Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really? I think it's pretty stupid when any medium involving zombies avoids the zombie word like the plague.
    It's a romance movie going out of its way to not use the L-word or something.

Besides...

Everybody loves Kendo ... right?

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
    same with "This is probably a door to the restroom. The door is locked, there must be a key somewhere.." Turned into
    "The door is locked. The plate reads 'Restroom' "

I mean, its obvious you need to find the key, so putting it in is useless - and Elza wouldn't know it was a restroom - having her read it on the door makes more sense.
    Haven't played the "classics" in a while,but doesn't every single door that needs a key in the original go all "THIS DOOR IS LOCKED. THERE'S A MARK OF *KEY REQUIRED TO OPEN THE DOOR* ON THE LOCK/NEXT TO IT/WHATEVER" ?
    Last edited by Carnivol; 11-11-2012, 03:03 PM. Reason: BOSS

Comment

• ^ I side with carn, the text felt like what It would have been if it were finished 1.5, maybe aside from I CANT ESCAPE!!!!!

Comment

• Well, maybe that's just one of my own personal pet peeves. I've always assumed in horror stories that it makes more sense if the monster or supernatural entity or whatever is not already a preconceived pop culture icon that everyone is familiar with. So, in my opinion, in the Resident Evil universe, George Romero does not exist. The first Resident Evil, (to my recollection) referred to them as creatures or monsters, and to me that makes much more sense.

To me, the game should be about atmosphere. The text should be accurate description only and they should not take obvious liberties with the game. For example, saying there is text on a door that clearly has no text on it is just campy. When I play games, its about suspending disbelief and projecting myself onto the player. Any internal dialogue or thoughts should be left to the player. The game shouldn't think for you.
        Last edited by justinlrich1993; 11-11-2012, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• Well, it takes me more "out of the action" when a universe clearly so close to our own (or basically based entirely around our own) for some reason quite literally pretends a common term for something just simply does not exist. Basically, in every single "zombie" medium, it's as if the concept of a Zombie outbreak has been completely unthinkable.

It's like "Imagine a world ... one that's a carbon copy of your own ... except from ONE XTREME DIFFERENCE!!! Cultural retardation has made mankind creatively bankrupt and completely blind and ignorant towards anything involving the concept of posthum activity ..."

Of course, it would explain why 99% of the time the cast in those types of horror movies are such challenged and apathetic morons incapable of survival under even the least threatening conditions possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
            Parasite Eve II has the best "area examine" feature of any game ever. Aya's internal dialogue is entertaining and interesting, rarely bland.
            Parasite eve 1 and 2 are both my most fave games , I always play parasite eve 1 and 2 in december.

Comment

• Originally posted by justinlrich1993 View Post
              To me, the game should be about atmosphere. The text should be accurate description only and they should not take obvious liberties with the game. For example, saying there is text on a door that clearly has no text on it is just campy. When I play games, its about suspending disbelief and projecting myself onto the player. Any internal dialogue or thoughts should be left to the player. The game shouldn't think for you.
              I want detailed flavor text, considering theres no voice acting sadly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                Haven't played the "classics" in a while,but doesn't every single door that needs a key in the original go all "THIS DOOR IS LOCKED. THERE'S A MARK OF *KEY REQUIRED TO OPEN THE DOOR* ON THE LOCK/NEXT TO IT/WHATEVER" ?
                Not always.. this was only really in RE1 and RE2 when the key's were themes (armour key, sword key)

Outbreak and RE3 had the best for this kinda thing..

Either the key had a name that was obvious as to where it went like the 'Power Room Key' in RE2
                On the door in the lab, it states that an electric symbol is on the door, the key also states this.

Or the S.T.A.R.S key in RE3. The door never actually says "There is a stars mark on the lock" blah blah

The door instead reads . "The door to the S.T.A.R.S office. It's locked. (or something similar)
                It therefore is obvious when you check the key and it says "a key for the S.T.A.R.S room"

Surely someone with half a brain can figure where it goes without the game directly stating it.
                It's better this way I think.

Or even things using a crank.

"There is a hexagonal hole here." - the crank itself reads something like "A crank with an hexagonal shaped end."
                You piece 2 and 2 together .. without the game actually saying "I need a crank to use this hole" Well.. durrrr
                "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                  Of course, it would explain why 99% of the time the cast in those types of horror movies are such challenged and apathetic morons incapable of survival under even the least threatening conditions possible.
                  Well, 99% of the people I know are morons, so maybe you're not too far off... haha.

Eh, I don't want to argue about it. It has bothered me in the official R.E. releases as well, so I guess its just one of those things that rubs me the wrong way, but I can live with it.

Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                  I want detailed flavor text, considering theres no voice acting sadly.
                  Yeah, but you can have too much detail and then the game becomes over simplified, everything spelled out for you, and where is the fun in that?
                  Last edited by justinlrich1993; 11-11-2012, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Parasite Eve II has the best "area examine" feature of any game ever. Aya's internal dialogue is entertaining and interesting, rarely bland.
                    Heather would like to have a word with you.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                    BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
                      Heather would like to have a word with you.
                      Heather's are pretty standard with a few exceptions. Aya's event dialogue script is extremely long, and doesn't just have the one sentence per examine. You can examine a single mirror and get more dialogue than you'd get in any Resident Evil cutscene-- and more interesting to boot.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Messaged the guy via Youtube about ''possibly'' helping him with this very issue on ingame examine text.
                        I as much as anybody else want this project to continue and not be cancelled .. I made that very clear to him - didn't want to sound criticising and upset the dude.
                        As he is Spanish, the English speech is a little off - I mearly offered assistance if he needed any.
                        Shall have to wait and see.
                        Being such a Resi geek, especially of the classic games - I felt maybe it would do the guy some good to make it sound more ''official'' and less 'fan-boy ish"
                        I didn't say that word for word but I hope he understands what we all feel.
                        "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Comment

Heather's are pretty standard with a few exceptions. Aya's event dialogue script is extremely long, and doesn't just have the one sentence per examine. You can examine a single mirror and get more dialogue than you'd get in any Resident Evil cutscene-- and more interesting to boot.
                            Heather strikes me as the most realistic, which feels quite appropriate given the atmosphere of Silent Hill.

But I feel you. Aya's inner monologues are some of the most superbly crafted in a survival horror game. Speaking of Parasite Eve II, how many of its team members came from BioHazard? I recall reading a few years ago that some of them went to work with SquareSoft.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                            BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• I know this is not the right thread, but you guys gotta to take a look at this Chinese sick mother$$#@@ !
                              CHINESE ZOMBIE ATTACK ON SUBWAY - Warning Graphic Content !
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y90l...has_verified=1
                              Last edited by Guest; 11-11-2012, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                                Messaged the guy via Youtube about ''possibly'' helping him with this very issue on ingame examine text.
                                I as much as anybody else want this project to continue and not be cancelled .. I made that very clear to him - didn't want to sound criticising and upset the dude.
                                As he is Spanish, the English speech is a little off - I mearly offered assistance if he needed any.
                                Shall have to wait and see.
                                Being such a Resi geek, especially of the classic games - I felt maybe it would do the guy some good to make it sound more ''official'' and less 'fan-boy ish"
                                I didn't say that word for word but I hope he understands what we all feel.
                                I did the same with BZork an he said they might contact me if they need proofreading when the release is near. I offered my help as I don't think anyone on their team speaks English naively. I could be wrong though.

Also have somewhat oddly worded lines are fine with me. It reminds me that the game was made by a Japanese studio.
                                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
                                X