Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PROTOBOY View Post
    XD He makes a kjoke, he said that : AY HAVE ALL RESIDENT EVIL GAMES!! I'M THE MASTER OF RESIDENT EVIL!!!
    I said: - No you don't, if you are you are have Biohazard 1.5.
    YES I'M AM I HAVE RESIDENT EVIL 1.5!!!
    - Really?? If you you are saying so I really should believe??
    He answered: No it's a joke, I don't have,it's impossible also for Japaneses.

So it was a joke
    LOL...
    I'm looking for Resident Evil 3.5 (BioHazard 4 "Progenitor" and "Hallucination"-"Hookman" Version) or scans, articles! Resident Evil 1.5 release info = http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3328

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
      I'm glad you guys enjoyed it! Now you have nearly everything I do...

I also strongly recommend downloading the complete set of Black~Crow's maps, since he's managed to dig up a handful of images that not even I have the original files for (like the second Power Room screenshot). Many of these images might be magazine scans that Black~Crow cropped himself, but I still keep even his oldest maps around for their rich variety of screenshots. I'm sure he'd be generous enough to share anything that my collection might be missing.

Speaking of missing... someone (forgot who) uploaded a double-screenshot of Roy like the one below, but without big markings blocking the frame as you see here. If anyone could post this unscathed image (or PM it to me) I would be quite grateful. The upper screenshot with Elza is more important, since I already have a version of the lower one with a less obtrusive watermark.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7498[/ATTACH]

---

Sorry! I totally agree, I was being careless and not properly relabeling all the assets that I've collected over the years. I had always planned to do it at some point (along with weeding out the duplicates) but just haven't gotten around to it yet since I've been busy with other projects. Ever since I took a C programming class though, I've been trying to use more underscores instead of spaces in my file names.

If you guys want, I can properly relabel and organize it tomorrow to be FAT32-safe (or whatever non-OSX-friendly thing you guys are using... the folders open just fine on my Windows XP Pro partition which uses NTFS)... Almost all of the messy file-names you see are simply those of their unaltered sources.

---

Drats, fooled again! I had this same issue with the bloody Kennel. Why are RE camera angles so warped all the time? I'm really curious to know their secret.
      I did never notice the "POLICE" at the back of Roy instead of "RPD" like Leon...it may be a edited version of the early Leon from the V-Jump Version of 1.5. The Sleeves match up too.
      Just a thought...
      Last edited by Alfred; 11-09-2012, 06:13 AM.
      Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
        Btw, did anyone else notice that the positioning of the corner ceiling light is completely incorrect in these shots?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7497[/ATTACH]

These are, as far as I can tell, intact original backgrounds... so what gives?
        That room is well known for having contrast issues with the masks covering part of the background. It was visible in the PSM footage and it also appeared on another leaked shot from the team. It's a typical issue when you have mdec compressed pictures and other pictures derived from non-artifacted sources. Still it's nothing too trivial to fix: gamma correction should make them more or less invisible, especially on CRT TVs.
        Last edited by Gemini; 11-09-2012, 08:33 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
        , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• I really hope this doesn't reach Capcom's ears, because that video has quite a views. Maybe because of old game fans have problems with RE6, they have decided to let this flow past them.

Comment

• Originally posted by fishboil View Post
            I really hope this doesn't reach Capcom's ears, because that video has quite a views. Maybe because of old game fans have problems with RE6, they have decided to let this flow past them.
            The fanbase of 1.5 is 0,0001% compared to RE6. Majorty of the re players don't even know about 1.5. If capcom would release this, it would be epic lost of money.
            Most players of that era gaming are now crown up, and don't even play. Most younger players don't know about it, their first experience is like something RE4 and on.

And that view count means nothing... Just spreading and perhaps some people of new era watch it and don't feel a thing. If they woulud, they would be all storming into this thread....

The only thing when they would enter scene with legal actions if such game would be sold publically on internet for example.
            Last edited by Marvin; 11-09-2012, 10:02 AM.
            ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
              Holy crap, I think BZork just posted the image from that website, he didn't make that image. It makes sense now.

I guess that in some weeks the whole world will know about it.

Comment

• The fanbase of 1.5 is 0,0001% compared to RE6. Majorty of the re players don't even know about 1.5. If capcom would release this, it would be epic lost of money.
                Most players of that era gaming are now crown up, and don't even play. Most younger players don't know about it, their first experience is like something RE4 and on.

And that view count means nothing... Just spreading and perhaps some people of new era watch it and don't feel a thing. If they woulud, they would be all storming into this thread....

The only thing when they would enter scene with legal actions if such game would be sold publically on internet for example.
                Well, that N64 RE incident (I think it was for RE: Zero for N64) was less known, when someone tried to dump RE: Zero for N64. Capcom used it's full lawyer force on that one.
                Last edited by fishboil; 11-09-2012, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• Enigmatism415, did I miss something or is your file lacking the Factory and Laboratory screenshots?
                  Last edited by Kegluneq; 11-09-2012, 11:35 AM.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                  BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

Well, that N64 RE incident (I think it was for RE: Zero for N64) was less known, when someone tried to dump RE: Zero for N64. Capcom used it's full lawyer force on that one.
                    That's why the team behind this has taken certain precautions. No one public is affiliated with the project and the identities of the person or persons is unknown and will remain unknown. Thus, Capcom can do nothing except attempt to shut down the entire internet. Anyway, Capcom's response is discussed way, way too much and keeps getting brought up over and over and over and over and over again. It honestly sounds like people who ask about this are themselves covertly planning on trying to inform Capcom about everything.

On a different matter, someone over at Bioflames forums alleges that the file size of Gman Willis' Biohazard 1.5 ISO is exactly the same as that of the Biohazard 2 Beta 2 ISO. They provide this link as proof for their assertion. http://mamedev.org/source/hash/psx.xml.html

Is that true? Can anyone verify? What does it mean about Gman Willis' claims? That they are all bunk?

Comment

This "incident" like you call it sounds interesting. May you tell us more about it ?
                      Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• This "incident" like you call it sounds interesting. May you tell us more about it ?
                        I don't remember details, so other persons with much more knowledge can help you. I remember the guy who wanted to dump the game had his equipment confiscated.

Comment

• what kind of list is this?

108 <software name="biohaz2p">
                          109 <!-- Original images (unknown source)
                          110 <rom name="biohazard-2-beta.img" size="690020352" crc="107751a0"/>
                          111 <rom name="biohazard-2-beta.ccd" size="743" crc="7c549fd8"/>
                          112 <rom name="biohazard-2-beta.cue" size="77" crc="afc461e8"/>
                          113 <rom name="biohazard-2-beta.sub" size="28164096" crc="9af638a3"/>
                          114 -->>
                          115 <description>BioHazard 2 (Prototype)</description>
                          116 <year>1998</year>
                          117 <publisher>Capcom</publisher>
                          118 <part name="cdrom" interface="psx_cdrom">
                          119 <diskarea name="cdrom">
                          120 <disk name="biohazard-2-beta" sha1="2b7148b98f05498329e7bf2ced2a9ce44f3d4e9a" />
                          121 </diskarea>
                          122 </part>
                          123 </software>
                          125 <software name="biohaz2pa" cloneof="biohaz2p">
                          126 <!-- Original images (unknown source)
                          127 <rom name="biohazard 2 (beta 2).bin" size="780788736" crc="b7e5b1b9"/>
                          128 <rom name="biohazard 2 (beta 2).cue" size="86" crc="1fd0def1"/>
                          129 -->>
                          130 <description>BioHazard 2 (Prototype, Alt)</description>
                          131 <year>1998</year>
                          132 <publisher>Capcom</publisher>
                          133 <part name="cdrom" interface="psx_cdrom">
                          134 <diskarea name="cdrom">
                          135 <disk name="biohazard 2 (beta 2)" sha1="6297f31f083406884e03a1f52fd9db577e017fd8" />
                          136 </diskarea>
                          137 </part>
                          138 </software>
                          ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

• Looks like the properties of retail 2 beta disc

Comment

• Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
                              Enigmatism415, did I miss something or is your file lacking the Factory and Laboratory screenshots?
                              You must have missed something... There are a bunch of Factory and Laboratory screenshots. However, if you have some in mind that I am missing, then I've missed something... So if anyone knows of any photos that I don't have please alert me

The reason that I organized the file by Chapter > Floor > Room is that it was intended to supplement my interactive maps.

---

Speaking of which, can someone recommend the best method of making such maps? I just wanted to do something simple, whereby the user can click on sections of my map within room boundaries and have relevant screenshots pop up over the cursor. Totally doable right? I got the idea from Black~Crow's maps, which used to be the only widespread interpretations on the market. He made a good point that my maps offer no evidence of legitimate placement whatsoever, but simply populating the map with screenshots like he has done is not spatially economical, as we all know (hence the need for interactivity).

It would be a good 2D precursor to a future 3D map...

---

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                              Still amazed by the fact that no one's done anything like that before.
                              This kind of organization is what I had been hoping the hopelessly stalled "1.5 Section" would integrate. I know that Alzaire and Inflames are busy and missing respectively, but if given the opportunity, I would be honored to contribute something to it with proper peer review.

It's no secret that I am extremely layout-oriented, and thus I think that the organization should logically compartmentalize the different areas. Then, users old and new can tour the game and thus get a solid context for all the screenshots floating around the internet. I doubt I can do it alone though... I was hoping to rally some users in the spirit of making something new and cool for the community rather than just twiddling our thumbs in anticipation. At the very least it might help us pass the time until "Jesus Day."

At the same time, I'm sure many of you are indeed engaged in BH1.5 projects, which I usually find very enriching, especially MartinBiohazard and Seiyak0u's mods on YouTube.
                              Last edited by Enigmatism415; 11-09-2012, 02:17 PM.

Comment

I don't remember details, so other persons with much more knowledge can help you. I remember the guy who wanted to dump the game had his equipment confiscated.
                                There's a whole lot of misinformation going on regarding that incident, but that's perfectly fine for pretty much everyone involved. The less it's talked about the better.

Bottom line, as far as the relevant facts goes is;
                                Someone had access to RE0 N64 and someone's legal team didn't approve.
                                /shutdown -h 0

Comment

Working...
                                X