Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
    It existed, whether its out in the wild is another totally different story. Those videos with claire running around with the 1.5 mp5 SMG are the main clue, beta1 probably had leon and claire on 1 disc still at that stage

EXACTLY, this is the version that I'm looking for, in the videos Claire uses this weapon, also I remember of a video that Claire encounters the hybrid spider on the laboratory.

Comment

• No one knows if the mish mashed hybrid beta of 1.5 and 2 aka beta 1 or beta 0.5 is out in the wild, so getting it seems as bleak as anything I could think of.

Comment

• Have the possibility that have some promo versions of RE2 that have the 1.5 machine gun and the hybrid spider?

Comment

• No. If they are out there they are locked up tight or in a collector's hands and no evidence of them is even really floating around.

Comment

• You have to remember that the tags "Beta 1" and "Beta 2" are simply eras, ways of identifying major changes. There could be a dozen builds in a single day if they were changing things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borman View Post
              There could be a dozen builds in a single day if they were changing things.
              Nope, they wouldn't compile and make dozens of builds each time they were changing something, it's useless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                Nope, they wouldn't compile and make dozens of builds each time they were changing something, it's useless.
                There "could" be. it is actually far more common today with the processing power we have, having seen proof of it myself, but the point stands that there could be one build this day, two the next. Things do need to be tested. That said, they won't obviously change everything, like rerendering backgrounds every day, but things can change a lot day to day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                  Ever worked on a retail production?

I've been on projects where we've had our own mastering lab churning out internally compiled builds roughly every other hour, whilst studio has been uploading their own fresh builds to our server for mastering whenever they've done updates that aren't automatically reflected on our end, whilst we've also have had FedEx deliver stable and milestone builds along with dailies incase the network fails or something on our end cocks things up unexpectadly. Often we'd do like 4~16 copies of each too.

Not to mention one of the projects I'm on now, where we no longer even utilize a traditional build system ... as we more or less update the assets ourselves and more or less cook our own whenever we need or want a new build with the latest assets (or want to test older assets and do rollbacks).

Back in ye olde days, we'd mostly just do FedEx shipments of dailies and usually a mid-day priority handcarry/express delivery during the final crunch days.

Internally ... "builds" are pretty much always a dime a dozen ;D
                  Last edited by Carnivol; 11-14-2012, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• I doubt thats how it was done back in 1997.

Comment

• Originally posted by RMandel View Post
                      Essentially an early version of the RE2 RPD grafted onto the back half of RE15.
                      What do you mean by this, exactly?

Originally posted by RMandel View Post
                      The RE15 levels were excised from both versions of the Trial
                      Which backgrounds does the PC port have that the PSX version does not? I only downloaded the backgrounds from the PSX version of the Trial. Am I missing anything?
                      Last edited by Enigmatism415; 11-14-2012, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• Some people tend to get confused with that trailer showing Beta 2 mixed in with 1.5 footage...
                        Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkside05 View Post
                          Some people tend to get confused with that trailer showing Beta 2 mixed in with 1.5 footage...
                          Exactly. There's no mixed 1.5/2 build or anything. It was simply mixed footage.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                            I doubt thats how it was done back in 1997.
                            You usually didn't have a lot of external/outsourced material, so most stuff was done in-house back then. You also had less "business" driven dev houses ... which means you can basically just axe the concept of crunch time (as every day would be crunch) + you can usually drop the FedEx-shipping of dailies and cut it to milestones for any external places in need of somehow seeing it (publishers you're pitching a title to, media, pubs handling translations, etc.)

Comment

• Originally posted by RMandel View Post
                              Beta 1 - look at the original PlayStation version of the RE2 Trial. There's also some videos of early trailers on line. Essentially an early version of the RE2 RPD grafted onto the back half of RE15. Transition from RE15 to RE2 is very much in flux at this point; lots of RE15 code and concepts still in Beta 1. How much ... nobody really knows, save from what's in the videos, the Trial, and a few other surviving stills and clips. Common belief is that this "beta" - if it ever really was one, in the true sense - was hacked together for the trade shows, then served as the basis for the Trial. Even the ported PC version of the Trial has significant differences from RE2 retail hidden under the lid, if you look hard enough. The RE15 levels were excised from both versions of the Trial; however, there are a few interesting leftovers - lots of later stage backgrounds, and even a few isolated rooms. Both the PSM and PC versions of the Trial are available online - it's probably as close as we'll ever get to beta 1 barring a miracle.

Beta 2 - available online

Beta 3 - availalble online
                              I never heard of beta 3 before, is there any major difference than beta 2 ? and where do i find it ?

Comment

• Only Beta 2 is available online. I think Beta 3 is the name given to the Claire disk which has more debugging functions available. It's apparently a later build than Beta 2. A few pictures of it are still up on IGN, but the disk itself hasn't been leaked and isn't up for download anywhere.
                                Seibu teh geimu?
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X