Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not if I have anything to say about it. And I do. Mostly 'Murder! Death! Kill!'

On topic, people.

Comment

• anyone know what kind of programs these people would have to use to hack and change a ps1 game ? I have no clue how any of that kind of thing is done , does it involve a lot of Hex editing or something? I know the people who mod the pc version use hex editing.
      I just find it cool that people can do that now.

Comment

• People could always do that, it's just some are not aware of the magic taking place in other communities (did anybody say translation oriented romhacking!?). From what I could recently see in the RE communities, the dudes in this scene are like 10 years late on the schedule.

As for what you'd want to use in a PlayStation hack, that involves basically anything you'd use on any other system:
        1) a debugger + disassembler combo. Usually pSX or PCSX with debugger paired with IDA and the PSY-Q flirt signatures.
        2) a hex editor, better if oriented on special encodings. Translhextion is my personal choice, but there are more out there.
        3) an assembler program for writing all the code you'd ever need to replace, fix or expand. armips is my favorite, but there may be some deprecated alternatives such as spasm (old as hell, not recommended at all).
        4) the ability to create your own tools, being them text dumpers, format handlers, GUI editors, etc. The more the merrier, but don't even think you'd be able to go through this mess with tools made by other people, especially if unhandled or new stuff shows up.

Point 4 is basically the reason why most RE communities fail in delivering high quality modifications: there's a ton of limited tools that simply can't handle it all or do some delicate tasks in messy manners. It's such a pity all the mods out there can't even cover the most basic stuff like proper camera manipulation with preview, depth masks, etc. It's kinda disappointing when somebody posts a new video of 1.5 stuff and Elza looks like a midget for the most of the footage.
        Last edited by Gemini; 10-25-2012, 07:33 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
        , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Cool thanks for all that ,you sound like you know what your talking about

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            Not if I have anything to say about it. And I do. Mostly 'Murder! Death! Kill!'

On topic, people.
            Zomg you're not the same Castlevania Dungeon Darkmoon, are yees? o_O

Comment

• Castlevania Dungeon? I'am also a member there!
              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• We all are, apparently.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Mod PS1 games? Hell yes you can. My favorite PS1 game and modding community: http://ffhacktics.com/
                  Last edited by Darkness; 10-25-2012, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Ha ha I took a passing interest in that community for awhile with their FFT tournament series. Got bored of it after awhile. It was like a second full time job. Though it was fun. Not being able to control the AI is just frustrating however.

On topic - Uh ... I am pretty curious how many rooms they are adding/retexturing, and how well they'll fit into the final game. It would be interesting to get a comparison between the additions they are doing with the latest bioflames build, and how close (or far) they were from it.

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                      Ha ha I took a passing interest in that community for awhile with their FFT tournament series. Got bored of it after awhile. It was like a second full time job. Though it was fun. Not being able to control the AI is just frustrating however.

On topic - Uh ... I am pretty curious how many rooms they are adding/retexturing, and how well they'll fit into the final game. It would be interesting to get a comparison between the additions they are doing with the latest bioflames build, and how close (or far) they were from it.
                      It's likely there are many basic renders on the disc, so that would at least give someone a base to work with on getting the dimensions of a room and the camera angle right. Of course there's no knowing just how many backgrounds Capcom had drafted at this point, for all we know there might be none. There's also a whole ton of Bioflames images to go from so it would be possible to recreate the basic structure of a room or corridor quite easilly. You're never going to get it 100% right but someone talented enough could create something to a high standard that's equally as convincing.

Comment

• which is why this team could very well possibly give us an excellent build. I hope they add retail RE2 door loading screens. Because every ladder door and everything else being the metal door with a plastic sound is going to suck ass

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                          which is why this team could very well possibly give us an excellent build.
                          I think we can all find solace in the fact that the disc is in the hands of people who are quite possibly more avid fans and capable programmers than any of us here are. If there's any group of people who can do the best job with this modification, it's probably them. I mean, think about it, if you were a collector and paid a ton of money for the disc, wouldn't you track down and enlist the best team of PSX programmers you could possibly find?

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                            I think we can all find solace in the fact that the disc is in the hands of people who are quite possibly more avid fans and capable programmers than any of us here are. If there's any group of people who can do the best job with this modification, it's probably them. I mean, think about it, if you were a collector and paid a ton of money for the disc, wouldn't you track down and enlist the best team of PSX programmers you could possibly find?
                            The most skilled, diehard, CLASSIC survival horror fans and gearheads. They are piecing together the holy grail.

Comment

You're right. The hair style matches very well. Does anyone one what the native pixel x pixel size is for the mugshots in-game? If anyone wants, I can whip up some crisp pixel perfect recreations. Maybe if this mysterious team is interested, they could use it in their game :lol

Still never got an answer to this.

Comment

Zomg you're not the same Castlevania Dungeon Darkmoon, are yees? o_O
                                Nope. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X