Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
    And it's for those very reasons they are smart to keep as anonymous as they have been.

With regards to the custom rooms/content, it might be based off early-renders of those rooms implemented in-game or on the disc. We can't say for certain, probably until this is released. So the "new" hall, with access to the bathroom and secondary stairwell, could be based off the actual hall, but maybe they interpreted the objects/textures placed therein?
    I think you're probably right. Worst-case scenario, the Eastern Hallway was completely untextured but retained its shape. Perhaps more likely, the room had at least a sparse assortment of objects and perhaps even textures, to which the team added finer details.

Comment

• The long black bench (seems to be used often) is from retail Resident Evil 2, is it not? The one used on the second floor library reception area?

Comment

• I'm sure the team has looked up some of the maps that were posted on here that show the estimated layout of the RPD. That way they have a reference. Also wouldn't it be possible to use the trial edition backgrounds and add masks? If so they can nearly create 100% of the game from these backgrounds. I also don't mind them using RE2 tracks, as long as it's not one of the iconic ones.

I think some rooms on the 40% build don't even have textures or are even rendered, but RDT data such as dimensions might be present. So using this data could really lead to custom rooms.
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
          Also wouldn't it be possible to use the trial edition backgrounds and add masks?
          Well, the trial backgrounds already come packed with masks for the most, so it would be totally in the real of possibilities.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• As good as those custom background are.... you can tell which are legit and which are not... but wow, these guys are on another level that no one has ever seen before..... They are good....

Comment

• A little bit off-Topic but look at the first two minutes of this video. I found a few details i never personally noticed:

It seems that the developers had a high gore level in this beta version like in 1.5. As you can see the shotgun had the same effect as it does in 1.5 and was may more gory. Also you can see that they had planned to give Claire an Idle Pose like they gave Elza in a version in the mid of development of 1.5 (Note: The final version of Resident Evil 2 did not have a idle animation unlike Resident Evil 1). And the most interesting thing you can see in this Trailer is a Weapon that resembles a M16 Assault Rifle which is used by Leon.

Here's a video in which you can see the 1.5 idle animations of Elza:
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
              Last edited by Alfred; 11-02-2012, 05:38 PM.
              Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred View Post
                And the most interesting thing you can see in this Trailer is a Weapon that resembles a M16 Assault Rifle which is used by Leon.
                SPAS15
                Last edited by SonicBlue; 11-02-2012, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• a question about Elza's voice, did she has 2 voice's actress? because in some tráiler she has a voice similar to Jill's RE 1, and in other she has another one (but i'm think wasn't alysson's voice), like this one, when the crow attack her at 0:56

I wonder which one was the final elza's voice
                  Last edited by GrrMew; 11-02-2012, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                    I thought the first floor landing seemed too small for it to be a room on its own, which leads me to believe that there are two flights of stairs in the first floor area that you would have to descend. One would descend down to a small mezzanine walkway (the one we see in the new stairwell pic with Leon), while the other one is at the bottom, which will lead you to B1. You wouldn't need to change the orientation of the basement areas in your maps if it's like this. This is supported by the fact that the height of the ceilings in the parking garage and service bay (which are on B1) are at least twice that of the other rooms.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7441[/ATTACH]
                    Your diagram is certainly convincing! I'm glad that someone else besides me is interested in dissecting the stairwell, since it is pivotal to our understanding of the RPD layout. Perhaps we are making the assumption that the stairwell is a tube, while each level might have different dimensions. We know the shape of the 1F Eastern Stairwell from the legitimate RPD 1F map, but we don't really know the shape of the B1 stairwell. The B2 stairwell, as seen in the new video, seems to be more elongated than the 1F stairwell above it. Meanwhile, the only thing we know about the B1 stairwell is that the floor runs alongside the staircase. Very good point about the ceiling height differences too, I should have incorporated that. However, the first floor ceiling might be taller than you think. After careful thought and examination, I judged it to be a little under three meters high. Of course it's not exact, but it's taller than one might think.

---

Originally posted by Aleff View Post
                    The team isn't italian, stop spreading wrong info again
                    Sorry for inadvertently perpetuating old rumors.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
                      SPAS15
                      Yeah isn't it somewhat like a USAS-12 or AA12?
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by GrrMew View Post
                        a question about Elza's voice, did she has 2 voice's actress? because in some tráiler she has a voice similar to Jill's RE 1, and in other she has another one (but i'm think wasn't alysson's voice), like this one, when the crow attack her at 0:56

I wonder which one was the final elza's voice
                        This video came form the Complete Disc, so what you hear it's what the retail voice would have been.

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                        Yeah isn't it somewhat like a USAS-12 or AA12?
                        If we take in consideration the rumor of the employee who left CAPCOM to SQUARESFOT, it's probably the USAS-12, Parasite Eve II?

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
                          This video came form the Complete Disc, so what you hear it's what the retail voice would have been.
                          I'm still a firm believer that, although they probably at the time changed the audio data away from using what sounds like placeholder audio from RE1 (Jill/Chris), that there was likely never any proper audio/speech recorded for 1.5, and all there is is stuff that was whipped together for the Complete Disc videos ... likely even with just leftovers that were recorded with the RE2 cast by accident or for similar lines. (You'd be amazed by how often that happens. I've even been on projects where all actors recorded all the dialog for both the previous project and the current one ... as in; each actor read almost every line, for all characters, in the entire script, for one project that was already wrapped and shipped and another one that was still in the making ... all the leads did that ... for what purpose? Who knows ... most likely just the product of an unorganized script database and someone deciding to just "play it safe.")

Comment

• That is a possibility, that is, that the audio was placed over the video and it wasn't actually incorporated into the game yet. If you'll notice, the music is obviously placed over. So it would make more sense to just make the video mute, then place the sound effects afterwards, instead of going into the game code, shutting off the BGM, keeping the sound effects on, THEN adding music afterwards to the video recording. At least, in my mind, that would make more sense. Either way, I like the voice used for Elza.
                            Last edited by doriantoki; 11-02-2012, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                              I'm still a firm believer that, although they probably at the time changed the audio data away from using what sounds like placeholder audio from RE1 (Jill/Chris), that there was likely never any proper audio/speech recorded for 1.5, and all there is is stuff that was whipped together for the Complete Disc videos ... likely even with just leftovers that were recorded with the RE2 cast by accident or for similar lines. (You'd be amazed by how often that happens. I've even been on projects where all actors recorded all the dialog for both the previous project and the current one ... as in; each actor read almost every line, for all characters, in the entire script, for one project that was already wrapped and shipped and another one that was still in the making ... all the leads did that ... for what purpose? Who knows ... most likely just the product of an unorganized script database and someone deciding to just "play it safe.")
                              That's just freakin great and SHERLY were in at 40%. I'm sure they had most of the voicing in at the 80-90 % mark to make sure it was perfect and fit the atmosphere and the characters

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                                That's just freakin great and SHERLY were in at 40%.
                                I don't think I've ever heard or seen anything that confirmed any such thing. Source? (not "SHERLY" that one we're kinda sure of)

Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                                I'm sure they had most of the voicing in at the 80-90 % mark to make sure it was perfect and fit the atmosphere and the characters
                                Voice acting and FMVs are usually the very last thing you bother with in productions like these, especially considering how they handled RE1 (where it seems like they almost had the entire game itself completed before they shoehorned story and dialog into it.) +It's not really uncommon to do things the back asswards way of even doing trailer audio before any actual in-game audio has been recorded (sometimes even voice actors changing between the trailer footage of the scene and the actual release version, since they couldn't reschedule the actor or the "actor" didn't pass the audition -- despite being used for the rush job of the trailer.)

Comment

Working...
                                X