Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
    I think it would be great if Marvin's entire scene with Leon from retail RE2 was recreated with Roy, voices and all.
    Black Roy? Lolololol

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
      Black Roy? Lolololol
      Yep, better than silent Roy XD

Comment

• Yeah, you know that isnt a bad idea either. It's just going to be weird having some stuff voiced and then full text in other places, idk....

Comment

Yeah, you know that isnt a bad idea either. It's just going to be weird having some stuff voiced and then full text in other places, idk....
          I agree.

Comment

Yeah, you know that isnt a bad idea either. It's just going to be weird having some stuff voiced and then full text in other places, idk....
            But surely if there were voices found on the disc you'd want them to be included, even at the risk of *gasp* inconsistency!

Comment

• Yeah of course, just not strange retail bits included.

Comment

• I bet Roy gives Elza his R.P.D body armor!

Comment

I bet Roy gives Elza his R.P.D body armor!
                  Or maybe she gets her armor in the armory :O
                  Last edited by Morellus; 11-06-2012, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morellus View Post
                    Or maybe she gets her armor in the armory :O
                    Spoiler:

---

If this mod is going to feature a bunch of mimes... then can you imagine the potential for both amazing and absolutely hilarious overdubs on YouTube once it's released?

Comment

• I doubt retail Leon's VA did work on 1.5. There's at least two major eras of development on the retail game, the beta 1 era and the beta 2 era. Just watch Martin's Trial Edition videos and you can tell that Leon's voice tracks, while the script is mostly the same, are different recordings of varying sincerity. It's likely by him coming back and doing more work he means him recording voice tracks for both early and final builds of the retail game.

Comment

• You know what really grinds my gears? Capcom switching leons voice actor over and over. The strange thing is Elza and proto-leon both sound similiar to retail
                        Last edited by Darkness; 11-06-2012, 01:38 AM.

Comment

• Capcom doesn't really care about consistency when it comes to RE and it shows.

Comment

• I thought his RE4 and RE6 VAs sound incredibly similar. Didn't even notice they were different actors until someone pointed it out to me after I finished the game.
                            As for the switch of VAs between 1.5 and 2, I think someone once mentioned that the English VAs for RE1 were Japan-based, while those for RE2 retail are based in Canada. If the VAs used in 1.5 are from Japan, it would explain the change in VAs between the two games. Although the VAs are apparently the first thing thrown out the window during reboot cycles, so it's likely they would have hired new people anyway.
                            Last edited by biohazard_star; 11-06-2012, 06:54 AM.
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

• Then again, we the fans can always add in the voices. I know that turns some of you off, but it can be quite effective - provided you find someone who sounds halfway close and doesn't overact. For example, the David Earl Williams (and company) revamping of REO1's "Below Freezing Point," which I reworked for my RETV series. Here's links to both parts. The section you need to hear is in Part 2, starting at 01:40. That's not the REUC cast - those are fandub actors performing in that scene.

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTSC1FJmp40
                              Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGr-xd06wHY
                              (this is the one with the scene I'm talking about)
                              x

Now admittedly the guy who does Sergei screws up his accent in a couple of places, but it's quite a remarkable voice acting job nonetheless - and those are fans. I'd volunteer myself, but I'm afraid I've got too much of a Southern drawl to my voice - unless you want to hear a male Rita, just deeper pitched. We could do something like that for RE15, redubbing the voices with fan talent - heck, we could even do custom prerendered cutscenes if we could find someone with enough talent. Barring that, we could get somebody who's good at maybe Sims 2/3 or The Movies or something like that to make placeholders. Yes, I can hear the groans now from some of you, which is why I said placeholders. I wish I would have had both of those resources available back when RETV was produced. I definitely could have used them.
                              Last edited by RMandel; 11-06-2012, 02:50 AM.
                              Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                              Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Great example Mandel, damn good wesker impression there...see this is what we could do. It would be close to a completed 1.5!

Comment

Working...
                                X