Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    John is not the same John from BH1. Not sure how people got this idea outside of a forced connection.
    Probably from the scraped idea one of the developers were talking about in an interview. Then there's also that bit where John has been counter-intuitively given the same name as Ada's lover in the file in RE1.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
      Probably from the scraped idea one of the developers were talking about in an interview. Then there's also that bit where John has been counter-intuitively given the same name as Ada's lover in the file in RE1.
      That was in relation to final BH2, not 1.5. It's not counter-intuitive for characters to have the same name, the developers don't expect people to force in some connections.

I mean come on, does John/Kendo look like a scientist to anyone?
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• I always thought he looked like a construction worker, haha. Just something about him in the concept art.
        sigpic

Comment

• ...not any more so than, well, Wesker.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
            That was in relation to final BH2, not 1.5. It's not counter-intuitive for characters to have the same name, the developers don't expect people to force in some connections.

I mean come on, does John/Kendo look like a scientist to anyone?
            They gave two of the main characters the exact same names as a pair of lovers in RE1. Obviously some people will draw up a mistaken connection.

... Does Luis give the scientist vibes to you?
            Seibu teh geimu?
            ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
              They gave two of the main characters the exact same names as a pair of lovers in RE1. Obviously some people will draw up a mistaken connection.

You have a point there, hmm...

Comment

• I was thinking it would be hilarious if this modding team was CAPCOM itself. Acting under the guise of some team. I know that's not the case but that thought is hilarious to me.
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Scientists only wear lab coats and goggles in the lab, in daily life they could wear whatever they like. Anyways, I admit that John/Kendo looks more like a butcher than a scientist, but wait a minute, who sees a scientist wears lab coat and goggles in the police station?
                  ------祸福无门,人自召之。
                  ------People themselves call for camalities and blessings.

Comment

• I couldn't resist slapping this together in photoshop

Click image for larger version

Name:	RE2 Kendo Scientist v2 copy.png
Views:	1
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	401908
                    sigpic

Comment

• We don't know for sure if that's the same John, but something suggests he could be. I mean, you can see Ada in Leon's 1.5 scenario and CAPCOM did mention John in the retail game in Ada's playable segment with Annette. Perhaps a connection between the two characters really exists, but that was never revealed because it could lead to a huge spoiler or whatever other reason.
                      Last edited by Gemini; 11-04-2012, 11:04 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• I have another 1.5 theory.

That platform in the sewer video is low-res, so obviously something happens to it. I think that if the giant alligator/crocodile is in the game, the boss fight may happen in this area of the sewer. The alligator destroys the platform as it chases after Leon/Elza.
                        My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                        ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Except there are zombies in that area. I'm pretty sure 1.5 is like retail 2 where you cant have more than one enemy type in any room?

Comment

• You can have more than one, you can really have as many as VRAM can store at the same time.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                            , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                              ...not any more so than, well, Wesker.
                              Least he had a lab-coat!

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post

Except they said one died in a mansion that blew up and you apparently shot his zombie-self to death yourself in the previous game. The other guy is some fat dude in overalls. John is one of the most common names so it's baffling why people actually look for some connection in it.

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                              We don't know for sure if that's the same John, but something suggests he could be. I mean, you can see Ada in Leon's 1.5 scenario and CAPCOM did mention John in the retail game in Ada's playable segment with Annette. Perhaps a connection between the two characters really exists, but that was never revealed because it could lead to a huge spoiler or whatever other reason.
                              There was no connection between John (1.5) and Ada (1.5/2) at all. The John that Ada refers to in BH2 is John Clemens, the Chicago branch researcher who took over for Birkin as chief scientist at the Arklay Laboratory. He states in his letter to Ada in BH1 that he is infected.

Kamiya's proposed storyline idea (for final BH2, not 1.5) was John Clemens having been able to avoid becoming a Zombie (despite you killing him in BH1) and secretly helping Leon and Claire to make up for his misdeeds. A pretty bad plot nothing came out of.
                              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                                Except there are zombies in that area.
                                When you are up to the fight with the alligator, those zombies wouldn't be there.
                                My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                                ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Working...
                                X