Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
    It has long been speculated that RE1.5 might've had a mix and match of survivors, just like RE1 had. So they might be dead in the shots we have ... or just somewhere else?
    As the sequence that shows Leon and Linda in the video below, is it possible that she show him "something" and then that "something" kills her?

And that Marvin backtracks (without any reason), meet Elza in the Umbrealla Factory and she ask him to help her find Sherry?

Speculation a go go

Originally posted by geluda
    Is there any pictures of the other boss fights? I've seen the gorillas and I'm sure there's no pictures of the giant alligator, what about Birkin in the labs?
    A video from Biohazard Director's Cut: Dual Shock Version - Complete Disc.Please visit Biohaze.com for the latest information regarding the Resident Evil (Bi...

@0:18
    Last edited by SonicBlue; 06-25-2012, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• Regarding Leon's line at the beginning of his scenario, "that's just friggin' great", I too, think it refers to Elza crashing her bike into the station. And regarding the shutters, I think she crashed INTO them. I don't think they went down afterwards, but were already in place. How else were the police holding back the zombies? I think Marvin and Leon (and other survivors?) were already holed up in the station, and Elza came and crashed their party, brining in even more zombies with her. Plus the gate is pretty mangled up when Leon passes it.
      Last edited by doriantoki; 06-25-2012, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
        Regarding Leon's line at the beginning of his scenario, "that's just friggin' great", I too, think it refers to Elza crashing her bike into the station. And regarding the shutters, I think she crashed INTO them. I don't think they went down afterwards, but were already in place. How else were the police holding back the zombies? I think Marvin and Leon (and other survivors?) were already holed up in the station, and Elza came and crashed their party, brining in even more zombies with her. Plus the gate is pretty mangled up when Leon passes it.
        The shutter (that the zombies then breaks) was "called" by Elza after she crashed into the glass (the actual doors), probably she was running with her bike and trying to escape the zombies she lost control of the bike and crashed in front of the RPD, breaking through it. seeing the zombies coming for her, she pushed the button, the shutter came down and the game starts.

Also you can see the street outside of the RPD.

This is all "imho".
        Last edited by SonicBlue; 06-25-2012, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• I thought about that too, but then, what was keeping the zombies from entering the lobby? Or was that the reason Leon and survivors holed up in the second floor, because the zombies already broke through? Also, the damage you see on the shutters, it's pretty extensive, and almost completely centred towards the bottom. It looks as if a bike skid through underneath. If that was the case, Elza may even have done it on purpose.

EDIT: Hm, actually one video shows Elza in the lobby, and the gates are fine. Now I am confused.
          Last edited by doriantoki; 06-25-2012, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• apart from there being a giant alligator I remember a screenshot where leon is shooting baby alligators in an unfinished background.

also anyone ever find out who elza's voice actress was ?

Comment

• Well it apparently wasn't Alyson Court (sp?), but we don't know who it really was though.

Oh, and maybe I am crazy, but is anyone else imagining the outside looking like this?

How would Elza have crashed through that, anyway? Even if it was a ramp, the incline would be too steep for her to ascend at high speeds. If it was a long ramp, we'd see it, wouldn't we?
              Last edited by doriantoki; 06-25-2012, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Regarding Leon's line at the beginning of his scenario, "that's just friggin' great", I too, think it refers to Elza crashing her bike into the station. And regarding the shutters, I think she crashed INTO them. I don't think they went down afterwards, but were already in place. How else were the police holding back the zombies? I think Marvin and Leon (and other survivors?) were already holed up in the station, and Elza came and crashed their party, brining in even more zombies with her. Plus the gate is pretty mangled up when Leon passes it.
                I'm pretty sure the shutter only lowered after the crash. Elza starts out her scenario in the lobby with the shutter intact, I assume the impact must've caused them to lower automatically, or she pressed the switch to lower them herself. It's only when Leon arrives at the lobby later that the shutter has already been halfway destroyed by the zombies.

How else were the police holding back the zombies?
                I dunno, I guess the entrance doors are made out of bulletproof glass or something. Though honestly, I think it's more likely that the station was overrun before the cops were able to secure the lower floors and the survivors were forced to hole up in the upper floors. I mean, the garage ramp in the basement isn't even barricaded, and it opens out directly into the streets.
                Last edited by biohazard_star; 06-25-2012, 10:11 AM.
                Seibu teh geimu?
                ---

Comment

I thought about that too, but then, what was keeping the zombies from entering the lobby? Or was that the reason Leon and survivors holed up in the second floor, because the zombies already broke through? Also, the damage you see on the shutters, it's pretty extensive, and almost completely centred towards the bottom. It looks as if a bike skid through underneath. If that was the case, Elza may even have done it on purpose.

EDIT: Hm, actually one video shows Elza in the lobby, and the gates are fine. Now I am confused.
                  In the Curator PSM video you can see how the game probably starts when you chose Elza, the sequence looks cut, but better than nothing.

Originally posted by chrisliam2
                  apart from there being a giant alligator I remember a screenshot where leon is shooting baby alligators in an unfinished background.

also anyone ever find out who elza's voice actress was ?
                  Last edited by SonicBlue; 06-25-2012, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, you're right. Looking at videos, the shutter is intact when Elza is playing. So crashing through the glass would have either lowered the shutter due to a security breach, or Elza may have done it herself. And it does make sense that the police are holed up in the 2nd floor.

Comment

• Regarding the lobby, the shutter's still intact at the beginning of Elza's game. I'm not sure if they break through for her later, but they definitely do when Leon passes through in his playthrough. Similarly, there are no crows on the heliport when you begin with Leon but there are some for Elza when she eventually gets there.

Comment

• I think we've resolved that issue. Just another matter of me not paying attention, again. Ugh. Sorry for all the confusion.

Speaking of paying attention though, I thought this was funny. In the PSM curator video, where he's playing Elza, he inspects the shutter switch, and her shadow disappears. LOL I am guessing that this is caused by the on-screen text appearing. Perhaps both can't be displayed at the same time? Still a funny little quirk.

Comment

• This version is the first for Resident Evil 1.5?

Last edited by killer7ITA; 06-25-2012, 10:35 AM.
                          I'm looking for Resident Evil 3.5 (BioHazard 4 "Progenitor" and "Hallucination"-"Hookman" Version) or scans, articles! Resident Evil 1.5 release info = http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3328

Comment

• In the Curator PSM video you can see how the game probably starts when you chose Elza, the sequence looks cut, but better than nothing.
                            The lobby shutter is pre-rendered so I would assume the sequence showing them lower is part of the opening FMV, although FMVs aren't available in Curator's build of the game.

Speaking of paying attention though, I thought this was funny. In the PSM curator video, where he's playing Elza, he inspects the shutter switch, and her shadow disappears.
                            It's either a bug they haven't got around to fixing yet, or maybe one of those minor graphical errors you get if you're playing on a PSX emulator. A similar effect happens to me on the train in Beta 2, with the 3D models disappearing whenever the train vibrates.
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

• I have that happen too when I play just the original RE2 on an emulator whenever the screen shakes at all. The frame rate also drops to near unplayable levels. Luckily that doesn't happen all that often in-game.

This version is the first for Resident Evil 1.5?
                              That was the first version shown off to the public yes. The lobby was different here, too. There are chairs in the centre, and there's no debris from Elza's bike. Must have been a REALLY early build. But they WERE using the RE1 engine, so it was largely a graphical showcase, IMO.

Fist stuff from Resident evil 2 show in TOKYO GAME SHOW 1996. Thanks to BIOFLAMES for the video.

Other differences; the fan doesn't move, the area in the back left (from the front shutters) is a singular long hall with a door at the end, instead of veering off in the later builds; you can see what appears to be a lightsource behind the RPD shutters.
                              Last edited by doriantoki; 06-25-2012, 10:51 AM.

Comment

I understand that, and have heard similar things. However, no matter how "pretty" they looked in the game, RE2 for all intents and purposes had 2 unique zombie models. A tall, skinny, 7-foot tall one that had its textures swapped (police uniform, casual dark shirt, casual light shirt, casual ripped shirt (very similar to the light shirt), naked, lab coats, surgeon), but basically all looked the same, oh and some chicks here and there, almost exclusively outside the RPD. Would take more variety of models over textures that weren't all that exciting or different. But that's just me.
                                You're right, they chose quality vs. quantity for RE2, but then changed their minds for RE3. Unfortunately you can't have a lot a super-detailed models, look at REmake : they look great but the problem is the same, there are very few different models.
                                Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                                Oh, and we had that little discussion earlier in the thread. I think some of my sentiments resonated in what you said about it being too different, too action oriented. It would have changed the series more towards that RE4 became. I think that's what I was trying to express, in some ways. It wouldn't really have ended the series, but taken it in a new direction, and perhaps the developers weren't comfortable with that, at least so early in the series.
                                That may have been an issue for them, indeed. But I also think they wanted a huge technical gap between 1 and 2, something that 1.5 did not deliver. RE2 graphics were mind blowing at the time when compared to RE1. 1.5 ? Not that much. It sure was one of the key selling point of the game at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X