Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
    I reckon we just gotta wait. But I wonder how hard creating events from scratch that aren't on the disc will be for them. I really doubt anything with annette is on the disc.
    It was mentioned in the original Italian facebook thread that a ponytail-less version of Elza's model is used as a placeholder for Annette in the 40% build of the game. I actually posted about it on the second page of this thread, although that tidbit of information seems to have been swept away by the succeeding 300 pages. Anyway, take that piece of info as you will.
    Last edited by biohazard_star; 01-02-2013, 10:51 AM.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

• That's awesome star. So I guess there are at least some basic rudimentary cutscenes with annette. That means they might know where elza/leon meet annette. That's really gonna help them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepatus View Post
        Hey guys, today is my bday (30), i would like to make a question to mrBZork, that would be my perfect gift!

MrBZork, can you tell us at wich % of development is the whole process of reconstruction at this moment?

Have a nice day guys
        HBday dude !
        Well, I've made some questions to Bzork with no replies here and at youtube, I can understand since the Team wants to give few info as possible yet, but I can give you a true answer....
        "OVER THE 40%"

Cheers ! Enjoy you Bday ;)

Don't hate me, everybody would like to know the same.
        Last edited by Mae77; 01-02-2013, 12:23 PM.
        The longest 15 years of our gamer life :D

Comment

• hello I expected the team to give us something special 01.05 at Christmas or New Year's Day (the game since beta ended or 40%) but it was not and no date for when it will be? .
          I look forward to the game and so today I bring you the beta of this game 80% of the link are friends

New Year gift

Comment

• Sorry thats Retail Biohazard 2 Beta Leon which was available since ever
            Last edited by GamerTak3r; 01-02-2013, 03:26 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Yes i was expecting something different too, like a new teaser, idk, they said "a big surprise", and even not how much % is completed since the team are working on it, maybe its now like 90% ? (without FMVs and voice acting since i dont care too much about that, i preffer music, a resident evil without music would be...weird XD), and that BH2 beta v2, i think is the retail one, with Leon only playable, am i right?

Comment

• Originally posted by GamerTak3r View Post
                Sorry thats Retail Biohazard 2 Beta Leon which was available since ever
                Hey, Im from Bioflames but iv been lurking and reading this thread post by post since the halloween video was postage.

im wondering if anyone could do me a massive favor and upload the Biohazard Debug Beta? i only recently found out about it and iv spent 2 days stright hunting online for working links but all have been dead!

thanks to anyone who can do this for me

-webby

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  It's not that odd, if you think about it, to build the important rooms where major events will happen first and then link together the less important stuff as you go along. *Although this version is missing rooms, especially other floors of the RPD, it's mostly missing corridors and the like from what I've seen.
                  I've thought about this for a while and yeah it makes sense. In the Alpha stages they built mostly rooms of significance, like the lobby, a passage, an office, a study, a morgue, a sewer and so on without doing the long bits in between. But in its beta stages you can clearly see the development expanding and starting work on full new stages, like the sewers, the factory and the labs as parts of the scenario are decided, leaving the RPD with less attention paid to it.

I often wonder if this was the first sign of things to go wrong for this version of the game. When they made the original Biohazard it seemed like they knew the direction they were headed and kept a better flow in their design throughout the development of the Mansion. When they made the RPD it was like they made a bunch of rooms and didn't even know what they were doing in between. It was a completely different approach to stage design and would have affected their scenario for sure.

In Biohazard the characters had interactions from room to room, corridor to corridor; how is it in 1.5? How does Elza reach the places she reaches? Who does she meet on the way? How does she interact with the scene? How does the scenario play out on a personal level? These are story elements I really find wont get explored much from room to room at the very beginning of the game due to its disjointed design. Unlike someone such as Jill who loses her partner and heads off into the mansion with Barry, finds blood on the floor, explores the corridors and finds a monster feeding on her dead comrade, only to return and find her team leader missing as well.

From the very beginning Biohazard already seems better written. Even in 1.5's final stages I still don't fully understand the outline of the scenario in the opening scenes. The fact that the very first stage is still incomplete says to me they didn't really know where they were going, and in this respect I can understand why the scenario is supposedly a bit of a mess. Elza crashes, then what? Is she alone? Does she find anybody? Does she learn anything? How does she get from A to B inside the RPD? What happens between the time she starts moving and the time she actually meets the chief in his study? These are the very first moments supposed to draw you in to the scenario and I can honesty say I don't know anything about Elza as a person, what her motivations are, how she gets about, all I know is she's there and she's exploring the random rooms in this RPD, it's not very clear what's going on and it doesn't seem like there's much interesting in the immediate vicinity.

There's hardly a comparison in the opening scenes of both games. In this respect I'd have to agree with those that say the retail Biohazard 2 had the better scenario, although that's not to say 1.5 couldn't have worked with similar changes, I still prefer the atmosphere in that game regardless. I just don't really understand what's actually going on in the opening scenes of the 1.5 scenario and that's a problem imo, something perhaps the devs thought about too.

Comment

• Guys, the text I translated is in fact from a conversation between Leon and Chief Irons. I saw in a picture that it was the same sentence. So it seems scripted events with Irons is in this build.

EVIL-WEBBY, The debug beta is on my server, here > www.the-zombie-x.net/bio-betas. It's the BH1Sample.rar file.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Leon & Brian.png
Views:	1
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	402196
                    Last edited by Zombie_X; 01-02-2013, 05:48 PM.
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                      Guys, the text I translated is in fact from a conversation between Leon and Chief Irons. I saw in a picture that it was the same sentence. So it seems scripted events with Irons is in this build.

EVIL-WEBBY, The debug beta is on my server, here > www.the-zombie-x.net/bio-betas. It's the BIO1Sample.rar file.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7818[/ATTACH]
                      Good find! Where is that image from?
                      Last edited by Guest; 01-02-2013, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                        Actually another user sent it to me. My translation was not correct, but not far off either.
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                          Actually another user sent it to me. My translation was not correct, but not far off either.
                          I see. I heard Leon model was a placeholder for Chief Irons just never seen an image of it before.

Comment

• geluda those questions are ones that would have been answered had 1.5 been released..you can't judge 1.5 on that because capcom cut it's head off. 1.5 had FMVs just like retail. You would have known as much about elza as you did claire in the beginning..because the beginning FMVs really helped you spell that out. And capcom never finished it, but finished retail. So we will never know truly if the two measure up, sadly. But the team is going to try and sew the head back on. GO TEAM!
                            Last edited by Darkness; 01-02-2013, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                              Do you mean the source or the build?

Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                              geluda those questions are ones that would have been answered had 1.5 been released..you can't judge 1.5 on that because capcom cut it's head off. 1.5 had FMVs just like retail. You would have known as much about elza as you did claire in the beginning..because the beginning FMVs really helped you spell that out. And capcom never finished it, but finished retail. So we will never know truly if the two measure up, sadly. But the team is going to try and sew the head back on. GO TEAM!
                              There's simple way to come to a conclusion. Playing BioHazard 2 Beta V2 to figure out if the narrative was pieced together, or not (which I haven't yet, to be quite frank).
                              Last edited by Kegluneq; 01-02-2013, 07:18 PM.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                              BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
                                Do you mean the source or the build?

There's simple way to come to a conclusion. Playing BioHazard 2 Beta V2 to figure out if the narrative was pieced together, or not (which I haven't yet, to be quite frank).
                                I mean the source of the image. The image is clearly from around the time of the PSM build, as Cheif Irons model had been added in by the time of the Bioflames build.

Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                                geluda those questions are ones that would have been answered had 1.5 been released..you can't judge 1.5 on that because capcom cut it's head off. 1.5 had FMVs just like retail. You would have known as much about elza as you did claire in the beginning..because the beginning FMVs really helped you spell that out. And capcom never finished it, but finished retail. So we will never know truly if the two measure up, sadly. But the team is going to try and sew the head back on. GO TEAM!
                                That is true. Although I'm speaking mainly from a gameplay perspective. Look at the Biohazard alpha builds as a perfect example, even in these early stages they still knew how they were starting off the scenario without anything like FMV. They enter a mansion, their crew goes missing, they find blood, they discover monsters, everything is played out both in terms of the scenario and how they were developing the actual mansion its self. But what about 1.5? What do we actually know about Elza's scenario? We know she starts in the lobby, we know she has a bunch of neighbouring rooms to explore, some of which are unfinished and jump all over the place depending on what era you're looking at. Naturally there will be a lot to 1.5 we still don't understand, but even from information we have from final builds it's not totally obvious what they were actually doing and I wonder if they even knew them selves. With the constant unfinished nature of the RPD they seemed to have never truely rounded off the edges, something I think they had done a lot better in Biohazard even when the game was alpha.
                                Last edited by Guest; 01-02-2013, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X