Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The early leon civvy clothes build had the sewers and the man spider. So we know some of the sewers is on the disc, but the alligator and water pressure puzzle is another matter...if maybe just maybe at least some of the 'gator's AI is on the disc they can make it.
    Also I can't wait to hear the red lab in more than just a crappy zapping room.
    hopefully they use the retail 2 escape alarm track so its not an umbrella operator telling us to disconnect the number and try again
    Last edited by Darkness; 12-04-2012, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• DJ/roy is playable, that's all you people should realize. This means they can do ANYTHING THEY WANT. Let it all play out how it's gonna play out... I'll bet you we get a fully complete game.

Comment

• Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
        DJ/roy is playable, that's all you people should realize. This means they can do ANYTHING THEY WANT.
        I don't quite see the connection between a potentially playable character and being able to do "anything they want"
        Either way, at this point ... I guess we can expect the unexpected

Comment

• Technically they would just load up leon scenario and swap roy's model with leon with their tools for that picture. But they are DEFINITELY talented. But I don't think they could create the baby alligators and the big boss one from scratch... Y'know without a semi-functional AI
          And I don't have the slightest clue about the water pressure puzzle, we have footage of the water rushing but that's about it.
          Last edited by Darkness; 12-04-2012, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
            But they are DEFINITELY talented.
            No one said they weren't. Since the first pictures we knew they were able to do things no one else could until now.

Comment

• Of course...I guess I'm just wondering if they will be able to make it accurate enough with such an early build. It all depends on if they can create things a little more complex than player models and event text.
              Last edited by Darkness; 12-04-2012, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• I've got a feeling that they're ahead of schedule... and I think they WILL release on christmas. Look at how much they've done... and all those teasers.

Emphasis on "I think".
                Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                  It all depends on if they can create things a little more complex than player models and event text.
                  Considering all the stuff showing up in the intrusive Leon shot in advent #1, I would assume the answer is M.Bison "Yessss!".
                  Last edited by Gemini; 12-04-2012, 07:10 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                  , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                    Considering all the stuff showing up in the intrusive Leon shot in advent #1, I would assume the answer is M.Bison "Yessss!".
                    You should be able to answer this question, is there any significant hurdle they've overcome which allows them to do things beyond what we've already seen? For instance would being able to break encryption essentially allow them to do anything they wanted? Given the talent, patience and TLC surely this could end up just as good as any official product for that time period?

I mean what we've already seen is amazing, and from what I've learned game script isn't all that complicated once you understand it, even as a complete noob to programming and game hacking I feel like I understand how the game is built and how it works. I really feel for a group of people who have broke it wide open there's enough ground work there already by Capcom for them to create a convincing product that would rival that of (1997) Capcom them selves.
                    Last edited by Guest; 12-04-2012, 07:28 PM.

Comment

• The hardest thing would be AI and such. If theres no AI implemented for the baby gators or the big one I don't have any clue how making it would go. Maybe they do? Things like new weapons they can probably easily do. Voice acting? we can make 1997 capcom quality from a home pc with a decent mic. FMV's are doable these days too. The toughest would be hard coding and AI implementation, we don't know if the 40% build has spiders, birkin 2 or 3 or 4 or the baby gators/ gator boss.
                      Last edited by Darkness; 12-04-2012, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• I'm not sure I understand your meaning of "encryption", but assuming you meant file formats and how they work the answer is "maybe". My experience with PlayStation hacking taught me one very important lesson: each game is a beast in its very own way. Still, given the code CAPCOM writes in most of their productions, I can safely assume working with a Bio engine is generally a much easier task than, say, taking a Konami game and reprogramming it to taste like jelly beans (I've done that with the Japanese version of Symphony of the Night, and boy if the code in there sucked big dinosaur balls). In other words, if they were able to come this far, while probably fixing bugs and adding features that were never there (or never implemented as intended, check out the reworked title screen in the Halloween teaser for more evidence), then rivaling with CAPCOM's level of productions shouldn't be out of their reach.
                        Last edited by Gemini; 12-04-2012, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• See the biggest thing will probably be event triggers and flags. We have footage of birkin 3(maybe?) stabbing the man-spider hybrid and it finally dying. This would be after it follows around leon/elza in the labs bursting through the floors and being an overall nuisance. Also when birkin 3/4 whichever you wanna call it jumps down from the roof/ceiling and attacks leon in the area in 1.5 that looks like the power shaft from retail. During that scene Leon hears the noise and looks around up at the ceiling/roof just like leon/claire A when birkin bursts through the tile. (I think this is complete disc footage?) Except when hes really far gone in 1.5 he's still calling out for sherry.
                          Last edited by Darkness; 12-04-2012, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aleff View Post
                            I've got a feeling that they're ahead of schedule... and I think they WILL release on christmas. Look at how much they've done... and all those teasers.

Emphasis on "I think".
                            I think they are in the "crunch" phase now. As rapdi as these updates are coming, I think the game will be released on XMas. I see the release of these advents as being little previews building up to the release, being December 24th.
                            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Or they are simply in a "xmas gift frenzy" mode of sorts, which wouldn't exactly imply an imminent release or anything even closely related. Still, we're only at #1 of the advent series, meaning we're not even sure there will be a new footage posted every Sunday. Only time will tell for sure.
                              Last edited by Gemini; 12-04-2012, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Either way still the best time to be a classic re fan ever in history.

Comment

Working...
                                X