Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that's not very nice, why are you calling me stupid? I've never insulted you, why bring some childish behaivor to the table?

Previously, someone posted something about Mr. X with a mask and a gun that looked like a water shooter. Was there any more info behind that concept art?
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris' Boob View Post
      I'd like to not get in trouble.
      Then don't start an unnecessary argument, we know Kendo, we know what he would probably do or not do, that's his right, and I can assure you he's not the only one who behaves like that, otherwise deals wouldn't be possible. So don't be a dick an jump at him for no reason.

As for Kendo, posting your little quarrel with Gman wasn't a good idea either. You're doing no one a favor. Guys, you really need to stop acting like that, is there a full moon these days or what?

Comment

• Leave it alone guys, calm down. Back to discussing relevant 1.5 things.
        sigpic

Comment

• so, i'll just quote myself:

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
          i don't know if this has been asked before, but was there ever an official statement why the developers changed the german shepherds back to RE 1 style dobermans? think it's way more realistic for police men to have german shephers (albeit some use dobermans as weel, of course).

Comment

• I don't know about the dogs, but im pretty sure mr.x gas mask is RETAIL RE2 CONCEPT ART, NOT 1.5!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
              Leave it alone guys, calm down. Back to discussing relevant 1.5 things.
              seems gman has a quarrel with anonymous of all people too.

and his older brother is "BARRETT BROWN." he was the guy just raided by the fbi in dallas for threats to fbi agent and working with anonymous.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Echelon2.org See the last two videos for context. Send all info on Agent Robert Smith to barriticus@gmail.com so FBI can watch me look up his kids. It's all ...

i wont even be talking about gman anymore. apparently he still secretly works with anonymous and took his older brother's role now that he's in prison. << fuck that.
              Last edited by theillusiveman; 11-05-2012, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• I don't believe it's really known why they decided not to use the German Shephards. Same on why they decided not to use the female zombies again after the second era timeframe.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by theillusiveman View Post
                  gman (...)

Ok. Let's stop discussing this... wonder why someone creates an account just for that.
                  Last edited by Aleff; 11-05-2012, 01:49 PM.
                  Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
                    49 days until Christmas arrive and still counting !
                    Edit: Kegluneq since you're replaying BH3 at the moment, do know how to get that scene where carlos shoots his fellow mercenary to death ?
                    To get that scene, you must escape from Nemesis using the basement in the restaurant. If I'm not mistaken, the same applies in the office building; using the window to escape will also net you that cutscene. Either option won't let you allow to pick Nemesis' item (unless you "manually" defeat him), and you won't receive the Flame Rounds from Carlos. Also, if you wish the scene with Mikhail using the barrels or the grenade (if you already destroyed the barrel) to kill the zombies, then simply return to the cable car after you have 2 items (like the Fuse and the Power Cable).

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                    i don't know if this has been asked before, but was there ever an official statement why the developers changed the german shepherds back to RE 1 style dobermans? think it's way more realistic for police men to have german shephers (albeit some use dobermans as weel, of course).:
                    That is a good question. Like Alzaire said, there's not an official explanation. I've heard rumors (from bioflames.com, if I remember correctly) that the dogs would not attack the player if he wasn't pointing his weapon and/or didn't get close to them, and they would ambush the player in the firing range through the vents (presumably from the kennel). Any merit to these rumors?
                    Last edited by Kegluneq; 11-05-2012, 02:50 PM.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                    BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• Pretty sure those are just rumors. I've never even heard the one about the German Shepherd versions not attacking without being provoked by a weapon.

And yes guys, please leave the Gman stuff alone. We don't need any more drama or discussion regarding it.
                      Last edited by Alzaire; 11-05-2012, 01:56 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• The retail dogs already behave similarily. Try walking into the kennel and just proceed slowly (walking) without your weapon drawn. The dogs will walk towards/around you. If they get close enough, they'll attack, or if they're behind you and you take off (run), they'll start chasing you too.

Regarding why they were scrapped -- it's more or less all hearsay, so let me throw one into the pile: I remember reading that the developers thought that the dogs basically just didn't look very good. They were having trouble with the technology, and rendering fur, without it looking like giant blobs of nothingness, was giving them a huge headache. There might be some merit to this, as apparently, the developers were also having trouble with simple things like Elza's ponytail. Doberman's are sleek, svelte and have short tails, what a coincidence, right? Even retail Claire's ponytail is extremely basic by 3D standards. Carrying this even further, there are no true physics applied to any of the clothing in RE2. Annette's lab coat is stiff as a brick, and the characters all seemed to be designed to be as tight clothed as possible. Remember that Ada was changed from the lab coat, to the tight dress, as well. My guess would be largely to avoid what appear to be glaring limitations in how the team handled dangling clothing and objects. The only exception seem to be Sherry's pendant, and the aforementioned Claire's ponytail.
                        Last edited by doriantoki; 11-05-2012, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• The dogs thing was more than likely just a dev deciding to change the dogs for some off reason, though.

Comment

• Well, I don't think they look so bad after all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	22.gif
Views:	2
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	401912Click image for larger version

Name:	30.gif
Views:	1
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	401913Click image for larger version

Name:	38.gif
Views:	1
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	401914

It's a pity they scrapped them, this would have made 1.5 even more unique in my opinion.

Comment

• I'm confused... a few years, i read in a forum that the 1.5 have 2 types of dogs... the Normal ones like the other releases and some of the K-9 Units, they are more big than the normal ones, but in every pic and video of 1.5 i can not see them... but that's what i can remember, if i'm wrong sorry... it's a relevant comment or not... i remember in other video that the dogs can howl in the Firing Range video... and i'm guessing that in the Factory (When sherry get inside the Ventilation shaft) the dogs are "Sleeping" like the New video of PSM released on 2011 due the 15 Year of Resident Evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by STARSRedfield View Post
                                I'm confused... a few years, i read in a forum that the 1.5 have 2 types of dogs... the Normal ones like the other releases and some of the K-9 Units, they are more big than the normal ones, but in every pic and video of 1.5 i can not see them... but that's what i can remember, if i'm wrong sorry... it's a relevant comment or not... i remember in other video that the dogs can howl in the Firing Range video... and i'm guessing that in the Factory (When sherry get inside the Ventilation shaft) the dogs are "Sleeping" like the New video of PSM released on 2011 due the 15 Year of Resident Evil.
                                I recall reading this on a german magazine about the K9 Unit.
                                Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X