Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
    Indeed it has, doesn't mean it always has to be, though.
    Sure, if the 16 year storyline suddenly ceases. Apart from that, you'll just get one-off characters like Carlos, Billy and Sheva.
    Last edited by News Bot; 04-18-2013, 11:54 AM.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Leon and Ada's story in RE2 was, in the scheme of the series, more palatable. I don't feel it's shoe-horned in or tacked on, at all. Neither confesses their "love" for each other. At the end of the game, I took it to mean that both characters had developed feelings for each other, and Ada even literally states at one point, that she cares about Leon, ie: she doesn't want any harm to come to him. The developers smartly avoided the cliché here, while making it more realistic. It is possible to develop feelings for, and care about someone, especially in such a situation. On another level too, it was to act as a contrast to Ada's role as a cold, calculating spy, where it is implied her past is strewn with manipulation, and that she's never really felt any real emotion towards anyone. The great thing here too, is, at least in my opinion, it leaves the door open to the possibility that she was manipulating Leon as well. Latter games seem to align more congruently with this notion.
      Last edited by doriantoki; 04-18-2013, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• "I'm just a woman who fell in love with you."
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
          Leon and Ada's story in RE2 was, in the scheme of the series, more palatable. I don't feel it's shoe-horned in or tacked on, at all. Neither confesses their "love" for each other. At the end of the game, I took it to mean that both characters had developed feelings for each other, and Ada even literally states at one point, that she cares about Leon, ie: she doesn't want any harm to come to him. The developers smartly avoided the cliché here, while making it more realistic. It is possible to develop feelings for, and care about someone, especially in such a situation. On another level too, it was to act as a contrast to Ada's role as a cold, calculating spy, where it is implied her past is strewn with manipulation, and that she's never really felt any real emotion towards anyone. The great thing here too, is, at least in my opinion, it leaves the door open to the possibility that she was manipulating Leon as well. Latter games seem to align more congruently with this notion.
          Never thought of it like that .. She really screwed John over (RE1 researcher).. even using him as cover even though he was already dead.
          Although she cares for Leon, and it seems like she rally does care - she didn't have to give him the rocket launcher in RE2, or give him the keys to the Jetski in RE4 either .. why not just let him die? She had the mission wrapped up.. Simple - He saved her life several times.

Although she does say she fell in love with him in the canon scenario Leon B after being hit by Mr X.
          However, in the remake Darkside Chronicles, she only kisses him .. kinda the same thing really.. why kiss someone if you don't love them? Especially in the situation they are all in.

I'd like to think she loved Leon, maybe not later on in RE4, but definitely in RE2 - she puts the mission on hold for him - I guess this is the part I like about Leon A's scene - the gun she had was empty, she was never gonna shoot him. She hangs her head in shame when Leon says "You can't do that?!"

I think S D Perry's novel sets the right tone for Ada. She has to balance the mission against someone who saved her life.
          "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• What exploded while i was gone this time lol?

Comment

• In a way, too, in RE2, Leon is always in a position that would be beneficial to Ada, ie: has G-Virus/about to escape. It only makes sense that she would help him, because in these situations, her mission (and life) also depends on it. So, like you're saying, it's probably a combination of caring about the person, but also manipulating them at the same time. She doesn't shoot him because she realizes, that yes, she can't, but also that Leon now has the G-Virus, and he'll probably hand it over/willingly do what Ada asks. When she throws him the rocket launcher, it's ensuring that he will 100% kill the tyrant, allowing her safe passage to escape. This fits will with the fact that she throws Claire the rocket launcher too. Leon B muddies things up a little more though, since she doesn't really have anything to gain when she gets knocked out by mr. x. This corroborates the fact that, yes, she does care for him, but isn't above manipulating him when it suits her needs, as well.

Comment

• Resident evil is full of different kind love stories:
                - Leon & Ada (they fell in love from RE2)
                - John & Ada (John loves her)
                - Claire and Steve (Steve watching Claires ass scene?)
                - Wesker and Wesker (self love)
                .... I won't go any deeper.

btw, if you want love/drama and at same time survival gaming, switch to Silent Hill
                ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvin View Post
                  Resident evil is full of different kind love stories:
                  - Leon & Ada (they fell in love from RE2)
                  - John & Ada (John loves her)
                  - Claire and Steve (Steve watching Claires ass scene?)
                  - Wesker and Wesker (self love)
                  .... I won't go any deeper.

btw, if you want love/drama and at same time survival gaming, switch to Silent Hill
                  Nope. Silent Hill flew off course starting with the 4th one... oh wait, just like resident evil. What is it with games and the number 4?
                  Silent Hill died at 4, Resident evil at 4, spyro at 4, crash at 4, jak and daxter at 4... lol!

Also, dont forget claire cried like a little girl when steve bit the bullet. (Sorry people who i just spoiled.)
                  And when in REZero rebecca obviously started to care a bit for billy when he saved her life and told her his story, even to the point of lying to her superiors (And most likely the government later once they ask them what happened to billy)
                  Last edited by ccrogers15; 04-18-2013, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Leon and Ada's who relationship is possibly the most obvious minus that small thing with Claire and Steve. I honestly think that Ada is just playing hard to get. (Like me and my significant other doing the same to me lol no joke) Confession will eventually happen with Leon and Ada,Ada telling Leon her feelings. Besides it's got to happen seriously as the characters are getting older and such. Think about it,most of the characters are now timewise in their 30's. Something got to give.

Comment

• ^ Im sure eventually capcom with change the storyline a bit.
                      Sorta like Tomb Raider. In Tomb Raider 1-Angel of darkness lara was growing up. In TR Angel of darkness she became mid thirties.
                      Tomb raider legend she randomly became early 20`s while staying around the same year as AOD. Crystal said legend trilogy is 100% canon with the original games, so how did she get younger?

Anyways, I just remembered Bruce and Ling Fong or whatever her name is.

They got together at the end of Dead Aim.

Also toward the middle of this video it looks as if they go down on each other:
                      Last edited by ccrogers15; 04-18-2013, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• ^ LOL wow totally forgot about DA but then again it's been a long time. Who knows what's going to happen with the other RE characters. I'm curious as to if 1.5 WAS successful and complete how things would have been different? What RE3-6 would have been like. Even Survivor since it made reference to Leon. What ever happened to Ark Thompson is beyond me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                          ^ LOL wow totally forgot about DA but then again it's been a long time. Who knows what's going to happen with the other RE characters. I'm curious as to if 1.5 WAS successful and complete how things would have been different? What RE3-6 would have been like. Even Survivor since it made reference to Leon. What ever happened to Ark Thompson is beyond me.
                          Remember that 1.5 was planned to end the series, so we never would of got RE3.

Comment

• Actually regarding this love bit, in BIOHAZARD 2 she says something along the lines of "Reon wo daisukidesu". Or I love Leon. My memory is a bit wrong with the exact wording but it was along the lines of I love you. The english voice overs did not ever hint at this.
                            Last edited by Zombie_X; 04-18-2013, 04:57 PM.
                            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Odd. But ive noticed alot of the japan to english voice translations had some things cut out.

Comment

• I haven't played Leon B in ages, but in Leon A, she more or less says, indirectly, that she cares about him, and she doesn't want to lose him. With the kiss and all, it's a little more flagrant in Leon B, though. One of the many reasons I prefer the Leon A/Claire B pairings.

Comment

Working...
                                X