Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's clear of day it's not the 80% build, you can see for yourself with the custom renders already in, thus meaning bits of the RPD weren't finished yet.
    Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkside05 View Post
      It's clear of day it's not the 80% build, you can see for yourself with the custom renders already in, thus meaning bits of the RPD weren't finished yet.
      Yes, but seemingly essential sections of the RPD were probably incomplete in the 80% build too ;-)

Comment

• It's my impression that there were multiple rendering teams working side by side each designated to work on a particular stage thought the game, RPD, Factory and Labs for example, this is why there are short and incomplete sections in early builds and why many incomplete sections of the game still remain in later builds.

Comment

• Seeing as how we never got media (official/unofficial) of the key areas on the second floor, I'm inclined to believe that they are either missing entirely, very early in development, or are complete but have yet to be implemented in the bioflames build. In a way, if these rooms were indeed never built, I guess it's a good thing since the team would be free in designing these rooms however they please, in "1.5-style".
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

• I think it seems more likely that the development team just hadn't finalized the layout exactly or how the missing rooms would look or function. It seems more likely that they were just having particular problems or issues with the RPD for whatever reason. I don't think it's a coincidence that it's the area that's basically completely different look wise between 1.5 and retail 2.
            Last edited by doriantoki; 12-07-2012, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• Maybe they decided it was too awesome looking or too realistic or too much what a police station would actually look like and decided to make it retail 2 rpd
              trolololo

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                It's my impression that there were multiple rendering teams working side by side each designated to work on a particular stage thought the game, RPD, Factory and Labs for example, this is why there are short and incomplete sections in early builds and why many incomplete sections of the game still remain in later builds.
                This actually makes a lot of sense... an analogy might be downloading the four chapters as separate files, rather than downloading the entire game as one file, and then having your internet connection fail suddenly. The results would be almost-complete versions of each part, rather than competed versions of the first three parts and very little of the forth. It's a kind of "parallel vs serial" developmental distinction, or perhaps "modular vs linear" would be more accurate.

Speaking of which... Hey team! How about releasing the four chapters of the game sequentially? ;-)

---

PS, I've noticed that users who have Elza as their avatar are quite easy to get along with.

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                  I think it seems more likely that the development team just hadn't finalized the layout exactly or how the missing rooms would look or function.
                  They probably had almost the entire layout of all four chapters figured out earlier than you think. Of course, I mean on paper and not actually coded. Just like animating a movie, it's a good idea to storyboard everything before actually working on renders. I'm not saying that all of the specifics of the layout were worked out ahead of time, obviously, but the general shapes and paths were probably mostly decided ahead of time.

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                  It seems more likely that they were just having particular problems or issues with the RPD for whatever reason. I don't think it's a coincidence that it's the area that's basically completely different look wise between 1.5 and retail 2.
                  As I had said earlier, the East Corridor and the West Stairwell in the RPD seemed to be giving the developers trouble up until the end. This makes sense because both of these areas are crucial for how the RPD journey plays out, and they may not have been completely satisfied with the sequence of events yet.

Comment

• The East corridor is the one in the teaser with the SIG-SAUER right?
                    I like how no one would have known it was custom if not for the claire easter egg they did ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                      The East corridor is the one in the teaser with the SIG-SAUER right?
                      I wish I could make this post longer and more meaningful, but, yes. Also, the bathroom was a good indicator.

Comment

• So you don't think 1.5 RPD had a bathroom?
                        I noticed some rooms in the PSM build don't have footstep audio. Just another thing for the team to fix. Thank goodness the 1.5 shotgun sound is retail sound so they can use retail which includes the pumping sound.
                        Last edited by Darkness; 12-07-2012, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                          So you don't think 1.5 RPD had a bathroom?
                          Although there is technically space for it on the legitimate RPD 1F map, there is neither a door marking nor a specific boundary carved out for a single bathroom (unless it was a freakin' huge single bathroom).

Comment

• Perhaps the "bathroom" will turn out to be their version of a changing room where you need a special key to get in to change into alternate costumes.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                              Perhaps the "bathroom" will turn out to be their version of a changing room where you need a special key to get in to change into alternate costumes.
                              :O

Claire elza and alpha leon costumes maybe? rofl

Comment

• Does anyone know anything more about the blood stains on Leon and Elza's clothing? Is that the equivalent of the limping system for showing damage as in retail or is it more like the way leon gains a bandage and claire loses her jacket?

Comment

Working...
                                X