Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes. ROOM6XX020.jpeg, from the last folder.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
    BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• If you think about it, the lab actually changed very little from 1.5 to retail. The platform is included in that. If retail is any indicator, that is, playing A and B scenarios side by side, each character COULD leave by the same exit, they would just have different roles. Retail also has multiple train tracks in the background. The "other" train has been turned grey, and you can only see it from the very back of the platform, where you have to put the plugs in/tyrant attacks/Ada throws the Rocket Launcher.

The regular red train on the other side;

Another possibility is that we're misinterpreting how the storyline unfolds, and it is similar to how RE1 treats each character as a "separate" canon. ie: if you play Jill, she destroys Tyrant, if you play Chris, he does, and so on.

However, my personal feeling, based on how similar the lab remained, including the platform (which ALSO had a plug/electricity "puzzle), is that the end of 1.5 was probably very similar to how RE2 retail ended. Which is ... kind of funny and ironic, because if that is the case, the series could have continue the way it is with few changes. Outside of Code Veronica, Claire has little impact on what happens to Chris later in the series. Annette being dead or alive changes little, and Leon has more or less always remained the same character. Hm, that's pretty funny now that I think about it.
      Last edited by doriantoki; 11-04-2012, 01:25 AM.

Comment

• I just double-checked the pre-rendered backgrounds of BH 2. The platform remains there, but there's no second train. Therefore, it seems reasonable to assume that the purpose of having 2 sets of trains was to have both characters escape from different vehicles, and this was changed in the retail product since it was no longer necessary.

Regarding the narrative, I've though about what you're saying from time to time but I always come to the same conclusion. Elza and Leon never cross each others path, but there is, undeniably, influence from one scenario to another, so they are definitely happening at the same time, with different paces (e.g. Sherry getting access to the service bay manhole; Elza coming across Marvin after he has injured his leg; the broken mirror from the main entrance of the factory; Birkin ambushing Leon with the metal pipe by the time he arrives in the Warehouse).

This idea was conserved in the retail product, but both scenarios were intertwined to give a more fluid progression of the narrative. Like you implied, the idea evolved. I believe this was the case with BH 1.5, too.

EDIT: And why do you think the colour of that train was changed? Look at the layout near the second train of the picture I posted. It resembles the layout of the location next to the first train.
        Last edited by Kegluneq; 11-04-2012, 01:31 AM.

Comment

• Heh, all those trial backgrounds could be used for the you know what by the you know whos.
          I really think its a influencing two at once thing as well. and we really dont know whether or not elza and leon meet. but i bet marvin goes ohai elza, im leons partner. We are trying to survive da zombehs yo

Comment

• Another possibility is that we're misinterpreting how the storyline unfolds, and it is similar to how RE1 treats each character as a "separate" canon. ie: if you play Jill, she destroys Tyrant, if you play Chris, he does, and so on.
            I think this is the most likely scenario. The character you play as will be ahead with regards to prepping the vaccine for his/her sub-character and will therefore get to the train platform first. Meanwhile, the other character will, story-wise, be busy creating the vaccine for his sub-character, while the character you are controlling is busy prepping the train for launch. The other main character only gets to the platform when the train has already been started up. The train segment will play out just like the one in retail, and the non-player main character will just stay in the main cabin along with the other NPCs, while you get to investigate the rear train cars and fight Birkin. It's basically the A and B scenarios from retail crunched into one.
            Seibu teh geimu?
            ---

Comment

• It's definitely a possibility. The biggest issue I have with fitting everything in a canon scenario for both characters is the final battle against Birkin. If that train is already moving when he is fought for the last time then it could mean two things: 1. The hypothetical situation you've just described: each character gets a "separate" canon when they get to the laboratory and both fight Birkin twice in the train segment; 2. One of the characters fights him near the platform before (or after) activating the train and escapes, while the other faces him after escaping (likely the character with the hardest difficulty, if Birkin suffers yet another mutation). Unfortunately, we're not likely to ever find out, even if we get the final beta.

Comment

• By "the last time" do you mean the fight on-board the train? I'm pretty sure it happens after the train is already running as the background sets for the rear carriages do not depict them with the platform rendered in the background.

One of the characters fights him near the platform before (or after) activating the train and escapes, while the other faces him after escaping (likely the character with the hardest difficulty, if Birkin suffers yet another mutation).
                I think it seems unlikely since in the bioflames pictures, we see Leon fighting him in both encounters. The devs have stated a few times that the difficulty level is the same for both characters, so if Leon gets to fight him multiple times throughout the train and platform segments of the game, then so does Elza.
                Seibu teh geimu?
                ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                  I'd rather you just make a complete 3D mock-up in Sketchup. I've actually made one, based on the map you drew up, but it's far from complete.
                  I'd love to see your progress though! A little leak couldn't hurt right? ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                    I'd love to see your progress though! A little leak couldn't hurt right? ;)
                    Here you go:

I'd say the exterior of the RPD is about 40% complete. ;)
                    Spoiler:
                    Last edited by biohazard_star; 11-04-2012, 02:23 AM.
                    Seibu teh geimu?
                    ---

Comment

Here you go:

I'd say the exterior of the RPD is about 40% complete. ;)
                      Spoiler:
                      Oh bugger, invalid attachment... You could always PM it to me.

Comment

• Go check the last post. I fixed it now.
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

• Neat. Good jorb.

Comment

• Whoa! That's way better than anything I could do. We should totally work together! I was already planning on designing an interactive map in 2D... but why do that when we can make it 3D? We could even fix some camera angles and juxtapose them with legitimate screenshots.

Comment

• Thanks, guys. If you're serious about doing an interactive version with a rough 3D version of the RPD in Sketchup, PM me.
                              I'd do it in a "real" 3D program like Blender or 3DSMax, but I still have a long ways to go.
                              Seibu teh geimu?
                              ---

Comment

I think it seems unlikely since in the bioflames pictures, we see Leon fighting him in both encounters. The devs have stated a few times that the difficulty level is the same for both characters, so if Leon gets to fight him multiple times throughout the train and platform segments of the game, then so does Elza.
                                Yes, I'm aware of that. But are we sure both fights are scripted in Leon's scenario of the available final build? If that's the case, then that would exclude the possibility of developers messing with a short of "debug test" for the final battle of each character, and pretty much confirm that both of them were meant to fight Birkin twice in that segment.

Formidable work on that 3D model. If you guys need some help with screenshots, let me know. Not a lot I can contribute, but I'd like to do whatever I can to help.

Comment

Working...
                                X