Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've found a interesting RE2 Commercial.

There's someone saying: "Backup! I need Backup! There's something really wrong here, these things aren't dying. I..just blasted this thing, and it's still alive!"

Is it just me or does he really, sound like Leon on the Complete Disc Video? I can listen out a strange resemblance.
    Last edited by Alfred; 12-14-2012, 09:15 PM.
    Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• Hey, now you're on to something. He does sound a lot like that Leon! I wonder if this in fact some 1.5 dialog that got scrapped.

My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Ehh...could be the same guy. Can't really make the connection. Not scrapped dialogue, meh...might be the same guy though.

Comment

• I never meant to say it was scrapped from retail, but from the scrapped game. Bad wording there, but to me he does sound similar.
          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
            All four scenarios are canon.
            Certainly. But Claire A and Leon B is the skeleton of BioHazard 2. Few narrative elements were mixed in from Leon A and Claire B.
            Last edited by Kegluneq; 12-14-2012, 11:23 PM.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
            BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• The devs intended claire a leon b to be the primary, canon scenario. After all 1.5 was fresh in their minds.

Comment

• It's strange, because at the time of the Trial Edition and I assume beta 1, Leon was on the A scenario and Claire was on the B scenario. Every piece of footage from this point in development shows this to be the case, many underlying aspects of the Trial Edition its self suggest it. It's possible Claire A/Leon B ended up canon but I don't think it was intended, it certainly wasn't from the beginning.
                Last edited by Guest; 12-15-2012, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• An observation, from my RETV production notes ....

"Just to let you know, we mixed and matched all four possible plot paths in order to cull the best scenes from both. Thus the story arc starts with Leon A/Claire B, but includes scenes from and switches to Claire A/Leon B at times. By the end, it will have switched completely over to the latter. Claire A/Leon B produces the harder game (and the more interesting cut scenes) when RE2 is played in this order; however, we had to start with Leon A/Claire B in order to stay somewhat in sync with other RE video sources, such as Wesker's Report. BTW, in the opinion of many RE fans, Claire A/Leon B is not only the harder game but also the more consistent storywise."

I remember that issue giving us fits throughout production. I've always preferred Claire A/Leon B myself, but all the official sources available to us at the time we produced RETV (the games, documentation, Wesker's Report, et al) seemed to indicated Leon A/Claire B was the so-called "canon" path. Then there's REDC - but that's another can of worms entirely, and we wound up pretty much having to ignore its interpretation of events, just like you now have to do with ORC.

Hope that helps ....
                  Last edited by RMandel; 12-15-2012, 03:08 AM.
                  Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                  Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• I think Claire A Leon B was always intended because of the Sherry getting infected thing.

Comment

• The Wesker's Report video is not canon. Going beyond the fact that the video shows completely the wrong scenes sometimes, the script is out-dated and was replaced.

The developers never intended Claire A/Leon B to be the canon path, and no, 1.5 had nothing to do with it. The Zapping System in that game was completely different to the Zapping System of BH2. It was up to subsequent writers to decide on whatever specific events they wanted to happen (Sherry's infection, how Ada dies, etc). Aside from that, the game's canon path is a blend of all four scenarios and it's largely left up to player interpretation aside from the events dictated in subsequent material.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• was there any Hard normal or easy mode in 1.5 ?

Comment

• Pretty sure from what is known, no.

Comment

• Originally posted by jomino View Post
                            Hey guys, new here and I really love this site, I come here almost every night now for all my information!
                            That being said, I just wanted to bring up these fantastic commercials done by George A. Romero that I remember seeing as I grew up that always remind me of what could have been...
                            (I know these feature Claire but I hear that these were made before they had officially decided to do away with the modern police station so imo this still holds somewhat true to the atmosphere and tension that Resident Evil 1.5 brought to the table!)

Resident Evil 1.5 CommercialDo anyone know where I can download or buy the game Resident Evil 1.5? Please write to the comments

This is purportedly directed by George Romero for Capcom. Quite well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRtIO5eRjAg
                            Cool! Always heard about these commericals, but never not around to actually watching them!

Comment

• those 20 second commercials are better than all the movies combined.

Comment

• having no life right now, i am totally stoked to see advent 3 tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                                X