Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
    I thought it was clear already. Heh.
    This is no different to all the other Capcom property we've been ripping and posting over the years (backgrounds, models, music files, etc), that Roy model/texture isn't even a true Capcom asset, so I don't see why you're bothering to, once again, derail this thread and make it an issue on this forum as well.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-07-2013, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• I'm speaking in general, not pointing fingers are somebody in particular, that's why I mentioned qhimm and the same stuff happening there. Roy is just a random example, but people have been ripping CAPCOM assets along the way. Why I'm bothering? Because some people are all lunatic about an ISO being released, but then they are fine with distributing assets only because they are ripping those themselves. Not even sure how this would derail the topic - my posts include 1.5 in the discussion just as much as the others above.
      Last edited by Gemini; 03-07-2013, 07:44 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

I'm speaking in general, not pointing fingers are somebody in particular, that's why I mentioned qhimm and the same stuff happening there. Roy is just a random example, but people have been ripping CAPCOM assets along the way. Why I'm bothering? Because some people are all lunatic about an ISO being released, but then they are fine with distributing assets only because they are ripping those themselves.
        Which people? People in this thread? If you have concerns I suggest you PM a mod, I'm sure they will handle the issue appropriately or give you any necessary info on their policies regarding posting such material. Not trying to be rude, just sick of seeing these threads go off course with pointless arguments, that of which there are no answers to. You are allowed to link to ISOs for demos and beta material ONLY, this has been stated many times and posting material from these discs has never been an issue here.
        Last edited by Guest; 03-07-2013, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• Man, gem just doesn't stop hey, one thing to bitch about after another, it's getting reallllllllllly fucking tired and annoying. The roy picture of awesome, post more.
          Last edited by Guest; 03-07-2013, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
            Which people? People in this thread? If you have concerns I suggest you PM a mod, I'm sure they will handle the issue appropriately or give you any necessary info on their policies regarding posting such material.
            Not people in this thread, but modders/hackers in general. That issue has already been addressed several times at qhimm's board, where people basically posted copyrighted assets without a clue.

You are allowed to link to ISOs for demos and beta material ONLY, this has been stated many times and posting material from these discs has never been an issue here.
            Demos follow exactly the same copyright policy as retail games. Just because they are not considered as a full entity it doesn't mean you're supposed to do with them whatever you think you wish. ;)

Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
            Man, gem just doesn't stop hey, one thing to bitch about after another, it's getting reallllllllllly fucking tired and annoying. The roy picture of awesome, post more.
            How's that bitching? You're missing the whole point.
            Last edited by Gemini; 03-07-2013, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
              This is no different to all the other Capcom property we've been ripping and posting over the years (backgrounds, models, music files, etc), that Roy model/texture isn't even a true Capcom asset, so I don't see why you're bothering to, once again, derail this thread and make it an issue on this forum as well.
              Its made up yup ! But I know why he feels pissed ... Gemini ... I know.

Did Dominion say anything lately ?

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
              Demos follow exactly the same copyright policy as retail games. Just because they are not considered as a full entity it doesn't mean you're supposed to do with them whatever you think you wish. ;)
              What ? Then working on a copyrighted Prototype Game is Illegal too !
              Everything is Illegal then ?! Wow all of these mods for those thousands of games are Illegal too ?! *Mindblown*

There was no reason to say that, If you don't want the made up stuff to leak just say so without going around and spinning ....
              Last edited by Mrox2; 03-07-2013, 08:09 AM.
              Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
              ^ Lol ...

Comment

• I'd be pissed off by seeing a board getting closed because of copyright infringements. ;)

Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
                What ? Then working on a copyrighted Prototype Game is Illegal too !
                Oh, it is indeed.

Everything is Illegal then ?! Wow all of these mods for those thousands of games are Illegal too ?! *Mindblown*
                The same policy applies to romhacking as well, which is considered grey area. You're not allowed to modify a game unless the developers allow you to (think of Half Life mods and the HLSDK), so if you're releasing a modified game you're bound to hit against the copyright wall, but there are ways to make it a little more legal by distributing patches. Patches usually don't contain copyrighted material because they take the copy of a game, something that you own and you paid for, and turn it into something else with new data that is custom made for the most of it. AFAIK, you're not even supposed to apply patches, but given how that falls into personal use, softhouses generally tolerate them. I think the only case where patches are considered illegal is when they contain cracks or remove protections against hackers (example: BAD's patches for removing libcrypt - Sony gave them the royal boot).
                Last edited by Gemini; 03-07-2013, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• I suggest you don't look in the mod forum then because you'll shit bricks.
                  Last edited by Guest; 03-07-2013, 08:21 AM.

Comment

• Hope CAPCOM doesn't see that, it might put Enrico in a nasty situation, and the guy just doesn't deserve it.
                    Last edited by Gemini; 03-07-2013, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Hope CAPCOM doesn't see that, it might put Enrico in a nasty situation, and the guy just doesn't deserve it.
                      Yes because I brought up this argument and drew attention to the whole situation didn't I? ;) Sorry Enrico!!! Come on dude, now you're just intentionally trolling for no reason, I'm not going to argue about it with you, feel free to repeat the same thing over and over as many times as you want. -b

Comment

• Pwned.
                        Gemini, Don't worry nobody will claim it's their work ... calm down ... it's really your ugh I mean the teams work.
                        Last edited by Mrox2; 03-07-2013, 08:39 AM.
                        ^ Lol ...

Comment

• I totally created copyright laws just to troll people. Sounds legit.

Comment

• more drama crap hip hip hooray !!
                            let's create more drama shall we ? I mean it wouldn't be 1.5 thread if it didn't have some kind of pointless drama.
                            Let's all take turns ! oh it will be great fun !

Comment

• Gemini is just saying it's illegal. Which it is. He's entitled to state as such, as is everyone.

Yeah.
                              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I totally created copyright laws just to troll people. Sounds legit.
                                I'm talking about 1.5 Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear !!
                                and your laws do not make sense really ...

If anyone is to figure ... this applies to you Newsbot, you sure are with his side, Undoubtedly.
                                Last edited by Mrox2; 03-07-2013, 08:42 AM.
                                ^ Lol ...

Comment

Working...
                                X