Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It doesn't stand for a surname. It's just a card type. My guesses would be something like Main (M-Type) and Lower (L-Type).

Comment

• Hmm, yea. That seems to make the most sense. The "M" surname is probably just coincidental.
      Seibu teh geimu?
      ---

Comment

• are you guys convinced its a legit 1.5 cropped out item?

Comment

• I'm convinced it's a recreation, like the ID card in Elza's inventory.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
            I'm convinced it's a recreation, like the ID card in Elza's inventory.
            Shit, another really good recreation, I wonder if they used kamiya for a reason..
            Last edited by Darkness; 10-29-2012, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
              are you guys convinced its a legit 1.5 cropped out item?
              no, because there are no good explanation to that card. some people said its from remake, others from a dude in a modding forum, but no facts here.

Comment

• What Gemini meant is that the name "Goro Macida" is also present on the texture of the lab coat zombie in REmake. If anything, it's meant to be one of those longstanding inside jokes inserted by the developers. In 1.5's case, it's the name of a researcher written on a key card.

I wonder if they used kamiya for a reason..
                Because use your brain.
                I can't wait to see Kamiya's huge "sit" reaction on twitter once the game gets released.

Spoiler:
                Last edited by biohazard_star; 10-29-2012, 10:28 PM.
                Seibu teh geimu?
                ---

Comment

• I see no reason why it can't be legit. I mean, there's three ways to look at this:

1) Curator named him self after something written on a lab coat
                  2) The people who supposedly "designed the card" are referencing the Goro Macida video
                  3) The card is a real 1.5 asset and Curator named him self Goro Macida knowing fine well it was a reference to 1.5

The third seems by far the most likely to me. Of course it's all guess work on any of our behalfs but I don't see why reproducing this card would be done so in such a manner when you had no previous knowledge of such easter eggs being used in 1.5 like this. It just seems a really random thing to do and something more likely to come from a developer than a restoration project.
                  Last edited by Guest; 10-29-2012, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• I'm still waiting for people to go so...curator trolled us twice(if you think about it) Like I speculated on the modding forums the card (or in this case what is written on it) proves that Curator didn't just make the name up out of thin air and we do know he was looking through the files that's how he confirmed Elza with USS armour was in the build so who is to say this isn't an actual 1.5 item image?

Mark also said on the forum that that image has shown up in his inbox a few times(so is there more than one hacking group? or is it just the same people?) I'll let you make up your own decisions.

As for why Kamiya is on there, if you were to assume this is a real item from 1.5 I know from my lecturers in uni(who were in the industry during the 90's) that there wasn't a massive amount of funding like you have nowadays so staff would have to provide voice acting/use themselves in game(Gabe Newell springs to mind with the whole face in a room in Half life 1)plenty more examples though, so who is to say that for 1.5's sake maybe as a key holder Kamiya himself used his face to represent Gora Macida until a new face had being created(think about it they still didn't have Leon or Elza's face done for the inventory)

If that is the case then it follows the whole idea(that I speculated) Capcom games are worked back to front(other words they started from the end of the game and worked to the beginning asset,room and event wise.)

But again to balance it all we have no evidence to prove its real or not since we have no access to the game so its your own opinion on if its real or not.

Comment

• whata hell is going on... wheres that post in modding forum?

EDIT: never mind, found it
                      Last edited by Marvin; 10-30-2012, 08:19 AM.
                      ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

• RE2: marvin dies like a little biotch
                        1.5 marvin: Beastly survivor trekkin' it with leon

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                          no, because there are no good explanation to that card. some people said its from remake, others from a dude in a modding forum, but no facts here.
                          I think what was said is the name Goro M popped up in REmake -- if that's the case I'd say the card is legit... That along with the fact there is an M - I.D. card on the 1.5 item list, i could be 100 percent wrong though.
                          Last edited by Guest; 10-30-2012, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Looking at translations online:

Goro = approximately
                            Machida = a city in western Tokyo, Japan

Pure speculation, and a bit of fun on my behalf, but perhaps it's a reference to where an outbreak happens. As in saying "approximately in, or around abouts, this location (Machida, Tokyo, Japan).

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                              Looking at translations online:

Goro = approximately
                              Machida = a city in western Tokyo, Japan

Pure speculation, and a bit of fun on my behalf, but perhaps it's a reference to where an outbreak happens. As in saying "approximately in, or around abouts, this location (Machida, Tokyo, Japan).
                              A bit of a stretch there buddy XD... but I see what you did there.

In reality, though, I'm almost 100% positive that it's 町田五郎, a very common Japanese name.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                                RE2: marvin dies like a little biotch
                                1.5 marvin: Beastly survivor trekkin' it with leon
                                RE2 transition just emphazed the old "Black guy always dies".

Comment

Working...
                                X