Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha, I'm gonna try attempt something funny on Friday when monkeyman2000 comes down to mine (I'm not sure if he is aware of the leak yet). I'll say to him "Put Res2 on for me" he'll do it and I'll be like "Noooo, not that one" until he eventually figures out what I mean. Or should I just be sitting there playing it when he walks in? I'm not sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
      Same thing happened before with Dominion's Dark Biohazard. It's just some people getting royally butthurt because they are attention seekers, nothing more, nothing less. Want attention? Create something that would interest people instead of claiming other's work sucks because 'you' can't do anything comparable.
      I'll be one of the first to admit that I acted a lil bit butthurt.

Though, I never said his work 'sucks'. Quite the opposite, actually - if it weren't for Dominion, most people wouldn't even have the drive to accomplish anything.

More than anything, I was disappointed that no tools were released, no information was given and obviously no modification was given out.

But that's all in the past, now. The modding scene has come a long way, but still fails in comparison to both Dark BioHazard and team igas(?) work.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gradon View Post
        It's more than just 'learning' as to understanding the code and file formats of the engine to try and see what they do and crack them so you can modify them. Then they have to program a tool to modify these things so that the rest of the team can use them. Saying all they have to do is 'learn' is extremely ignorant. Why don't you go and learn how to modify extensive parts of an old Playstation game engine? Or will you just wait for the baby fed tools?
        i didn't mean "they", i meant anyone. and i said a want to learn, meaning the individual will not be intellectually lazy and will put forth the time and effort to test,experiment, build upon, and apply what they have learned. but its like gemini said, most people would rather do other things.

when i started at the modding forum, almost everything was done by replacing hex codes. i could do custom animations, custom cut-scenes, put them on a real playstation image via PPF patch. sure. Dark Biohazard has done that as well as backgrounds already.

we at the forum do not have a team of dedicated professionals with dev tools for each project, so it is slow and grueling, but we are capable of plenty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
          Listen sweetheart Total Dick Douche Fag, You'rethe biggest liar here, all what I said was obvious, I may have over acted, but nothing was wrong, Don't forget about yourself, you say soo much shit without providing any sources or mainly you are just selfish like the rest who are like you and you know who those are. say hello to your friend Colvin.

Embarrassing to ban your friend for a piece of crap. I'm sure he hates you with a passion now ;P

The Team is doing a good job maybe but they still should release the original >dump<, it's Capcom copyrighted anyway ... but oh they might even hide the files again.
          This build being shit and buggy ? well yeah could be true that this is a really old build of "their" work, but why are the exact features in this build were introduced at the second commentary video ? eh.
          I wouldn't share sources with someone like you, so if you'd kindly stop pestering me about it, that'd be fantastic.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
            we at the forum do not have a team of dedicated professionals with dev tools for each project, so it is slow and grueling, but we are capable of plenty.
            Cool. Then suggest to some of the happy, shiny people who are saying what awful people the Team are and how they totally suck to show us what they're capable of, and make something better than the Team. Pretty simple way to shut those guys up, right?

Comment

• Cmon guys we are all capable of doing what the Team can do if we put or noggins together instead of an every man for themselves attitude. I can think of multiple times when the community has said something was "impossible": Boundaries, ADT's, Cutscenes(any sort of scripting), Player starting positions. Remember people did call these things "impossible" Yeah, we're still not perfect at those things, but we'll get there, we just need a kick in the backside.

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                Doubt most people do. Heck, I'd be amazed if these guys have access to anything beyond what google can get you. In most cases, talented people tend to make their own tools for these sorts of things. Take Mark for instance, he seems to whip together whatever tools he needs - when he wants them or has the time to cook 'em.

On most projects I've worked on; unless there are massive structural similarities, pretty much everything's been made from scratch up for every single titl - with new memory maps to chart, new file formats to figure out, new approaches to coding and implementing additional functions, etc..

Now, with the amount of hurt butt going around the community these days, you'd think we'd suddenly entered the adult industry or something.

Comment

• some things the team said led me to believe they have access to stuff we the public do not.

but the way i figure it, people like mark and leo make the tools for other people to make the mods. it's not waiting to be "spoon fed", its being efficient. why make a tool they are making when i could be making use of the tools they already made?

Comment

• Now, seriously: RE 1.5 - yes, Resident Evil 1.5 gets released - even without any community fund raisers and people are still complaining ?
                    This might be the most significant beta ever not to mention the vast amount of work it takes to complete it.
                    How bitter and tired of life does one have to become to not appreciate it ?

Comment

• Originally posted by anaho View Post
                      Now, seriously: RE 1.5 - yes, Resident Evil 1.5 gets released - even without any community fund raisers and people are still complaining ?
                      This might be the most significant beta ever not to mention the vast amount of work it takes to complete it.
                      I don't think being bitter or tired of life is a factor for certain people. They're just hateful, jealous and ungrateful cunts for the most part.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• the RE mod boards are full of prudes. Carry on gentlemen, god bless the team(tm)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
                          well yeah could be true that this is a really old build of "their" work, but why are the exact features in this build were introduced at the second commentary video ? eh.
                          Maybe they recorded the videos earlier. Ever thought about that anyway ?

Originally posted by anaho View Post
                          Now, seriously: RE 1.5 - yes, Resident Evil 1.5 gets released - even without any community fund raisers and people are still complaining ?
                          Total Agreement!

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                          I don't think being bitter or tired of life is a factor for certain people. They're just hateful, jealous and ungrateful cunts for the most part.
                          Total Agreement ²
                          Last edited by Alfred; 02-19-2013, 12:07 PM.
                          Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• Either way, I feel sorry for such people. Honestly.

Comment

• haha, this is almost a joke, people are never and i mean NEVER happy. Zork stated the game is fucked..... so why are any of you bitching? it's so confusing, we finally get a some what playable build of a game we've all been wanting for years and its still not good enough! I'd be happy playing this broken build for the rest of my life (of course i want the teams build and the 80 percent build but if neither of those ever surfaced, i'd be happy with what i have now) shesh. We didn't pay a single dime for what i call the greatest beta ever.... and ya'll still cry about shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by anaho View Post
                                1.5 did not get released.
                                Last edited by J0shuaKane; 02-19-2013, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X