Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still find the idea that a modern police station is somehow closer to the mansion than a gothic ex-museum somewhat laughable. Unless they're talking about something other than the atmosphere and appearance when they say 1.5 is closer to a mansion clone? Honestly, I really can't see it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      I still find the idea that a modern police station is somehow closer to the mansion than a gothic ex-museum somewhat laughable. Unless they're talking about something other than the atmosphere and appearance when they say 1.5 is closer to a mansion clone? Honestly, I really can't see it...
      It has less to do with aesthetics and more to do with function.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• the so called "atmosphere" is more resembled in the original alpha version of prototype. coming out right from the artist vision... this is the resident evil 1.5 i love the most. and this is what I saw first place anyway back in days. scary and cold. .. survival. does not have to be story line.

So the early model of leon is on the WIP release or not? .... damn I would love to play a game with that version of Leon. Dear Sir BZork, big please, add him as bonus character!

Last edited by Marvin; 03-01-2013, 05:08 AM.
        ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
          It has less to do with aesthetics and more to do with function.
          You mean like collecting themed key sets and crests while dodging zombies to solve strange, convoluted puzzles that make sense in a building containing actual people? Or am I missing something again?

Comment

You mean like collecting themed key sets and crests while dodging zombies to solve strange, convoluted puzzles that make sense in a building containing actual people? Or am I missing something again?
            That was present in 1.5 too but it went further than that, though I can't recall the exact reasons since I don't have all the interviews in front of me. Might be worth asking Kamiya about?

Comment

• Sure. The only iffy puzzle I can think of, that we have any hint of at least, is the city model in the mayor's rooms leaked by Colvin. I don't recall any themed key or crest like items in the item list, although of course the item list we have is early and probably fairly incomplete.

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                If you were actually a (good) writer, or even knew credible ones intimately
                You really like to offend and mock people you don't even know, do you? Grow up

Comment

Sure. The only iffy puzzle I can think of, that we have any hint of at least, is the city model in the mayor's rooms leaked by Colvin. I don't recall any themed key or crest like items in the item list, although of course the item list we have is early and probably fairly incomplete.
                  Given how much the items changed in BH2 and BH3 alone I wouldn't give the current 1.5 list a lot of weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Braindead View Post
                    Truth is, we don't know the real circumstances because we weren't there working on the game.
                    Thing is, the guys working on the game openly admitted it was a bad game. Why is it so difficult for some people to just believe that fact ?
                    The decision to redo almost everything from the ground up was not some kind of childish whim.
                    I actually kind of like that it has little to no connections to RE1 aside from the Umbrella Corporation and Raccoon City.
                    Well, you mean, like retail 2 ? Claire being Chris' sister has almost no impact on RE2 story itself, it only adds to her background and bring her a motive. It really becomes an important theme in Code Veronica.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                      So you defend a game that was actually scrapped with one reason being because it was an uninspired mansion clone of the first game? Makes total sense. I think someone doesn't have a clue what they're talking about.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	26066248.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	402677
                      sigpic

Comment

Sure. The only iffy puzzle I can think of, that we have any hint of at least, is the city model in the mayor's rooms leaked by Colvin. I don't recall any themed key or crest like items in the item list, although of course the item list we have is early and probably fairly incomplete.
                        Aren't there 4 colored key cards in 1.5 as an equivalent to RE1&2's mansion keys?
                        They were actually carried over to early RE2, as seen in the Trial Edition, before they got replaced by the keys. (Blue and Red were kept, I know)

Also, speaking of weird puzzles, what about the Firing Range?
                        I don't know whether the actual purpose of the puzzle is known, but I guess it can be argued that a survivor of a Zombie breakout had better things to do than moving gun practice targets around.

That's all I can think of atm, if anybody knows of any more confirmed (out of place, in typical RE fashion) puzzles in 1.5 I'd be interested in hearing about them! I don't know, perhaps "our" 1.5 build is just too incomplete to tell, but 1.5 seemed to be seriously lacking in the puzzle department compared to other classic RE games...

Of course there were things such as the burning van, the blocked manhole in the garage, various instances of crate shifting or the vaccine creation in the lab, but they were actually somewhat realistic, unlike the totally absurd puzzles RE is normally known for.

Edit:
                        One could argue, that RE1's puzzles were justified because they were part of Spencer's trap/security system in the mansion, and that in final RE2, Brian Irons was responsible for much of the RPD's inaccessibility, but I don't want to drift off topic, so let's focus on 1.5 instead.
                        Last edited by Upaluppa; 03-01-2013, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• Seems it went on to inspire the library bookcase puzzle???

Comment

• I'd forgotten the shooting gallery seemed to be an actual puzzle, for some reason. And yes, there are ID cards 1 through 4, although I don't recall them being themed in any odd way.

Comment

• Someone theorized a while back that the paper targets could have a number written on each one, which you have to put together in a specific stall order, in order to get the keypad code for the armory. The order you have to type the numbers in would probably be listed down in a silly RE-style diary file or something. Either that or it's supposed to unlock the vent or the cabinet beside it, which you can pick up a "driver" from (probably a screwdriver). The ripped BGs do not really indicate any other interactable object/hidden compartments in the room.

And yes, there are ID cards 1 through 4, although I don't recall them being themed in any odd way.
                              Yea, the key items in 1.5 don't really seem to be ornate, unlike the ones in retail (chess-themed plugs... really? ). The keycards could very well be used on the electronic security doors in the RPD like the prison, armory, media room (although this one has a voice recognition lock) and probably a few more in the missing rooms we haven't seen of yet (maybe the radio room). It could also be used for a secure cabinet like the one in the lab operating room.
                              Last edited by biohazard_star; 03-01-2013, 07:59 AM.
                              Seibu teh geimu?
                              ---

Comment

• There's also the pocket watch in the Trial Edition that seems to be missing from this build of 1.5.

Comment

Working...
                                X