Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no mr.x in 1.5, He's totally retail. The hell is a chimaera? And yes, 40% build has grenades, its in curator's video he used to tease us

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
      The hell is a chimaera?
      You mean you never encountered these little c***s in Resident Evil?

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
        Besides, gameplay footage was much more interesting than a bunch of nitpicky little things like map screens. If I had access to media coverage of some game I really wanted to see, you can bet your ass off that the maps and menus would've been the last thing I'd care to ask for pictures of too
        More interesting, perhaps, but without a map they have very little context. Perhaps he underestimated the depth of public curiosity; I certainly doubt that he could have foreseen full-fledged reconstruction efforts by fans.

Originally posted by warren View Post
        i wonder why inflames source never bothered to make map photos, his build surely had them
        Only Kim really knows, and now he has seemingly vanished too. It's always possible that he specifically kept any map screenshots to himself so that he could validate potential claimers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
          You mean you never encountered these little c***s in Resident Evil?
          wow, I really don't remember those. Strange..

Comment

• They're more prominent in the power room area. I remember avoiding that corner where he got trapped in the video when running from the lab. And the only reason to go back would be to save Chris/Jill, so some players might not even encounter them in that hall.

Comment

• Well, we know "The Team"™ Can hack event text....makes me think they can edit/create event code....which means roy and the zombie cop that raises in elza's scenario might be included?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                Well, we know "The Team"â„¢ Can hack event text....makes me think they can edit/create event code....which means roy and the zombie cop that raises in elza's scenario might be included?
                Script isn't a hard concept. The hard part is decryption of data and understanding the programming language (of course there's a lot more to it than that). If someone is capable of that then creating their own scenes shouldn't be too difficult, it's essentially just a list of commands like "display cinematic boarders, play sound file, display text, execute animation, open inventory screen" etc. If they understand all the different system commands the game offers and have created their own event editor they could be capable of constructing a very detailed experience for people to play.

Comment

• Thanks, DXP, on the backgrounds. I'm no pro like he is.

I'm not sure about that second window, now that I'm awake. I thought maybe the screen glare was masking it. That thing on the wall behind the first window might have been the Fire Extinguisher, for all I know. It just kinda looked like a window edge at the time, and I was rather sleepy. Oh, well. Too late - it's out there, now (haw-haw-haw).
                  Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                  Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Here is the requested 2nd floor lift hallway:

Last angle is speculative, that wooden thing we see in that one angle with Elza i've removed until we know exactly what it is(hopefully we will get to see what it is) so in place to keep with the modern design and because its a police precinct is a can machine, was the first thing that came into mine and Darkside05's head (chatter with people for opinions on things if the images are too blurry for alternatives.) anyway chances are these won't be final since I like going back and changing things but for now these should be useful for having something to look at and for Martin's mod since i'll pass these on as well. Textures btw are roughly based on what images we have for the 2nd floor although I can't obviously make assumptions on how light/dark a texture is.
                    Last edited by DXP; 11-19-2012, 04:30 AM.

Comment

• Great renders drx. I just love this modern,clean look

Comment

• Originally posted by warren View Post
                        Great renders drx. I just love this modern,clean look
                        for sure, im sure those renders made by DXP dude looks very near to RE1,2,3 uncompressed renders.

am i crazy or there is some ambient occlusion in there?

Comment

• Originally posted by DXP View Post
                          You are not forgetting something?

Comment

• no glasses on windows?
                            ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

• Good job, mate.
                              However things you can do to improve it in like two minutes:

1.) Bevel some of those sharp corners especially on the walls. Someone might get hurt otherwise.
                              2.) Turn the sample rate up. AO (or shadow) looks like it´s spray painted in some areas ( under the window for example).
                              3.) I know the original was not really detailled per se , but maybe use more than 3 tileable textures for a complete room. You also got some heavy texture stretching on the dark wall panels going on. Displace or at least normal map the ground.
                              (4.) If use want more stylized glow and IES lights like in REmake, better do it in PS happily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvin View Post
                                no glasses on windows?
                                Its too darkness to see anything outside > classic RE black window.

Comment

Working...
                                X