will be finished in 100% that's my unofficial percentage as the team gives no information on their progress, so the forum as friend is 70% of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X