Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
    Bob Zork is just full of good news lately isn't he? I love it!
    His decision to let this build leak makes me think that they have something bigger and much more interesting than what we've got.

Comment

• Well, don't forget that Alzaire and his friends are sitting on RE15 data that they've never released. Alzaire has said so himself on several occasions. There are several others in here who claim the same thing. That's from where some of your "extra assets" might coming.

Having played RE15 a lot now, I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I know I'm gonna sound like Newsbot (when he's being polite), but it needs to be said. RE15 to me, in this form at least, isn't that great of a game. Not because it's broken and incomplete, but because it's way too complicated and ambitious. Don't get me wrong - I prefer RE15's RPD over RE2s for most of the same reasons as do you, and I wish they had kept some of the things in the game engine - the more menacing zombies, the player character bleeding, some of the weapons, etc. - that didn't turn up again until later RE games. Stepping back and taking a look at it as a whole, though, its gameplay reminds me of RE5, and both the sprawling plot and large cast of characters to me has an eerie RE6-ish echo. I can see why Mikami aborted it and rebooted the development process. It was just too much, and wandered too much - if you know what I mean. I'm glad they rolled it back and called in a professional to rewrite the plot. I'm glad they both simplified the story and list of characters. I'm glad they made a better connection with RE1 in the form of Claire Redfield. Let's be clear on this, though - RE2 wouldn't have been the acknowledged classic that it is had there not already been all the work done on RE15 to draw on for the reboot ... and they mined RE15's corpse for ideas years after it was killed. Shucks - we're mining it even now.

Now that I'm lined up against the wall with my blindfold on and my cigarette in my mouth, I'll say one more thing before you shoot. I could see today's Capcom making a game like RE15 AND releasing it. I don't see the Capcom of old doing it, and they didn't. Why? Partially due to the time factor, but also due a lot to quality control. RE15, despite its finer moments, is a mess and would have been so even if it had been completed. RE2 seems almost elegant in comparison ... but it wouldn't have been so had not all that work been put into RE15 beforehand.

"You may fire when ready, Gridley."
      Last edited by RMandel; 02-22-2013, 02:49 AM.
      Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
      Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Honestly? Dot's busy with World of Warcraft. I dunno what Inflames has been doing, but it hasn't been 1.5 for years. And Alziare is doing stuff with his fiancée, as there sickeningly sweet Facbook messages constantly remind us to purge between meals.

Even for those three, turned out there was more important stuff than 1.5.

Comment

• RE15, despite its finer moments, is a mess and would have been so even if it had been completed. RE2 seems almost elegant in comparison ... but it wouldn't have been so had not all that work been put into RE15 beforehand.
          Mmm, delicious vindication.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            Honestly? Dot's busy with World of Warcraft. I dunno what Inflames has been doing, but it hasn't been 1.5 for years. And Alziare is doing stuff with his fiancée, as there sickeningly sweet Facbook messages constantly remind us to purge between meals.

Even for those three, turned out there was more important stuff than 1.5.
            Since when, Darkmoon ? Since when have they been slipping you a paycheck ?

Comment

• I wonder if the next video update will be on March 31 (Easter) since they seem to be updating on special event days.
              I'm really looking forward to what they will show us next.

I can't put down the 1.5 they leaked to us im really really enjoying it , so if and when they release their fully modded version I will more than likely enjoy that even more.

Though I wish I was smart enough to do all this modding and editing and hex editing but that kind of stuff just goes over my head lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sly View Post
                Since when, Darkmoon ? Since when have they been slipping you a paycheck ?
                Are you a Black-Crow's fake account or something?

Comment

• After playing this build of RE 1.5 extensively, I think it would have worked best as a companion disc to the final RE 2 telling a RE side story. They could have changed the characters around in it, Leon to Grant Bitman, kept Elza, Ada to Linda, changed the others, say it took place a few days earlier in a different branch of RPD police station on the other side of town, and voila. Or just kept it as an alternate universe version of the game. Heh, would have been a nice extra disc to go along with the final RE 2, maybe even an unlock with the game beaten.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eteponge View Post
                    After playing this build of RE 1.5 extensively, I think it would have worked best as a companion disc to the final RE 2 telling a RE side story. They could have changed the characters around in it, Leon to Grant Bitman, kept Elza, Ada to Linda, changed the others, say it took place a few days earlier in a different branch of RPD police station on the other side of town, and voila. Or just kept it as an alternate universe version of the game. Heh, would have been a nice extra disc to go along with the final RE 2, maybe even an unlock with the game beaten.
                    that would of been too good to be true lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
                      Are you a Black-Crow's fake account or something?
                      It's a quote from REmake... geez why so serious ?

Comment

It's a quote from REmake... geez why so serious ?
                        I know, but your latest posts throwing accusations here and there gives me the impression you have something with Black-Crow...
                        Last edited by Guest; 02-22-2013, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Accusations ? Are you serious ? I'm just kidding, man. It's a JOKE. And you just ruined it.

Comment

Accusations ? Are you serious ? I'm just kidding, man. It's a JOKE. And you just ruined it.
                            Sorry...

Comment

• I have to agree, that while I understand it's obviously a very early version, the game just doesn't ... flow. But it's not even that. It feels just as archaic as the first game in many ways. Sure we may laud the zombies from RE2 for being repetitive, but they were mobile, and challenging. The ones in 1.5 are very easy to dispose of, owing to the fast firing rate, and the destructive capacity of all the weapons. Plus, it's so easy to run circles around the zombies in 1.5. But it's also the small things that were improved upon. You can only shoot the zombies when they are fully standing, or flat on the ground, not while they are getting up like in retail RE2. Having now played it, I understand what the developers meant about the areas feeling empty and with character. The halls really are very sterile, and graphically, not that impressive. The sewers, in particular, place holders or not, are sometimes WORSE than what we got in RE1. It's not to say they couldn't have been improved, but I can see why the developers were discouraged. Also, the story scenes play in awkward haphazard fashion, sort of taking place whenever and however. It feels, even if this wasn't the case, that the story for 1.5 was improvized as it went along. Anyway, I am enjoying the game, and I hate to say it, but I think the developers made the right decision on this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkside05 View Post
                                IGAS...I got a Shotgun?
                                Genious!!!
                                Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

Working...
                                X