Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Semajer View Post
    So the CAPCOM source with the 80% build disappeared? The 80% one isn't owned by any one at all?
    We don't know anything. The person wasn't authorized to leak it, and it's pretty understandable. I would have done the same. Nobody knows if someone else has that version. It might suddenly leak tomorrow, or never at all.

As for the % estimates, it's impossible to know. Even "40%" and "80%" don't really mean anything. We're talking about backgrounds, voices, percentage of background completion, musics, cut-scenes, FMVs, documents, balance, etc... It's impossible to put percentages on the whole thing. You can't say that the 40% is half completed compared to the 80% build, it's just a wild guess.

The 80% build seemed nearly finished, but when you dig around and look at what was done, it's not the case at all. I think the game needed a good 2-3 months of development. The RPD still wasn't finished, same goes for the lab, factory, sewers... We don't even know if there were voices or FMVs yet.

But looking at what the team does with the 40% build, I'm pretty sure that if they had the 80% build they could really turn it into a really polished and finalized product (if you omit voices and FMVs, but I don't consider that important). Who knows, someday maybe it might happen. I'm already pretty excited about the idea of having their custom version
    Last edited by Rick Hunter; 12-24-2012, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• I'm aware that the 40% and 80% names aren't literal. It's hard to put actual percentages to game development. I just call them that because it seems like they're established names within the community.

Still, it's extremely impressive what the team is trying to do. Even if their finished product isn't the same as the actual 1.5, their working version is FAR, FAR better than nothing. It makes you wonder is CAPCOM will see all the interest in this release as an opportunity to fix up, and release the real 1.5.

Comment

I'm aware that the 40% and 80% names aren't literal. It's hard to put actual percentages to game development. I just call them that because it seems like they're established names within the community.
        You'd be surprised, many people interpret it literally. And it's understandable. I just want to emphasize on the fact that we don't now how complete the game really was.

Originally posted by Semajer View Post
        Still, it's extremely impressive what the team is trying to do. Even if their finished product isn't the same as the actual 1.5, their working version is FAR, FAR better than nothing. It makes you wonder is CAPCOM will see all the interest in this release as an opportunity to fix up, and release the real 1.5.
        I don't think they ever will. The good timeframe to release it as a bonus in a director's cut edition was when BH2 dual shock edition was released. They probably weighted on that idea (since they released videos), but apparently decided not to proceed.

I would love to see them regret that choice, but nowadays nobody would care. Most of the devs left Capcom, it's been more than 15 years already. Things change.

Comment

• We could always ask Kamiya on Twitter how far along it was, but he loves to troll, and doesn't seem to like talking about 1.5.

Comment

• From reading official interviews with the game's producer and director in magazine scans (such as those posted in a zip a few pages back) one said it was 60% complete when scrapped, and the other said 65% complete when scrapped. I've never read 80% from the official sources.

Comment

• He would probably troll you and say the game was "sit". The only way you'd probably ever make him talk about that is around a drink. Not gonna happen anytime soon though

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                He would probably troll you and say the game was "sit". The only way you'd probably ever make him talk about that is around a drink. Not gonna happen anytime soon though
                He certainly got flustered when he was told that half of the BH1.5 backgrounds were left on the Trial Disc...

Comment

• I think he probably didn't give a flying crap about it. Why would he even care? It's not important, it's only a big deal for hardcore fans.
                  edit: I'm not even sure he would be aware of such a detail.
                  Last edited by Rick Hunter; 12-24-2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Here are the official statements from BH Producer Shinji Mikami on how complete it actually was when scrapped. 60%-65% ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	officialpercentage1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	402126Click image for larger version

Name:	officialpercentage2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	402127

Comment

I'm aware that the 40% and 80% names aren't literal. It's hard to put actual percentages to game development. I just call them that because it seems like they're established names within the community.

There's no way in hell that capcom finishes 1.5... they thought the game was shit in the first place and the amount of people who are actually excited about the game are a very small group.

Comment

• On the twelve days of Christmas, guess what I found for me?

12 bloggers bloggin',
                        11 flamers flamin'
                        10 n00bies n00bin'
                        9 zombies zombin',
                        8 cops a-crawlin',
                        7 sewer mazes,
                        6 missing backgrounds,

5 cerebus hounds ...

4 boss baboons,
                        3 hand grenades,
                        2 MP-5s,

... and an Elza in a bikini!
                        Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                        Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                          I think he probably didn't give a flying crap about it. Why would he even care? It's not important, it's only a big deal for hardcore fans.
                          edit: I'm not even sure he would be aware of such a detail.
                          A long time ago he was shown some of the RE2 mods on Twitter I believe. He was stunned at how this was possible, and he was told that many of the BH1.5 backgrounds were left on the Trial disc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                            He certainly got flustered when he was told that half of the BH1.5 backgrounds were left on the Trial Disc...
                            Trust me, he doesn't care.
                            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• 1 more hour for Christmas for me so I just want to say merry Christmas to everyone on here It's been a great year talking and chatting about 1.5 with all of you
                              and I want to say thanks to MrBZork and the team working on the game for sharing all these videos with us I enjoyed all of them !!!

so Merry Christmas everyone on here and Have a happy 1.5 new year lol.

Comment

• Happy holidays!

Comment

Working...
                                X