Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup, but you mixed things up. The PSM footage is the one to have the incorrect aspect ratio (which I suppose is caused by whatever instruments they've used to record it, more than likely not emulator) causing the shadows to appear differently than they were intended.
    Last edited by Gemini; 12-07-2012, 09:07 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Well I could have said the PSM footage was squashed slightly, but someone had to be a bit nit-picky
      I was simply making the point that the footage was slightly different, I never said that one was more correct over the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilMarshy View Post
        but someone had to be a bit nit-picky
        Or someone had to be imprecise for no good reason.
        Just kidding.

Comment

• Aye Aye lol, won't happen again sir. Oh I do agree that it's probably not emulator difference causing the slight variations that we see, because c'mon what do people use, epsxe or Psx emulator. Though then again epsxe has a lot of different plugin configurations so then again it could be.

Comment

• Not to mention an emulator would give you a way more crisp image quality, whereas the PSM footage seems to suffer from artifacts quite common when grabbing the signal from an external source such as a TV.

Comment

• whoever recorded curators footage, could very well have done it from a tv...

Comment

• I don't think any ADT masks are visible in the PSM footage, which is what commonly happens if you run the old PSX RE games on an emulator. I could be wrong though, since I just gave the video a quick scan.
                Seibu teh geimu?
                ---

Comment

• they are using retail shadows, check for yourself if these do not help...

and in the first pic evilmarshy posted, she is facing left, wouldn't the shadow be tall then?

Comment

• Erm, RE1 and RE2 use exactly the same shadow and blood pool effect, identical to the last bit (the only difference is the slight difference in the palette, being the shadow part of the player textures and shared with other entities). So no, they aren't using a different shadow picture, which is more than likely to have remained exactly the same since 1995.
                    Last edited by Gemini; 12-07-2012, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• shadows in 1.5 are round, the team and retail are oval. retail also has a lighter area around the darker part of the shadow. their shadows have this effect but it is much thinner. hard to tell if 1.5 had this.

you can use your eyeballs to verify what i am saying.
                      Last edited by J0shuaKane; 12-07-2012, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• First of all, the shadows can change shape as the player or an entity moves, stretching in whatever direction is desired. Also, oval in vanilla 1.5:

You seem to be forgetting stuff about these engines or something.
                        Last edited by Gemini; 12-07-2012, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• the hell? did they remove leon's gloves by the inflames build?
                          Also, Antiscam shadows
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	antielza.png
Views:	1
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	402032Click image for larger version

Name:	antielza1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	258.4 KB
ID:	402033
                          Last edited by Darkness; 12-07-2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• i think you forgot inflames pics are off a traditional warped screen TV. nothing is presented correctly.

i played around with shadows alot getting kids in the game, they have never changed shape for me.

Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                            the hell? did they remove leon's gloves by the inflames build?
                            Also, Antiscam shadows
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]7621[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7622[/ATTACH]
                            changing the shadows hints they are porting the game over to RE2, or just filming parts of the video that way...? i give up, im lost, i only know what i see.
                            Last edited by J0shuaKane; 12-07-2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Dude, for Christ's sake, the dog's shadow is as oval as a freaking egg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                                Dude, for Christ's sake, the dog's shadow is as oval as a freaking egg.
                                while leons is not. dog shadows are different even in retail.

Comment

Working...
                                X