Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
    If that was true, than I'm supposed to be an ex member of KONAMI, Namco, and Atlus for bringing games such as Akumajō Dracula X: Gekka no Yasōkyoku, Tales of Phantasia, and Persona 2: Innocent Sin to the English speaking audience? Nope, that's not how it works when it comes to hacking. A high level of hacking skills means you're only good at manipulating a machine into doing whatever you want. It doesn't automatically turn you into a full fledged former developer.
    It's not like they're just "hacking" that game with hex editing or changing the script (which isn't a big deal in Resident Evil 2, BTW), they're creating backgrounds from scratch and they're adding layers which no modder (including me) is capable of. Changing voices, music, and textures isn't such a big deal but editing animations, creating models from scratch and adding layers to the background is a great archievement, if they are "only" modders. And now the question is: Where did the group learned how to do this ? The only answer that seems logic to me is that they're former developers...
    Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• Again, you're getting the wrong idea out of pure assumption. I still have my translation projects and I can assure you with Dracula X I had to literally rewrite thousand and thousand of lines of code in order to make the translation look actually better than what KONAMI did with their hackjob on the Western releases of Symphony of the Night. Same applies to my other projects, which are technically on par with what an official localization team would have done - there's so much work behind you can't even imagine, and yet that doesn't mean I have either the sources or were part of the original development teams. These guys are simply highly skilled and know what they are doing.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• @Alfred: Actually, many of those things you mention there are also part of what's needed when you're doing translation hacking too. You'd be amazed by the amount of stuff you go through when doing that. Can't speak of Gemini's Tales of Phantasia translation (as I didn't play it for long), but the one Phantasian Productions has had in the works for ages has some pretty elaborate hacks for adding softsubs to dialog that didn't have subtitles at all, various underlying systems to detect the presence of various party members to enable/disable certain options, routines added for detecting the last letter in a character's name (to add proper apostrophy usage in possessive suffixes), full redesigs of menu layouts to better fit new text, etc..

Never underestimate what's actually involved when you're doing translations that involves more than just rewriting uncompressed text in something that's already using the same font, formats and space as your own target language ;D
        Last edited by Carnivol; 11-02-2012, 10:16 PM. Reason: BOSS

Comment

• Originally posted by Aleff View Post
          GManWillis from ASSEMbler made a lot of assumptions
          Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
            Spoiler:
            I kind of guessed it wasn't true. But B.Zork, I have one question if you will. The team is releasing the modded and original versions, correct? I fully understand if you can not comment.
            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• The game is basically a complete game that is not really complete, in basic therms... The areas that not have or are just placeholders, are all ready to fill them... the only thing that i saw in the video is that the Handgun Bullets are not from the Demo, the image of the Orange Box of Bullets, the Shotgun should be the Remington showed in that german page, the image of elza must be the Jill's Image one from RE 1, but that's what i'm talking about, just place-holders. It just need a massive group of specialized people... If everyone wait 15 years for the game, we can wait for a couple of months...

Sorry if i wrote unnecesary info, i really want to wrote my point of view, i hope that game will be released in Japanese.
              Last edited by STARSRedfield; 11-02-2012, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Don't quite get people's obsession with wanting a Japanese build too. Are we looking for something special?

Either way;
                Originally posted by STARSRedfield View Post
                If everyone wait 15 years for the game, we can wait for a couple of months...
                This cannot be said enough times. Some people are just worse than hogs during feeding time when it comes to 1.5 stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                  Anyway... here are a couple of my ideas for the stairwell design:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7443[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7444[/ATTACH]

As I'd mentioned earlier, the legitimate RPD 1F map shows the Eastern Stairwell as being more compact than the elongated B2 stairwell that we've all seen in the new video.
                  I'm assuming the door to the B1 hallway is in front of the person in the second Sketchup render. In both cases, the layout wouldn't work with your maps since the doors to both B1 and B2 should be facing North, i.e. directly below the first floor landing. The mezzanine level on the first floor room is the only way I can think of how you can have both flights of stairs in the new Leon pic and the bioflames Elza pic to work out together. The part of the wall you highlighted in red would have to be the bottom part of the same concrete bannister you see in the new Leon pic. Of course, you can also assume there's only one flight of stairs going from 1F to B1, but you would have to drastically alter the orientation of your basement maps to account for the door locations.
                  Seibu teh geimu?
                  ---

Comment

• Mr.BZork is a gentleman, letting us know about the lies.

Comment

• Really? What the fuck guys?

GManWillis posted information that B.Zork provided him through YouTube. This information could be (or not) legit. For all we know B.Zork could be trying to determine which community members are trusty-worthy and which are not. However, one thing scares me. The way some members jumped all over what he said leads me to believe that there are some people within this community that are well aware of what's going on the inside.

Now, I don't give a fuck if you guys have information. I get that this information isn't probably meant to be disclosed since the team requested that no leaks were made. But trying to discredit this guy isn't going to solve the problem. Anyone with half a brain can see that he didn't come up with that on his own. And you're doing a piss-poor job at maintaining your covers while you're at it. If GManWillis did reveal some information that wasn't meant to be seen by the public, then simply deny him access to any further information. Lynching the man in public like this is no way to handle this shit.

I'm glad we got a little glimpse of the inner works of this project. As long as no one's identity is compromised and no crucial information gets leaks out, I think the community can handle fairly well this new info. No need to be drama queens thinking that a stupid decision is going to blow the likes of this project coming into light. As someone previously said, this team is mature enough to handle the bipolarism of this community.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                      BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                        you would have to drastically alter the orientation of your basement maps to account for the door locations.
                        Yep. Exactly. The orientations seen on my map are products of my previous guesswork, before the new Halloween video and screenshots were released. Depending on what we can accurately deduce from the new stairwell information, I might end up changing the orientation of the basement floors... again...

I'm sure we can figure this out!

Maybe we can do a new 2D version for kicks while we wait, like old times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                          Don't quite get people's obsession with wanting a Japanese build too. Are we looking for something special?

Either way;

This cannot be said enough times. Some people are just worse than hogs during feeding time when it comes to 1.5 stuff
                          I know, is for not to lose my mind...
                          In the meantime i will make my transcriptions to English of the Item List of 1.5 that i saw in a few pages of the post... Carnivol, thanks for saying that to me, i'm not the only person of waiting this game.. and for the Japanese version... look what happen to RE3 and BH3 the differences of Violence, and BH2 -RE2 the differences of the places of the Items and dificulty. Maybe the Un-Touched file of the original Build of 1.5, like someone say in this post, have some "Differences"...

Comment

• what differences? Its the same game, just translated. they are adding on to the game, not changing it

Comment

• Gman needs to stop this instant. Nothing good will come of this. If anything he's hurting the community and potentially affecting the release of the mod. Perhaps the mods at Assembler should just perma-ban him. I mean if what he's saying is true, then he is breaking the trust of those who have given him this information. If it was me I wouldn't talk at all. He's just an ass who wants to fuck shit up, so trolling.
                              Last edited by Zombie_X; 11-02-2012, 11:15 PM.
                              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by STARSRedfield View Post
                                If everyone wait 15 years for the game, we can wait for a couple of months...
                                5 months ago: *New footage released*
                                4 months ago: They are trolling us, there's no new footage!
                                3 months ago: They are trolling us, there's no new footage!
                                2 months ago: *New footage about scammer released*
                                1 months ago: They are trolling us, there's no new footage!

This month: *New footage released*
                                Next month: They are trolling us, there's no new footage!

Yeah, right, we suuuuuuureee can wait a couple of months.
                                Last edited by Guest; 11-02-2012, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X