Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To get back on topic, what all puzzles from RE 1.5 do we know were reused in Code Veronica? I hear the burning van / fire extinguisher puzzle was, the chief irons room puzzle maybe, and I think I heard at least one more suggested.

Comment

• WTF that "John Smith", it seems that he doesn`t like too much this forum, and has nothing better to do. Anyway, just in case, I swear I will no bother anyone, because it would be terrible for me to receive a Goofy avatar like this .

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
      Final era:
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]8123[/ATTACH]

Earlier era:
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]8118[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8124[/ATTACH]
      Is that Final era map from a real source or was it made based on assumptions? (just to know)

Originally posted by Eteponge View Post
      To get back on topic, what all puzzles from RE 1.5 do we know were reused in Code Veronica? I hear the burning van / fire extinguisher puzzle was, the chief irons room puzzle maybe, and I think I heard at least one more suggested.
      Hard to say, but I don`t think 1.5 puzzles were literally reused in other games, also, all we think about the chief`s office puzzle are just assumptions.
      Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 02-07-2013, 07:50 AM.
      The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Thanks. very cool info. I knew the game had a weird history but didn't know the details. Still though, 2 very different games which share the same name.

Originally posted by Eteponge View Post
        Not exactly. You see, Doki Doki Panic (the game SMB2 USA was derived from) started out in development as the *Original* Prototype for Super Mario Bros. 2 JPN, but when the company decided to abandon that build of the game, they ended up doing the more SMB1 faithful based SMB2 JPN. The Original SMB2 Prototype was later completed and reworked into Doki Doki Panic. When Howard of Nintendo of America (of Howard and Nester fame) played the Japanese SMB2, he found it far too hard and frustrating, and said american gamers wouldn't like it. But then he found out that the company originally made a totally different SMB2, that was cancelled, that had later been completed and reworked into Doki Doki Panic. Howard asked the company to rework Doki Doki Panic BACK INTO Super Mario Bros 2. That's actually what happened.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/0...-mario-bros-2/

More Information from Wikipedia: "Doki Doki Panic originally started as a Mario prototype developed by Kensuke Tanabe. The prototype emphasized vertically scrolling levels and throwing blocks. Notably, it was originally intended to be a two player co-op game allowing players to toss each other around. The gameplay was considered not fun enough at the time and was scrapped until later when Tanabe received instruction to use the Yume Kōjō mascots in a game, at which point he expanded the gameplay and developed Doki Doki Panic."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros._2
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Deus Flux View Post
          Lied to as in false advertising. The game was darn near complete and the game was featured just about everywhere at the time. Resident evil 2 'Coming soon!' etc. The game released is not this one. It may be called Resident evil 2 but it isn't Resident evil 2. Take Super Mario Bros. 2 for example. The version released outside of Japan is just some other game with the Super Mario Bros. 2 title slapped on it.

I agree that games change all the time, but the difference is RE2 being so publicly advertised for so long then scrapped and changed so radically. It's very unprofessional behavior and it is wrong to trick the customer.

I hadn't followed the development of RE2 for a short while right before the games release and I can tell you I was expecting was the creepy version advertised to me for so long. My excitement for the game as I played it for the first time quickly turned to 0. It felt like a cruel joke, Capcom may have well just came into my house and kicked me in the groin. I'm much older now and I don't generally get excited anymore over games like I did but at that age but at the time I was very let down.

If you're a company developing a game , you shouldn't show it so openly like Capcom did if you don't plan to release it. What Capcom did is they remade the original version but only released the remake of it. It's just a very mean thing to do.
          Its the exact opposite of what you think it is, it's as professional as it gets. I can't count how many games get changed half-way through development or even close to the finish. That's just how it works. It is not "false advertising", they advertised the exact product they meant to. Then they announced that they had completely changed that product, and ran advertising on the new version. There are no lies or tricks involved.

In the case of 1.5, the developers and CAPCOM weren't happy with it, and by the end, they realized they could do something better... and did, something almost completely new and objectively better in a shorter time-frame.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• The layout of the hallway in that map is based on available media we have of it, which includes pretty much every single angle of it except for the segment to the east of the armory (marked with a solid yellow circle). That's the only part which was based on guesswork, but the leaked map pretty much confirms it's just a straight hallway as guessed. Enigmatism based the kennel on the few shots we have of it, the assumption that the vent in it connects with the firing range, and a bit on the retail map. When Enigmatism asked Bzork about the kennel on YT a while back, he said they were also having mapping troubles with it. Aside from the kennel, all the other rooms in that map have so far been confirmed to be accurate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BH1.5_mastermap.png
Views:	1
Size:	531.4 KB
ID:	402448
            Seibu teh geimu?
            ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
              http://www.ripoffreport.com/the-horr...rnet-503F7.htm

Careful fellas, looks like we have a critic!
              Oh snap, blast from the past! Ignore this nonsense, I can't believe the fact that the name Grace Saunders is even coming up after all this time.

Comment

• I actually registered there to post a counter report to his.... The whole claim was just rediculous. Just who the heck is he anyway? I'm curious, since he went to the trouble of posting all that...

Also, to keep this on track.... Where is the new batch of photos at that were supposedly leaked? I haven't been here in 2 weeks, so I'm lost at the moment as to their whereabouts?

And I have to say that the basement map above has to be the most logical looking version I've seen yet. If it's 100% accurate, then even I feel embarassed with my previous attempts. Just looking at it you can tell that its at least close... Was this current version based on any of the leaked images?
                Current writing project: Resident Evil: Origins (screenplay)

Comment

that the one on the floor had been already shot (but not seen) and its arm was damaged from it.
                  I don't think the arm is damaged from the shot. Watch the videos in the labs, it features similar zombies. It's just part of their design and not directly related to damages caused by the player.

Comment

• Grace Saunders (I'll refrain from posting his real name although it's not that difficult to find out) has been the center of attention and instigator of multiple wide scale arguments and dramas throughout the RE community in the past. The hatchet has long since been burried, so let's not burden this thread with a ten year old argument that is being ressurected here.

Comment

• Do you know if someone have a "Dialog Text Editor" like this?

I'm looking for Resident Evil 3.5 (BioHazard 4 "Progenitor" and "Hallucination"-"Hookman" Version) or scans, articles! Resident Evil 1.5 release info = http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3328

Comment

I found it. Starts at 8:04. First Elza shoots a skinny zombie in half and you can see a chunk of its lower spine hanging out. Then the skeletal-arm fat zombie comes crawling. I was remembering things slightly wrong. Here I guess I just assumed that since that fat zombie has no skin on its arm and it's the same model who has skin on it's arm, that the one on the floor had been already shot (but not seen) and its arm was damaged from it. When the next fat zombie is shot in half if you watch close, it seems to 'snap' into a new animation. But then the clip ends too early to see if its arm became skeletal or not. I figure there is either a damage system in effect or there has to be a normal fat zombie model and a separate model without arm skin. But the footage leads me to believe they can be visibly damaged.
                        I took two screen caps to make it easier for people to notice it. I'v noticed this quite a bit now that you pointed it out.

€It might be hard to see at first.

Comment

• Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
                          I took two screen caps to make it easier for people to notice it. I'v noticed this quite a bit now that you pointed it out.

€It might be hard to see at first.

Damn straight, 1.5 zombies were scary as hell. Look at that, haha!

Comment

• I'm sure this has been brought up before but whats with the door in the top left picture? i'v never ever noticed this door in the chiefs office....

Comment

• That's era 1 build RPD 3F Chief's Office. It was eventually remodeled into what you see in the other pictures.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                              BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• I figured that, any idea where the door leads too? ( i know that probably can't be answered but ya'll know more then i do regarding era's and what not )

Comment

Working...
                                X