Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aleff View Post
    Is the "I C A N ' T E S C A P E !" thing derived from creative freedom or it was intended to be there? Maybe one or other room with no data got marked out by the team?
    It actually reminds me this mod (skip at 1:18):

The message seems kinda similar, which is what made go and search for that video. Maybe it's some kind of joke on those mods with horrible spacing and writing?
    Last edited by Gemini; 11-05-2012, 04:54 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
      I don't think the fur should be a problem. Capcom used fur for the Zombie Lion in Outbreak File #2 and Eliminators in 0. Plus, it's not like zombies are bald.

That's a fan-made sound effect added to that video. The original footage from Hyper Playstation Re-Mix Vol. 9 (which can be found on bioflames.com or in the forums, if you prefer to download all of the compilation) has a normal sound effect.
      ^This.

I only ever had that version of the clip when I made the All Footage video. I'm pretty sure the sfx and music are from Romero's 1978 Dawn of the Dead.
      I always loved the way this sounds in the clip. I wanted to mod classic Resident Evil titles with these sounds but never got round to doing it. Still sounds awesome no matter how many times I hear it.
      Last edited by braders1986; 11-05-2012, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
        I don't think the fur should be a problem. Capcom used fur for the Zombie Lion in Outbreak File #2 and Eliminators in 0. Plus, it's not like zombies are bald.
        You are comparing different kind of machines, a PSX with a PS2/GameCube, also I think they simulated fur with alpha channel applied to 2D textures, simulate fur is resource intensive.

Comment

• Bah...someone inserted the sound, shame on them. My question about all known voice acting stands though..

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
            Bah...someone inserted the sound, shame on them. My question about all known voice acting stands though..
            No footage other than the Complete Disc footage from BH1 Director's Cut shows voice acting. Don't think there were ever any mentions of voice acting in the build most of Bioflames' footage comes from either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
              It actually reminds me this mod (skip at 1:18):
              The message seems kinda similar, which is what made go and search for that video. Maybe it's some kind of joke on those mods with horrible spacing and writing?
              It could be... however I'm no 1.5 Wizard, maybe someone who knows the publicly available room arrangements could shed a light?
              Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• Regarding the voice acting, it's just as laughable as BH1. I wonder if CAPCOM moved recording studio or switched to a different translator when they scrapped 1.5.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• I thought Paul Haddads opening line sounded great...lol

Comment

• I thought Sherry and elza sounded just fine from what I heard on one of the youtube videos.
                    no voice acting will ever be as bad as deep fear on the sega saturn , deep fear is a great game but the voice acting it's just bad ( fan made bad)

Comment

I thought Paul Haddads opening line sounded great...lol
                      It's not Haddad.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Post release if anyone has some semi professional recording tools and skills we could make lines. Assuming the amazing team releases the tools they are using

Comment

• We don't have confirmation that the voice acting is even legitimately in the game though. Leon's opening line could have been a place holder.

Comment

• Given how the entire footage doesn't have in-game music, I can see them importing directly into the audio track any additional voice samples.
                            Last edited by Gemini; 11-05-2012, 06:35 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                            , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                              It's not Haddad.
                              Are you serious? I remember reading somewhere he got asked and yes, they made him come back and re-read the entire new script meaning yes, he did voice leon in 1.5.
                              Last edited by Darkness; 11-05-2012, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Are you serious? I remember reading somewhere he got asked and yes, they made him come back and re-read the entire new script meaning yes, he did voice leon in 1.5.
                                Agree, i read that too. And here's a part of that interview:

REFANB: Before the final version of Resident Evil 2 was released, there was an earlier version which was different. This version also had Leon and the voice acting seemed to be complete. Was this also done by you and then you were called back, or did you only do the version of Leon we got in the final game?

PAUL: I did do an earlier version of the game. I was then asked back, I believe a few months later to record additional dialogue. I have truly forgotten what changes we made. Fans of the game know so much more than us actors. How you find all these details is amazing to me. I wish I had a manager with those skills!

Here's the link: http://www.residentevilfan.com/artic..._interview.htm
                                Last edited by GrrMew; 11-05-2012, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X