Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
    I've been using the scale ruler present on the maps to recreate some rooms in the RPD. So far, I think it's been pretty accurate (1 pixel/0.25m). I could be wrong though.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8454[/ATTACH]
    That's really great! I like your evidence room and medic room :0

Comment

• Originally posted by Tido View Post
      When did they get the Source Code anyway?
      They clearly never got the source code or they wouldn't be using C injection.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
        They clearly never got the source code or they wouldn't be using C injection.

ah ok thx i thought they have the Source Code. Do you know from where they have the material? Do they just have a early build ?

Comment

• I can answer you about generic hacking stuff, but for that question you should ask BZork, he's the one who knows the answers about 1.5 around here.
          Last edited by Gemini; 03-08-2013, 01:59 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
            I've been using the scale ruler present on the maps to recreate some rooms in the RPD. So far, I think it's been pretty accurate (1 pixel/0.25m). I could be wrong though.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8454[/ATTACH]
            I can't wait to see how these designs compare with the IGAS ones! You should be their interior design consultant!

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
              Finally I've found the maps, they present the scale too, that is 1:610, so 1 unit in the map is 610 in real life, they can't be meters, because the top room of the 1F map (near the ruler) will turn into something like 24,4m, but I think it's something like 2,44m instead. In the end you have 1 unit = 61cm.
              I interpreted the [m] marker as being tied to the ruler rather than the scaling ratio. If you look at the Lab maps, the scale ratio is 1:770, and "one unit" is three pixels long rather than four (which is the case for 1:610).

If one unit equaled 61cm, the rooms would be unimaginably large. Maybe you should design some new backgrounds for the unseen areas and see how it goes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                I interpreted the [m] marker as being tied to the ruler rather than the scaling ratio. If you look at the Lab maps, the scale ratio is 1:770, and "one unit" is three pixels long rather than four (which is the case for 1:610).

If one unit equaled 61cm, the rooms would be unimaginably large. Maybe you should design some new backgrounds for the unseen areas and see how it goes?
                Actually it would be smaller if 1 unit it's equal 61cm instead of 1m, but at this point doesn't make any difference.

Anyway, I checked on an already existing room (116) and it matches the ruler numbers.

I've also pixel matched the ruler to obtain real 0.25m, I wanted to be sure it was precise

Now, what the hell they intend with the 1:610 ratio? They throw in some random numbers?

Comment

• Originally posted by nemesis888 View Post
                  Gameshark codes to allow you to play new costumes Elsa and Leon, as well as playing for John and Sherry, in the scenario for Elsa.
                  Elza 800B0FF0 0004
                  Elza RPD Armor 800B0FF0 0005
                  Elza Umbrella Armor 800B0FF0 0006
                  John 800B0FF0 000E
                  Sherry 800B0FF0 000F

Leon with Umbrella Armor

800B0FF0 0002

Just remembered, back in curator days people would give him gameshark codes if i am correct.

Comment

• Well now i recorded a demo voice for Leon in my mother tongue. It's a very early version, alpha, beta or whatever xD

No sound effects, no music, only my voice, just for fun. I tried my best the acting.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opinions?

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
                      Actually it would be smaller if 1 unit it's equal 61cm instead of 1m
                      I considered one unit to be one pixel, which is 25cm (0.25m), not 1m. The notches in the ruler could also be interpreted as "units" though, so I can see where you're coming from. I think that we just had a misunderstanding about what we considered to be "units," so I apologize for not being clearer in my explanation (I was working in MS Paint, where pixels are king).

Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post

I've also pixel matched the ruler to obtain real 0.25m, I wanted to be sure it was precise

Yep, this is exactly what I did too. If you treat the [0 - 5 - 10 - 15] values as the number of meters, then one pixel would indeed represent 25cm or a quarter meter.

Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
                      Now, what the hell they intend with the 1:610 ratio? They throw in some random numbers?
                      I thought 1:610 meant that, using some fixed dot pitch as a reference, the map was 1/610th as large as the actual size.
                      Last edited by Enigmatism415; 03-08-2013, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deus Flux View Post
                        Even if Capcom wants to drop a C&D on the team, I don't see how that's going to happen. They don't know who these people are. Sure they could contact B.Zork, but he's probably behind a scrambled IP or whatever you call it. He could simply 'lol no' at them, delete his previous accounts and make a new identity.

Anyway, if Capcom really care about their fanbase, they'll let this project be. And if they don't, i'm done with them. This is the best upcoming Capcom game release in a very long time; the irony here being they're not the ones releasing it even though fans have wanted it for years. Maybe they'll learn from this.
                        The only 1.5 related thread which was closed there was a one post thread with the download link for the released 1.5 build. The only reason it got closed because it kinda counts as warez, but file was still active and undeleted. Capcom could've easily reported it and got it deleted, but they didn't which just shows how much they care.

And what was with that thread with potential bad news? I only saw some guy asking for a full playthrough from Capcom, or smth.
                        Last edited by fishboil; 03-09-2013, 03:02 AM.

Comment

• This isn't as pretty as biohazard_star's work, but here's the next installment of Story of RE15. Ready to see "new" video of RPD 2F?

A Story of Resident Evil 1.5 - Part 4 - The Second Floor
                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I don't think the actual game would play the way I show it in this video. I think you're supposed to get in the Archive Hallway the back way - via the rooftop vent - and open the double doors once you're in there. You would go out through the vent in the Radio Room and back in using the crate below the vent in the Archive Hallway. It's during this trip that Elza would first see the now-out Burning Van. Any thoughts on that, Enig?
                          Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                          Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• ^ The actual route is most probably like the one you depicted. If you'll notice, the balcony side of the radio room vent does not have a crate in front of it, which would mean it's supposed to be a one-way passage that's supposed to be accessed from inside the radio room. Same with the media hallway vent, except it can only be accessed from the rear balcony side (because the crate is there and because there's a low-angle "drop-down" shot in the media hallway bgs). The big question lies in how you gain access to the vents. If you'll notice:

1. Marvin is freed by Leon from the shutter hallway right outside the radio room.
                            2. You pick up a "driver" (most definitely a "screwdriver", as it's placed with gun maintenance equipment) in the firing range.

So some possibilities include:
                            1. Side character gives you a boost to reach the vent on the radio room side.
                            2. The screw driver is used to unlock one of the vents, although it's hard to say if it's for the radio room or media/archive hallway vent.
                            3. There is a climbable object on the radio room side of the vent.
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

• Originally posted by RMandel View Post
                              This isn't as pretty as biohazard_star's work, but here's the next installment of Story of RE15. Ready to see "new" video of RPD 2F?

A Story of Resident Evil 1.5 - Part 4 - The Second Floor

I don't think the actual game would play the way I show it in this video. I think you're supposed to get in the Archive Hallway the back way - via the rooftop vent - and open the double doors once you're in there. You would go out through the vent in the Radio Room and back in using the crate below the vent in the Archive Hallway. It's during this trip that Elza would first see the now-out Burning Van. Any thoughts on that, Enig?
                              Yes, I'm thinking that this path would be for Leon's scenario, as he reaches the second floor first. Great video by the way, and clever reversal of the Autopsy Room. The door to the Media Room is locked by voice-recognition though, and I'm also pretty sure that Elza visits the Radio Room before Roy is killed. My theory is that the MD Media contains Irons' voice and can be found in his office, while the MD Player is located within the southern half of the Mirror Room and can only be acquired after Roy's death (since upon his first meeting with Elza, Roy probably commands you to leave and locks the door behind him, a la RE2 Marvin).

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                              The screw driver is used to unlock one of the vents, although it's hard to say if it's for the radio room or media/archive hallway vent.
                              As far as Leon's scenario goes, the screwdriver is definitely used to unlock the Archive Hallway vent. Leon can only reach the basement after he's encountered the burning van, since the East Corridor must be unlocked from the other side in his scenario (similar to the situation with the West Corridor for Elza). Thus, when he first arrives on the 2F roof, he is forced to encounter Ada's cries for help before he's able to unfasten the Archive Corridor vent.
                              Last edited by Enigmatism415; 03-09-2013, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• so to the people that have been enjoying the leaked demo/beta/WIP/ what rooms do you find yourself visiting the most ?
                                I love skipping to

Site a,b,c,d for zombies and dogs to shoot
                                sometimes will go to the shooting range to get chased by the dogs.
                                also love trying to fight birken in different ways .
                                I like shooting the zombies in the morgue since the game does not seem to freeze when I shoot them there with the shotgun.

Comment

Working...
                                X