Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
    I'm still a firm believer that, although they probably at the time changed the audio data away from using what sounds like placeholder audio from RE1 (Jill/Chris), that there was likely never any proper audio/speech recorded for 1.5, and all there is is stuff that was whipped together for the Complete Disc videos ... likely even with just leftovers that were recorded with the RE2 cast by accident or for similar lines. (You'd be amazed by how often that happens. I've even been on projects where all actors recorded all the dialog for both the previous project and the current one ... as in; each actor read almost every line, for all characters, in the entire script, for one project that was already wrapped and shipped and another one that was still in the making ... all the leads did that ... for what purpose? Who knows ... most likely just the product of an unorganized script database and someone deciding to just "play it safe.")
    The power of post production is endless, they make a lot of movies looks what they are not, adding dialogues that are not supposed to be in that part of the movie, etc.

Comment

• Not sure if I'm wrong posting this dubious info here, but GManWillis from ASSEMbler made a lot of assumptions (or he has real data about the 1.5 project):

t's not that complete. Hate to shit on the community's "15" year hype for "1.5", but it's very barebones, missing a lot, and very buggy. Aside from a few doors, most doors automatically room jump to another room. So you can play without debug, but only about 40ish rooms are playable on the disc, and only about 50 total on the disc at all. So most of the game is missing.

Most of the npcs use placeholders, models are not on the disc. Leon's model is a placeholder for Irons, Roy, and Marvin. Elza placeholders Annette. Ada and John's models are actually on disc, just missing a face.

Also... if you're in it for the feel of Capcom's take on what Resident Evil 2 was supposed to be, look more forward to the unaltered version. The finished version "they" are making is very bastardized and making unnecessary changes. i.e. Changing icons that didn't need to, borrowing too much ideas from final RE2, just certain things that make it feel less authentic. Don't get me wrong though, this team is professional. They are doing, and accomplishing more than our entire community could quite frankly. They are finishing what Capcom did not. Their main goal is to turn the 40% build into the 80. For example, placeholder npcs will feature their actual character models in the modified build, and to show off just how good their team is, you would think, oh well they're just probably going to copy over Marvin's model from RE2 over to RE1.5. Wrong. Everything being modified in this seperate build in attempt to take it from 40% to 80, is all original custom work developed by this team alone. So models, missing rooms, translations, character animations, are all being built from scratch by these guys. They have spent many many countless hours to bump this from 40 to 80. You will be impressed for sure.

In closing, the release date was originally planned to be on Halloween, but an important team member went missing and it took the team a couple months to find a trustworthy replacement to do his work resulting in a N/A release date. It's not going to be on a set holiday, it just really depends on when the team is completely done modifying their build. Once done, both the un-altered, and altered builds will be released to download simultaneously via web related file sharing networks.
      Last edited by Aleff; 11-02-2012, 07:50 PM.
      Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aleff View Post
        Not sure if I'm wrong posting this dubious info here, but GManWillis from ASSEMbler made a lot of assumptions (or he has real data about the 1.5 project):
        Hell yes, this is fricking awesome! So most likely it will be released by the end of the year. I also like the idea of the altered and unaltered builds being released at the same time. One thing is that they should release a modded version, but as BIOHAZARD 2. I'd love to have a modded version in full Japanese.
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• In fear of repeating what I said over there, but ... pretty much "anyone" can make up the most amazing claims about this project and wrap it up in a nice Sledge Hammer-esque "TRUST ME" and people will blindly take it for good fish?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
            One thing is that they should release a modded version, but as BIOHAZARD 2. I'd love to have a modded version in full Japanese.
            Why taking the risk of understanding less than 1% of the entire deal? You can't guess the story while proceeding just with the pictures.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
            , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

In fear of repeating what I said over there, but ... pretty much "anyone" can make up the most amazing claims about this project and wrap it up in a nice Sledge Hammer-esque "TRUST ME" and people will blindly take it for good fish?
              Yep. Kinda like Clock Tower, where Jennifer finds Ms. Mary in a locked room in a mansion where her friends are getting killed one by one... "oh you poured a medicine in a glass so I could drink to feel relaxed, ok I'm sure you wouldn't want to poison me so let me drink it". More or less like that.
              Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

In fear of repeating what I said over there, but ... pretty much "anyone" can make up the most amazing claims about this project and wrap it up in a nice Sledge Hammer-esque "TRUST ME" and people will blindly take it for good fish?
                Damn, you always point out the obvious flaws and it hurts me, but you are right....but I will one more time, open my heart with trust.

Comment

• Anyway... here are a couple of my ideas for the stairwell design:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ESW2a.png
Views:	1
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	401886Click image for larger version

Name:	ESW3.png
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	401887

As I'd mentioned earlier, the legitimate RPD 1F map shows the Eastern Stairwell as being more compact than the elongated B2 stairwell that we've all seen in the new video.

Also, check out this comparison:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	ESWcomp.JPG
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	401888

It seems reasonable to conclude that the dark slice in the Inflames-exclusive image (outlined in red) represents the overshoot of the floor above, allowing for the size differences among the levels of the Eastern Stairwell.

Biohazard_star, your theory about the mezzanine between 1F and B1 would also be compatible with this "dark slice"... so I'm really torn between the two possibilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                    Why taking the risk of understanding less than 1% of the entire deal? You can't guess the story while proceeding just with the pictures.
                    Because I can read Japanese? I'm not fluent at all but can understand a lot of it, I just suck at Kanji...
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                      Damn, you always point out the obvious flaws and it hurts me, but you are right....but I will one more time, open my heart with trust.
                      Ahah. I must come off as the worst party pooper in existence. In fact, if I weren't so fond of my staff tag, I'd make party pooper my own custom tag

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                      Anyway... here are a couple of my ideas for the stairwell design:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7443[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7444[/ATTACH]
                      Hey. While those are pretty basic, I love those types of quick "digital sketches" of stuff. Especially love the model used for scale reference and such too. Have you made the entire RPD like that or anything else? (Just reminded me of an old project I worked on; an interactive "guide" of the entire Mansion - letting you click your way around it ... would've bean neat to do something similar in full 3D instead, since that's much more "web friendly" now than it was back in 2001.)

Comment

• I somehow believe that the team recreating RE 1.5 could be a bunch of former members of the original development team of RE 1.5. I mean, they are doing this at such a high level of professionality...no modder out there except maybe Dominion could get at that level...
                        Last edited by Alfred; 11-02-2012, 09:21 PM.
                        Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

Hey. While those are pretty basic, I love those types of quick "digital sketches" of stuff. Especially love the model used for scale reference and such too. Have you made the entire RPD like that or anything else? (Just reminded me of an old project I worked on; an interactive "guide" of the entire Mansion - letting you click your way around it ... would've bean neat to do something similar in full 3D instead, since that's much more "web friendly" now than it was back in 2001.)
                          I was actually thinking of making a 3D model of the entire RPD, but I decided to wait until after the December update. As you know, such projects require a lot of work to do right, and I'd rather ensure maximum accuracy

Once we can figure out how the Eastern Stairwell is arranged, I'll be in a much better position to at least begin constructing the RPD. The Eastern Stairwell is probably the most important room in terms of figuring out the orientations of the RPD basement levels.

Comment

• I think the same as Alfred...maybe some members of this team worked on the original RE 1.5, and well maybe when they retired from capcom and seeing how us ( RE old school fans), are kinda crazy about this "1.5" decided to finish the game for us (or almost finish all what they can). A fan service, but is just, this seems so profesional...makes me think that..I know i have a lot of imagination lol but i dont discard this.
                            Last edited by GrrMew; 11-02-2012, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred View Post
                              I somehow believe that the team recreating RE 1.5 could be a bunch of former members of the original development team of RE 1.5. I mean, they are doing this at such a high level of professionality...no modder out there except maybe Dominion could get at that level...
                              If that was true, than I'm supposed to be an ex member of KONAMI, Namco, and Atlus for bringing games such as Akumajō Dracula X: Gekka no Yasōkyoku, Tales of Phantasia, and Persona 2: Innocent Sin to the English speaking audience? Nope, that's not how it works when it comes to hacking. A high level of hacking skills means you're only good at manipulating a machine into doing whatever you want. It doesn't automatically turn you into a full fledged former developer.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                              , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                                It doesn't automatically turn you into a full fledged former developer.
                                Maybe not former, but you could be considered a developer, I suppose? At least my past translation efforts is partly to blame for my horrible retail efforts

Comment

Working...
                                X