Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They clearly wanted sequels of course. 1.5 would have made it impossible with its air-tight script!
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
      Completely incorrect. Baseless assumption.
      So where's your proof that RE 1.5 isn't a good game? Oh, that's right, it's a baseless assumption since you've never played the game. You can however go back to playing Resident Evil 6, which you can make whatever assumptions or judgments about. It'd make more sense than having you stick around here being retarded.

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
      I'd love to see the "politics" behind that decision.
      "I've got more influence than you! Watch as I pointlessly add 8 more months to your development schedule, get you to hire new staff if needed, and prohibit everyone from using most of the current assets! HAH! That should teach you not to question my influence!"
      *twirls mustache*
      Because that's the ONLY scenario that could've happened. There's nothing we don't know about behind the decision or the people involved at the time period. Nope, we got all the intel, back in '97 there was no such thing as company politics. Composer Yasunori Mitsuda doesn't know what he's talking about when he said "there are a lot of politics involved" in creating a new Chrono game which is preventing it from being done. Because you know better, you know there are no politics in the video game development business.
      Last edited by Josh-san; 11-16-2012, 05:33 AM.

Comment

• Not completely incorrect, and not a baseless assumption. I happen to have a semi-professional music background, not to mention a natural ear for music, and I can tell when something's been cut off. "Sound of Prototype" as it now stands in the common RE15 background music archive that I have is missing the intro that you hear in the Halloween Teaser. Of course, I downloaded that archive when it first came out, so I'll grant you that somebody might have fixed it by now - but most everybody still seems to be using the clipped version. If you want, I'll post it the way it should sound, intro and all. The clipped version I have runs 1:18; the version with restored intro runs 1:28.

"Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated."
        - Nomad, from STAR TREK TOS "The Changeling"

On another more positive note, here's some more presents (RE15 background sets) for the rest of you.

RPD Armory

RPD Firing Range

RPD Parking Garage (revised)

RPD Back Roof and the Burning Van Puzzle
        Last edited by RMandel; 11-16-2012, 07:23 AM.
        Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
        Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh-san View Post
          So where's your proof that RE 1.5 isn't a good game? Oh, that's right, it's a baseless assumption since you've never played the game. You can however go back to playing Resident Evil 6, which you can make whatever assumptions or judgments about. It'd make more sense than having you stick around here being retarded.
          Well it was stated many times in interviews that the game was canned because the team thought it was to much like RE1 and the game wasn't very good.... Though i'm sure 99 percent of us are going to love it.

Comment

Because that's the ONLY scenario that could've happened. There's nothing we don't know about behind the decision or the people involved at the time period. Nope, we got all the intel, back in '97 there was no such thing as company politics. Composer Yasunori Mitsuda doesn't know what he's talking about when he said "there are a lot of politics involved" in creating a new Chrono game which is preventing it from being done. Because you know better, you know there are no politics in the video game development business.
            Well, not exactly baseless when every single person who worked on the game thought it was either bad, felt like an imitation, or simply offered no notable improvement in quality over the previous game. There were no politics involved. The creators didn't like it and thought gamers wouldn't like it either. That's a good enough reason to start over. Kamiya, who directed and wrote the fucking thing, openly calls it a piece of shit with a hellish development and has the balls to say that his lack of ability at the time was likely the cause. You can cling to denial and unsubstantiated reasoning all you want, it won't change a thing. It's the same as when people complain about how "awesome" the scrapped Hallucination version of BH4 was even though it was a handful of rooms and broke the GameCube. That's the thing with scrapped versions. People rely 20% on what they have seen of it, and the rest is fantasy.

The fact you're taking offense to all that to the point where you have to call someone retarded is a pretty big highlight on how utterly unreasonable some people are when it comes to things mostly in their head.
            Last edited by News Bot; 11-16-2012, 07:53 AM.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              Well, not exactly baseless when every single person who worked on the game thought it was either bad, felt like an imitation, or simply offered no notable improvement in quality over the previous game. There were no politics involved. The creators didn't like it and thought gamers wouldn't like it either. That's a good enough reason to start over. Kamiya, who directed and wrote the fucking thing, openly calls it a piece of shit with a hellish development and has the balls to say that his lack of ability at the time was likely the cause. You can cling to denial and unsubstantiated reasoning all you want, it won't change a thing. It's the same as when people complain about how "awesome" the scrapped Hallucination version of BH4 was even though it was a handful of rooms and broke the GameCube. That's the thing with scrapped versions. People rely 20% on what they have seen of it, and the rest is fantasy.

The fact you're taking offense to all that to the point where you have to call someone retarded is a pretty big highlight on how utterly unreasonable some people are when it comes to things mostly in their head.
              Even though you are right with every single thing you have said, i know i'm going to love 1.5 and probably play the thing 20 times over. I need real old style survival horror and the fact we are getting an old style resident evil game, regardless how little of the game is there, is amazing.

Comment

I'd say the "proof" of RE1.5 not being "very good" is all over the place. First of all, you have pretty much every single dev who had a design/decision making role on the game claiming it wasn't up to standards, second of all ... you've got all the footage out there, and, seriously, if you do a little bit of technical analyzis of all that footage ... man ... there are so many issues with the design of things that it's not even funny and it's a mystery that it went on for so long and they didn't scrap things sooner

The very friggin starting locations of both characters have major design issues, for christ's sake

Originally posted by Josh-san View Post
                HELLO, CAPTAIN BUTTHURT!

You might want to backtrack a little on what I'm quoting and what News Bot quoted before ;D (As for the "issues" with a new Chrono game; depending on what people define as a Chrono game, you've got the whole mess of that pretty muche anyone who matters and should have anything to say in a Chrono game just doesn't work for S-E anymore and all have their own things to kill time with. Good luck reuniting the Dream Team.)

Comment

• Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
                  Even though you are right with every single thing you have said, i know i'm going to love 1.5 and probably play the thing 20 times over. I need real old style survival horror and the fact we are getting an old style resident evil game, regardless how little of the game is there, is amazing.
                  by the way, i think, 1.5, if it were released in that age, it would make so much sucess as our RE2 version. imagine 1.5's bugs fixed, some graphical improvement and CGs. it would be great.

see RE3, a short game, small places lacking development, zombies with 1.5 looking, made very sucess. maybe it was because of nemesis.

but if i was a critic, obviously RE2 is better. 2 discs with side story, very good graphics, strong plot...

Comment

• Lets go Christmas, your taking FOREVER!
                    sigpic
                    See No Evil

Comment

• Oh my, I started an argument. I was merely guessing, because I look around at 1.5's features and rooms getting recycled into later capcom titles and think to myself, so 1.5 ends up being a parts car? And it angers me. But the zapping system was terribad, you can't argue against that. It made little to no sense and defied the laws of...a zombie apocalypse.

Comment

• Originally posted by DyceGamez View Post
                        Lets go Christmas, your taking FOREVER!
                        actually, i can wait. im waiting for a refund from Samsung for a Home theater 2 months with their support.

Comment

• I know I should hate this guy, but I only find this absolutely funny. I think this happens when someone farts with his mouth. Watch until the end.

Last edited by fishboil; 11-16-2012, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Oh shit! He really did it! He loco!

Comment

• LOL....

Comment

• There was a time were companies like capcom actually listens to their fans opinions and criticism, but that was long gone, he needs to stop living in the past...
                                Last edited by Guest; 11-16-2012, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X