Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
    More like pretty much impossible, and I'm being code-generous. Even with extremely similar games, porting straight copies of code is not an option, given all the static references compilers generate. I tried something really similar with Persona 2: Innocent Sin years ago, by importing some battle code used in the fusion spell list directly from its complementary game, Eternal Punishment (which uses the very same engine, it's 98% identical to IS). Turns out I had to rewrite most of it from scratch because the references didn't translate at all and most specific routines were not available in Innocent Sin. Direct code injections are a chimera: they are not possible and I find funny how they pretend the team could have ported retail code to a game that barely resembles what we got from CAPCOM. Then again, it comes from a person who thought BETA 2 compares prototype completion and knows no jack shit, along with his Team 96 dear friends, about the amount of work that goes into serious projects like this. Welp, even a translation hack is a million times more complicated than their "serious" modding experiments, where the best attempt is replacing a couple files while leaving a mess of crap in the way. The day they'll even be able to replace data in the MAP menu, hell shall freeze, but in the meanwhile let's enjoy the show where they badmouth people like Dominion for their achievements only because they suck at what they do, thinking they are real 'hackers'.
    Ahem? Don't think I ever spoke of anything about it being 'easy' to do.
    Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• I'm not specifically talking about you, but the others from team 96 claiming that shit.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• So, what's happening now to bioflames? Is it a whole new open season for RE 3.5, and it is not anymore on back burner?

Playing 1.5 is such a surreal experience. Can't believe it's here.
        Last edited by fishboil; 02-19-2013, 05:55 AM.

Comment

• Unlike 1.5 (and RE0 N64) we don't have any reason to believe that any version of 3.5 is outside of Capcom's hands. Plus it was, at best, a handful of rooms. So I don't imagine we'll ever see the same levels of dedication to getting it, as nice as it would be to have.

Comment

I'm not specifically talking about you, but the others from team 96 claiming that shit.
            I came, what shit are you talking about ? elaborate please.
            Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
            ^ Lol ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
              Unlike 1.5 (and RE0 N64) we don't have any reason to believe that any version of 3.5 is outside of Capcom's hands. Plus it was, at best, a handful of rooms. So I don't imagine we'll ever see the same levels of dedication to getting it, as nice as it would be to have.

Well, it's weird to imagine RE community without searching a mythical unreleased game.

I find it hard to get excited about N64 RE Zero, because it was basically almost the same as the retail, except the graphics.
              Last edited by fishboil; 02-19-2013, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
                'We hackers can do all on RE', yet you guys have no idea what real hacking is. The rest is already explained in my longer post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
                  Your claims of lies and idiotic accusations, mainly. I'm sure you haven't already forgotten.

This all stands to them, they used contents from final RE2 and claim this is all their work, they have done nothing which is their work, even the injected codes were taken from already existing games, its just the translations and silly Backgrounds everywhere stating that "Claire is missing" and that "Claire" is a dog, next we are going to see that Claire's name written on a plushie or a toilet or just on a dumb bin ....
                  I'm already awake, its been 12 hours since I was awake, oh and I drank coffee.

I'd rather have original crap than this, and if thats so, I wouldn't want a build were the game is so much fucked up to the point it passed the line of how it was intended to appear originally by the original Capcom development team.

Want to screw up the game and release it ? no thanks. don't wanna release the original build ? keep it for your graves.
                  You don't have a single wickydicky clue what you're talking about.
                  PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

More like pretty much impossible, and I'm being code-generous. Even with extremely similar games, porting straight copies of code is not an option, given all the static references compilers generate. I tried something really similar with Persona 2: Innocent Sin years ago, by importing some battle code used in the fusion spell list directly from its complementary game, Eternal Punishment (which uses the very same engine, it's 98% identical to IS). Turns out I had to rewrite most of it from scratch because the references didn't translate at all and most specific routines were not available in Innocent Sin. Direct code injections are a chimera: they are not possible and I find funny how they pretend the team could have ported retail code to a game that barely resembles what we got from CAPCOM. Then again, it comes from a person who thought BETA 2 compares prototype completion and knows no jack shit, along with his Team 96 dear friends, about the amount of work that goes into serious projects like this. Welp, even a translation hack is a million times more complicated than their "serious" modding experiments, where the best attempt is replacing a couple files while leaving a mess of crap in the way. The day they'll even be able to replace data in the MAP menu, hell shall freeze, but in the meanwhile let's enjoy the show where they badmouth people like Dominion for their achievements only because they suck at what they do, thinking they are real 'hackers'.
                    Yeah don't think I've seen this technique used on a PS1 game before. So I imagine the whole process is that they have a good knowledge of what a lot of stuff does in RE 1.5 (from some sort of disassembly process I guess), then they write the very basic code in C (so its not too complicated for the game), compile it into to assembly (I guess this is the process before injection?) and edit it slightly to link up properly with everything that is already in there.. then patch/injection the pure binary? And before that, file comparison would reveal a lot between versions and where to start looking I imagine..

But then again I've never done it so I wouldn't really know

Comment

• The idea behind that is understanding what the code does (quite a big task on its own), translating the assembly into C code, then recompiling it all and adding hooks to the new functions. The actual problem is hooking C code with assembly, which I'm not sure how it was achieved. The assembler program I've been using for years (armips) doesn't allow to call C functions compiled from another environment.

Comment

'We hackers can do all on RE', yet you guys have no idea what real hacking is. The rest is already explained in my longer post.
                        Yep I agree with you, I'm a dedicated Hacker and Modder in terms of hacking and modding RE2 (and also RE1 and 3) And I can assure: We still can't modify Resident Evil at a satisfactory point. It took years to find out how to change backgrounds in RE2 and before, it took also years to discover how to modify sound. And for the time being the only things we can do is Changing Skins, Changing Sounds/Music, Changing Backgrounds, also with strong nerves: Models and animation. We still can't make layers or change the environment. And the things we can do aren't satisfying. And by looking at the german Mansion some Modders have made, it makes me even more assured that Modding RE2 isn't as perfect as some want all to think. We can't "do all on Resident Evil". Stop Dreaming. And rejecting and calling the Team's work 'no big deal' isn't making the own work better. Actually, it makes me laugh even more about how amature like it is made. And if someone is reading it and feels addressed: Yeah, it's intended.
                        Last edited by Alfred; 02-19-2013, 08:23 AM.
                        Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazoni89
                          Hey Guys I've got an interesting message from BZork when i sent him a PM to say thank you, and if there was a possibility of a more complete demo.

He replied "There might be a demo to show "proper/working" content, rather than the broken state of this ancient build."

On Assembler

Well for now i'm satisfied but if we can have a bugless build before the end of project... fuck yeah!
                          Last edited by Ketsui; 02-19-2013, 08:13 AM.
                          ケツイ~絆地獄たち~

Comment

• I think people seem to be forgetting that this build, even the Team said, was gonna be shite.
                            It's totally unfinished and was only released to trial..

I'm looking forward to a more complete demo - although again I bet people will expect to play the whole thing - it is a DEMO after all.
                            "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• If RE2 Trial edition is indicative in any way, it's gonna be a nice ride.

Comment

• gemini, if people wanted to be real hackers, they would be. but it is called the 123 modding forum. saying modders aren't hackers...well duh!

you make it sound like some god-like ability not many people can understand, when all it takes is a want to learn.

quoting one statement and slamming all of team96 is silly. especially when people like resiyoyoyo are hardly around!

Comment

Working...
                                X