Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
    I've noticed that in several rooms they've re-built that they removed the blue lighting. Is that so they can show off the detail better, or will it be removed permanently? BZork?
    The power is out, there is a dark version with power off and a light version with power on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
      You keep saying that over and over... he clearly stated that there will be more "news" on Christmas. Tons of people also "think" the world is about to end, it doesn't make it more likely to happen. It will probably be a video as well as a release date or similar details on the advancement of their project.

Anyway, it's really interesting to see they added these costumes/armors to the game. I may be wrong, but until now they existed only as artworks. Or do we have any proof they were implemented in the various builds? I hope it won't make the game too easy though. The hard part will be balancing the game with the proper amount of enemies, ammo, herbs, etc.
      I believe it was confirmed back in 2007 that the armour was on the disc back when Curator was exploring its contents.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
        Their work is great but this is probably my least favourite custom render I've seen so far. I love the texture on the walls, but the doors look a bit lazily done, like they could have made it a more accurate recreation. Perhaps there's an explination for it, perhaps there's some door sequences we're unaware of and the door they rendered matches the door sequence better as opposed to the Bioflames image, in which case the inconsistency is justified for the sake of ingame consistency.
        Beats me. Guess there'll always be hits and miss on everything. +I guess it's always the possibility that nothing's final and still changing every now and then. Not as if the game itself didn't have a gazillion changes along the way.

Originally posted by Graco View Post
        I've noticed that in several rooms they've re-built that they removed the blue lighting. Is that so they can show off the detail better, or will it be removed permanently?
        Pretty sure most of the "blue light" is limited to either specific rooms (lobby, mainly?) and/or that it's partly due to the circumstances of which the Bioflames pictures were taken. (Taking shots of a CRT in the dark with an old digital camera isn't exactly the best way of getting "good/accurate" results of the brightness, contrasts and color profile of something like that.) Just compare backgrounds from the BH2 trial with the same stuff in the Bioflames shots and stuff.

Comment

• keep in mind just how terrible the quality of the bioflames shots are. They have to take creative liberties when completing a game and can't stay 100% on such terrible photo quality.

Comment

• ^^For sure. I can't knock what they're doing, it's a minor discrepancy.

To attempt to loosely translate one of his posts on YouTube.

Yes, to make the game complete. Backgrounds are in the engine but no game to play is never fun, it is unfit and unexciting. It is like going to the prado museum and only seeing the small scale statues. A silly analogy.
            Last edited by Guest; 12-16-2012, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• He's talking about how unsatisfying the 40% build would be compared to a finished one by them I think..

Comment

• Hey ZX could you snap all those stills from the new video? Your quality is better than mine

Comment

• i asked bzork about an hard mode

there will be an hard mode ? i love hard survival horror games Thanks man
                  what is a hard mode? is it where elza and leon get hard with armor and make enemy more easy to fight?

i don't know if it's a joke o he really didn't understand what hard mode means

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                    He's talking about how unsatisfying the 40% build would be compared to a finished one by them I think..
                    Someone asked if they were finishing the game. He replied stating that yes they were, and is explaining that the 40% is unfit for play and isn't very exciting. In another post he mentions that this is is a service all for the fans, and to wait and see.

Comment

• Here's screen caps from ADVENT_3.DOG

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-62875.png
Views:	1
Size:	579.3 KB
ID:	402075 Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-64095.png
Size:	804.1 KB
ID:	402076 Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-64343.png
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	402077 Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-64480.png
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	402078 Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-64545.png
Size:	193.3 KB
ID:	402079

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-64596.png
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	402080 Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-64653.png
Size:	368.3 KB
ID:	402081 Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-64721.png
Size:	461.0 KB
ID:	402082

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but Leon is using some type of gun with a magazine on it in the 5th picture above. Maybe the machine gun?
                      Last edited by Zombie_X; 12-16-2012, 12:52 PM.
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                        Their work is great but this is probably my least favourite custom render I've seen so far. I love the texture on the walls, but the doors look a bit lazily done, like they could have made it a more accurate recreation. Perhaps there's an explination for it, perhaps there's some door sequences we're unaware of and the door they rendered matches the door sequence better as opposed to the Bioflames image, in which case the inconsistency is justified for the sake of ingame consistency.

You mean this door?

Comment

• Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post

You mean this door?
                            Exactly!

Where is that from? The Trial Edition?

Pretty much as I thought. It makes sense they had used another source as a reference. It looks a lot different to the Bioflames image, but if it's consistent with the rest of the material it's better off overall.
                            Last edited by Guest; 12-16-2012, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• That's the flamethrower ZX. What the hell kinda gun is elza holding though?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                                keep in mind just how terrible the quality of the bioflames shots are. They have to take creative liberties when completing a game and can't stay 100% on such terrible photo quality.
                                Maybe they should just implement the Bioflames shots and do poor photoshops to remove the characters in them

Originally posted by warren View Post
                                i don't know if it's a joke o he really didn't understand what hard mode means
                                "Need more info" is how I'd translate it. People often ask for a lot of different things, but in my experience; they rarely specify what it is they're actually asking for (sometimes people don't even know what it is they actually want)

Comment

Working...
                                X