Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what the fuss is about the file system in 1.5 is. If anyone has some tech know how, you can extract the stuff easily. I really can't care less. I have already gotten everything extracted and as stated before, I won't release the teams work. I might release all the vanilla builds assets, but not the teams.

I remember years ago when I tried to extract God of War 2 files, that the disc was 4GB, but the main file size was 7GB. The extra GB's were hidden it seems. After making a proper dump those remaining files aren't visible at all. Luckily when burning a bcopy it burns and plays fine.
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
      I remember years ago when I tried to extract God of War 2 files, that the disc was 4GB, but the main file size was 7GB. The extra GB's were hidden it seems. After making a proper dump those remaining files aren't visible at all. Luckily when burning a bcopy it burns and plays fine.
      The PS2 has a terrible system of handling dual-layer data. All dual layer discs have a weird way of storing the second layer on the PS2, which is why most dumps/edits of dual layer discs utilize something called "flattening" (where you basically rebuild the entire disc as an oversized single layer disc; which both works with most normal burning software and on HDLoader)
      Last edited by Carnivol; 04-21-2013, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scream View Post
        The worst "file system" or whatever (well at least for ISOs) has to be ECM. I curse Neill Corlett for introducing that shit.
        Heh, mention of his name sure brings back memories, I use to know Neill Corlett, circa 1997-2001 (back in my emulation heyday). I was a friend of his and fellow op in #romhack back then where he hung out. Everytime I'd see him on IRC, I'd say "Neill, did you eat your chunky soup?" (old 90s commercial reference) and he'd always respond "Beefy!!!". X3

I never tried ECM, but I love his PSF, and the SD3 translation he worked on.

Comment

• I've noticed this dual layer thing before. It's odd as hell. It's like the second layer is completely hidden.
          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

The worst "file system" or whatever (well at least for ISOs) has to be ECM. I curse Neill Corlett for introducing that shit. Anyone ever successfully combine a bin, an "ape" and a cue before? RE 1.5 should of been released like that, no-one could crack it or use it properly then.

Note: the above is a rage against simple usability and not meant to be taken seriously!
            *insert troll rant*

Originally posted by Eteponge View Post
            Heh, mention of his name sure brings back memories, I use to know Neill Corlett, circa 1997-2001 (back in my emulation heyday). I was a friend of his and fellow op in #romhack back then where he hung out. Everytime I'd see him on IRC, I'd say "Neill, did you eat your chunky soup?" (old 90s commercial reference) and he'd always respond "Beefy!!!". X3

I never tried ECM, but I love his PSF, and the SD3 translation he worked on.
            I remember those days; was not part of any haxx0r group, but definitely remember everyone and their brother asking about xSF possibility for the Sony PSone.

...and then, it happened - free Final Fantasy OSTs for everyone! Gone, were the days of downloading MP3s with a 56k dial-up connection.

Good times.
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepatus View Post
              Birkin, any news with the error you've found a few days ago?
              Error about USE in menu? A solution was partically found. I need code implementation. Before I do that I fixed flickering error on real hardware. Game will not show intermitting black scanlines in door transitions and menu.
              “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• @D.Birkin

Splendid!

Also,

Originally posted by MrBZork
                yes. there is time for new video soon. subject to cover is either that of missing pieces or something dull.

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
                  Error about USE in menu? A solution was partically found. I need code implementation. Before I do that I fixed flickering error on real hardware. Game will not show intermitting black scanlines in door transitions and menu.
                  If I may ask, why is it examining things or opening the debug menu in game causes blood pools or shadows to disappear? If it a rendering error some something else?
                  My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• are you gonna add easy mode into the game?
                    please dont make the game as hard as code veronica or revelations
                    im so excited to play the game when its out, its hard to stay away from the mzd build

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                      *insert troll rant*

I remember those days; was not part of any haxx0r group, but definitely remember everyone and their brother asking about xSF possibility for the Sony PSone.

...and then, it happened - free Final Fantasy OSTs for everyone! Gone, were the days of downloading MP3s with a 56k dial-up connection.

Good times.
                      Ahhhh .... takes me WAAAAAY back to my 8-bit days, and chasing down hidden sectors, half-sectors, and extra tracks with my Commodore 64 and my trusty Indus GT disk drive. Gawd, was it that long ago? Still brings a smile to my face every time I think of them, though. I miss hacking. *sigh* You youngsters have it so good - and I mean that in a postive way.
                      Last edited by RMandel; 04-22-2013, 03:24 AM.
                      Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                      Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                        If I may ask, why is it examining things or opening the debug menu in game causes blood pools or shadows to disappear? If it a rendering error some something else?
                        Shadow sort error caused by status flag to freeze action. Leaked version shows it can be avoided.

Originally posted by weskerondope View Post
                        are you gonna add easy mode into the game?
                        We will use good balance. Difficulty modes are planned too.
                        “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• dbirkin: it may be that the raccon city of resident evil 1.5 consists of 2 rpd? If the Stars don't have room on resident evil 1.5

Comment

• D.Birkin, whether tucked away in the arms hanging shot zombies in some rooms and at any time without a fixed zombie death animation, I mean there should be a pool of blood and when a zombie dies, he does not have to disappear

Comment

• Yesterday morning I watched Maniac Cop 2 (great breakfast movie lol) - anybody see that? It's better than the first with Bruce Campbell IMO.

I noticed the police stations scenes had some similarity to both RE2/BH 1.5.. a dark, foreboding firing range, a bad guy with a Calico (which was kinda awesome as he switched between semi-auto and full auto while mowing down tons of police like Terminator and smashing windows and shit), also a similar office to RE2 retail (the one with the 2236 safe).. I guess you could stretch it and say the burning bad guy at the end and the way he fell from the building was similar to Mr. X... I wonder if it was on someone's watch list at Capcom.

Comment

Yesterday morning I watched Maniac Cop 2 (great breakfast movie lol) - anybody see that? It's better than the first with Bruce Campbell IMO.

I noticed the police stations scenes had some similarity to both RE2/BH 1.5.. a dark, foreboding firing range, a bad guy with a Calico (which was kinda awesome as he switched between semi-auto and full auto while mowing down tons of police like Terminator and smashing windows and shit), also a similar office to RE2 retail (the one with the 2236 safe).. I guess you could stretch it and say the burning bad guy at the end and the way he fell from the building was similar to Mr. X... I wonder if it was on someone's watch list at Capcom.
                                Makes me want to watch them again. Im sure your right. Most games find insperation somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X