Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is okay. is okay. i make new attempt to explain.

Originally posted by ccrogers15 View Post
    Whatever. Its just that 99% of PSX games you can extract, play around with contents, etc.

While this 1.5 release was purposely encrypted for stupid reasons.
    More typical 1.5 BS.
    most games on playstation utilize some form of cabinet for data storage, usually to compress or organize. why you make lie and 99% not do this?
    also, in build people call magic zombie door, there is no encryption. why you make lie about this too? closest you get to encrypt there is capcom's use of .BS mdec frames for background, which is video compression format.

on limited hardware like playstation you not compress or encrypt when hardware barely already able to run game at optimal speed. if us developers see benefit of utilizing something, we will take advantage of that benefit. so please do not confuse own ineptitude with advanced compression algo or encryption.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccrogers15 View Post
      Whatever. Its just that 99% of PSX games you can extract, play around with contents, etc.

While this 1.5 release was purposely encrypted for stupid reasons.
      More typical 1.5 BS.
      The Team have their reasons. They released a build, just be grateful. As Chris said, complaining just makes you look like the bad guy.

Comment

• Personally, I'd be worried about the whole rash of 80% complete, buy it for $1000 dollar deals that will likely happen if people have easy access to the source data.

Comment

• Team I.G.A.S have every right to withhold that data, and whether or not you think it's stupid is irrelevant...are you working on restoring it? No...well then that's not your decision then...
          They never had to do this restoration in the first place so quit your whining and get real...just because you can't piss about with it......

Comment

• For every 10 positive people there will always be 2 assholes

Comment

• Originally posted by curse420 View Post
              For every 10 positive people there will always be 2 assholes
              i think is for every 100, there is 2. i am a dreamer.

Comment

• Lol you guys sucking his balls are the worst, I swear. Stop putting people down just because they ask questions you don´t want to hear.

Comment

• Originally posted by anaho View Post
                  Lol you guys sucking his balls are the worst, I swear. Stop putting people down just because they ask questions you don´t want to hear.
                  LOLOLOLOL TROLL ALERT!!

It's a simple case of people being grateful that they've given us the chance to experience this game. It's got nothing to do with questions we don't want to hear, it's to do with ungrateful people who think they have some kind of right over this game when they don't!

Simple as,

as said too, there would be so many false prototypes coming up and trying to be sold off.

The true irony is the people who complain about the 1.5 drama are the ones making it them fucking selves.
                  4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

• Double post issue. Please excuse this.
                    Last edited by Aydan; 04-10-2013, 05:07 PM.
                    4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

• Originally posted by anaho View Post
                      Lol you guys sucking his balls are the worst, I swear. Stop putting people down just because they ask questions you don´t want to hear.
                      Not questions, but when people throw a tantrum because their questions aren't answered or they're not getting what they want.

Comment

• Friggin' Mos Eisley

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        Personally, I'd be worried about the whole rash of 80% complete, buy it for $1000 dollar deals that will likely happen if people have easy access to the source data.
                        That's a very good concern. We've basically seen this shit every single time there's been new media of 1.5 around.

Comment

• Still dont go with the fact that its been encrypted. It should be freely open, since its really not their data to begin with.
                          There is not reason to encrypt it besides 1 thing:
                          "Copyright".
                          This "Team" is locking the data so no one "Steals" it. Unfortunately for them, its not even theirs to encrypt.

And how does complain make me look like a bad guy? I appreciate the work but still think we should have open access. This way, it would be easy to craft our own hacks and mods for the release, and possibly expand on their work ourselves.

But since im not going to get through, ill just wait for someone to either leak a unencrypted version or ill wait till someone cracks the encryption. Eitherway.
                          Last edited by ccrogers15; 04-10-2013, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• not sure what you talk about. there is no encryption. maybe best you not talk of subject if you not understand?

on other hand, how we have chose to spend our time and money and how we treat asset we make is for us to make decide and not you.

Comment

• OK. No killing eachother here now.

Originally posted by ccrogers15 View Post
                              I appreciate the work but still think we should have open access. This way, it would be easy to craft our own hacks and mods for the release, and possibly expand on their work ourselves.
                              As it's already been pointed out, there's not really any encryption present on the build that was leaked. Doesn't exactly take a genius to figure that part out. And if you believe there's encryption on it, I feel all hope of seeing anything noteworthy on the hacking front coming from you being reduced to the absolute bare minimum thanks to the lack of the appropriate technical know how to even identify specific types of data without a filename and an extension to go with it. So I guess you'll have to wait for "Hack.exe" to be made by someone else, as is the case with probably all other tools someone's already made ready for you so you can "hack" games

Anyway, excluding the file list makes sense, as it's completely redundant on the PS1 in a game that doesn't utilize it for anything at all. Like most "proper" PS1 games, the Resident Evil games all utilize LBA references for where to get its data, rather than a file name. This significantly decreases seek time by telling the system directly where to get its data, rather than have it check whether or not a file exists, to then start looking for where that file exists. Optimization and resource management is a funny little chapter they don't focus enough on in game design schools these days. Most file lists on the PS1 are merely there since the discs themselves were mastered with Sony's old PlayStation CD Creation tools, but they serve absolutely no purpose to the game in most cases.

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
                                No restart. We would base new data from 80% to expand current builds.
                                Awesome. Thanks!.

Originally posted by DSC View Post
                                River west/eastside look surprisingly similar to Raccoon City, it is actually kind of shocking.
                                I'm not too familiar with Riverwest but from what little I've seen of it you def. have a point. As for Historic Mitchell area, it looks too looks like Raccoon City as well but AFTER the nuclear warheads fell XP.
                                Last edited by Lead belly; 04-10-2013, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X