Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
    Maybe I should post more. Please do not fight. Spread the love.
    LOL you have posted and answered so many of our questions and most of us are very grateful

were looking forward to what ever update comes next

Comment

• I can't wait until they release the basic demo of the RPD in a fully playable state like they said they would release

I'd love to see another interesting update pic from you through Birkin It's always exciting to see progress
      4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aydan View Post
        I can't wait until they release the basic demo of the RPD in a fully playable state like they said they would release
        Until items are not usable we can not. Yes boys. Game can not use items for events. Looking for solutions.
        “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

Until items are not usable we can not. Yes boys. Game can not use items for events. Looking for solutions.
          So that means that you can't use a key to open a locked door yet?

Fingers crossed it can be fixed, but if not I'm sure there's way to 'streamline' the experience of going through the game.

An example would be to make a copy of every room, and say RPD lobby 1 has a locked door and cant be opened until you went to another room, when you come back it becomes RPD2, and the door is open for example. Probably awkward but it's just an idea.
          Last edited by Aydan; 04-12-2013, 06:38 PM.
          4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

• Doors use different code. 1.5 can not have locked doors because the code only triggers transition. I will fix them like I did for save points. What I mean is USE option in menu does nothing. It only displays the can not use item message.
            “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• Ohhh!! Well, in most instances items are automatic, for example, clicking on a card reader would say 'will you use the card?' and do it for you automatically USE function seems to work fine for first aid sprays etc though

Would it be easy to make it work automatically like, when 'investigating' fire for example it checks if you have a fire extinguisher and if you do it asks if you wish to use it

Also that is good news about doors and locks

Thanks for letting me know though, it's interesting to know what needs to be worked on and how it's done
              Last edited by Aydan; 04-12-2013, 07:01 PM.
              4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

• Only a few items would fit the automatic USE category. The rest needs to be used manually like in retail. I will research a solution. Maybe it is easier than I think.

Comment

• Yeah that's true, but maybe, JUST maybe, if you can't, it would be a good alternative

Best of luck!!

And thanks for having an almost open conversation here with me!

Sorry people, don't mean to hijack the thread!
                  4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

• Fixed Air Jesus was a good trial. Maybe this is too but easier.

Comment

• In what way can items not be used? Is it not possible for you to use an item in any way? I understand a lot of these functions are missing from the original build, but in what way is this presenting its self as a problem? Is it more to do with the actual function of USE as opposed to creating an event with an item, setting the necessary flags and having it effect the rooms? From a coding perspective I have no idea how this might be effecting you and the solutions you might have to come up with to fix the problem.
                      Last edited by Guest; 04-12-2013, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Think of the fireplace event in retail. You select the lighter and use it. 1.5 can not do that. Every event item to use on something does nothing. The game only prints can not use message. The code to make interact item with event does not exist. I need to add handlers in menu to make them work like in retail. It is not an issue with events but with incomplete menu code.
                        Last edited by D.Birkin; 04-12-2013, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Think of the fireplace event in retail. You select the lighter and use it. 1.5 can not do that. Every event item to use on something does nothing. The game only prints can not use message. The code to make interact item with event does not exist. I need to add handlers in menu to make them work like in retail. It is not an issue with events but with incomplete menu code.
                          I see, thanks. Glad to know it's a problem more to do with the menu and not the implementation of items in event scripting because that sounds like it would be a nightmare! So what actually happens from a code perspective in retail Biohazard 2, or even the original Biohazard, when you click USE? Where does the game look for its response? Because each item has its own unique purpose and from what I've observed items are used in events in many different ways, it sounds almost like what might be a fix for one item might not necessarily be a fix for another one.

Comment

• Hey D.Birkin, would it be possible to get a log of the current fixes and so on. Pretty much how emu. developers give logs for every new update to an emulator. I think that would give people some sense of relief rather then complain. Just a suggestion but it's okay if it can't happen.

Comment

• @D.Birkin

How about releasing a bonus game as a demo first? A BH3-style Mercenaries Mode for instance, whereby you just run around the RPD while killing various enemies and surviving until the end point and/or time-limit expiration. This would allow for two good things: not ruining the surprise and not needing to be able to use any items! What do you think?

Comment

• I made a recreation of the 1.5 factory lobby with some stuff I was using for a mod project. Hope you guys like it.

Spoiler:
                                Seibu teh geimu?
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X