Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know the exact date when the scrap announcement was made? I wanna say sometime mid 97. Just curious about the development time frame of the retail product.

Comment

• Well, most material from pre-cancellation on the retail discs seem to be dated end of December or something, if memory serves me right, while most retail material with old dates go back to the 1st of April of '97. Which means they probably spent the first quarter of '97 back at the drawing board and then basically went into production during spring ... and thus turned their gimped game into one of the best games - ever - in less than a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvin View Post
        and that atmosphere is the main reason I love 1.5 to its every detail.

Just compare the zombies of 1.5 and retail. amazing .
        Agreed. I mean Mikami himself said he wanted to create the feeling of our own PD's being rendered inoperable when we're supposed to feel safe. How are we supposed to get that feeling in an old western style museum type building with much less zombies and monsters? To further that, one of the main things I love about 1.5 is the far greater number of zombies. Much elevated feeling of fear and hopelessness IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvin View Post

Just compare the zombies of 1.5 and retail. amazing .
          at least you can find them again in RE3 eheh

anyway, the zombie sounds in 1.5 are creeeeeeeeeeeepy!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
            Well, most material from pre-cancellation on the retail discs seem to be dated end of December or something, if memory serves me right, while most retail material with old dates go back to the 1st of April of '97. Which means they probably spent the first quarter of '97 back at the drawing board and then basically went into production during spring ... and thus turned their gimped game into one of the best games - ever - in less than a year.
            Well, all I know is Mikami is talking about 1.5 in the February 97 issue of GamePro so yeah, the cancellation must have happened shortly after that. Don't quote me on this but I wonder if that was or is one of the last 1.5 interviews out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              Wesker (...) was never officially dead and it was unknown whether he lived or died, as the events of BH1 are entirely vague.
              Did you ever played RE1? I can't believe you just said that.
              Depending how you play, Wesker either dies impaled by Tyrant in the "Tyrant room"; or killed by chimeras in the room with the triggering device. There is nothing vague about his fate: he dies, period.
              Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

• I feel that some of you have become so blinded by your loyalty to 1.5 that irrespective of if or when it gets it released, it turns out to be worst than Operation Raccoon City or something, you'd still claim it's a better product that Resident Evil 2.

I really can't see it. It's sad in a sense, that so many people are basically implying that much of the series is worthless because 1.5 didn't become the final game in place of 2. I'm genuinely sorry for the fact that you can't see Resident Evil 2, for the masterpiece it is, for what it did for storytelling in gaming. There was never any guarantee that 1.5 would of achieved in an entire game, what Resident Evil 2 achieves in one sequence (Hunk's team/Birkin assassination flashback for example).

I'm not trying to bait folks here or anything, and if it turns out to be something truly incredibly then I'll eat these words for sure. But I just can't see it. I really can't. At the time, and now in retrospect looking back, nothing about 1.5 got me excited or interested, but the first time I played Resident Evil 2? Hooked. For life.
                http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
                  Depending how you play, Wesker either dies impaled by Tyrant in the "Tyrant room"; or killed by chimeras in the room with the triggering device. There is nothing vague about his fate: he dies, period.
                  I'm pretty sure there's an ending where you don't see what happens to him man.

Comment

Actually, aside from when Wesker is impaled by the Tyrant, I'm sure that Wesker is knocked out by Barry, and after coming back into that corridor after fighting the Tyrant for the first time, he disappears.

Comment

• If you go to the trigger room, there is Wesker's body laid on the floor, and a Chimera stood above him. Though it implies the Chimera has killed him, it's never categorically confirmed.
                      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• 1.5 won't have fmvs voice acting or be a polished released capcom game, so this arguing is stupid and pointless and no point will be made and no words will be ate.

Comment

I honestly feel your entry point into the series really decides how you feel about Wesker. If you started with the first game, his return in Code:Veronica comes off like a stupid retcon. If you started with Code:Veronica or later, it doesn't.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't News Bot's first Resident Evil game Code:Veronica? Wouldn't surprise me if that's why he felt it was left more vague. I also attribute his bizarre hate of Shinji Mikami to that too :3
                          Last edited by randomwab; 12-29-2012, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by randomwab View Post
                            his bizarre hate of Shinji Mikami to that too :3
                            i never saw such a hate from someone like that. most surprisingly is dat he has some pretty convincing argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
                              I'm pretty sure there's an ending where you don't see what happens to him man.
                              Wesker dies in all the endings.
                              Ending 1: Jill doesn't save Barry, Wesker gets impaled by Tyrant.
                              Ending 2: Jill doesn't save Barry and saves Chris, Wesker gets impaled by Tyrant.
                              Ending 3: Jill saves Barry, Wesker goes to the power room and is killed by Chimeras.
                              Ending 4: Jill saves Barry and Chris, Wesker goes to the power room and is killed by Chimeras.
                              Ending 5: Chris doesn't save Rebecca, Wesker gets impaled by Tyrant.
                              Ending 6: Chris doesn't save Rebecca and saves Jill, Wesker gets impaled by Tyrant.
                              Ending 7: Chris saves Rebecca, Wesker gets impaled by Tyrant.
                              Ending 8: Chris saves Jill and Rebecca, Wesker gets impaled by Tyrant.

In all the endings, Wesker's death is explained. His comeback was just a dumb move.

Comment

• IMO Wesker did die in Bio1, that's a given. So seeing him back in Code Veronica was rather odd to me. I remember playing it on the DC for the first time and was like "What? Wesker? He died in the first game!". That was not vague at all IMO, in Bio1, he was supposed to be DEAD.

I think 1.5 looks better than 2, but will it be the better game? Probably not. I think the setting and atmosphere is better, and I do like how the characters interact more. At the end of the day it's not better at all. It will be unique though. It reminds me of PE1/PE2 more than RE in a sense. Equipable armor, different ammo types, secondary weapons.
                                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
                                X