Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems IGAS has all the tools needed to make a brand new retro RE game. Perhaps after their 1.5 project is done they will make a new one? Wishful thinking at least.
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
      It seems IGAS has all the tools needed to make a brand new retro RE game. Perhaps after their 1.5 project is done they will make a new one? Wishful thinking at least.
      Yeah maybe a RE re-remake using the old engine. Love to see 32bit crimsonheads and Lisa and pre-rendered areas not used originally.

Comment

• It'd be cool, but that's more of a novelty I think.

What I'd like to see is unlockable characters in BIO2, perhaps original characters from BIO1? Man playing as barry and running around the RPD would be pretty cool.
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

It'd be cool, but that's more of a novelty I think.

What I'd like to see is unlockable characters in BIO2, perhaps original characters from BIO1? Man playing as barry and running around the RPD would be pretty cool.
          Barry's model from Bio1 can be ported, in a matter of minutes.

A few people (myself included) have released that "mod", and several others originating from Bio1 (Jill, Chris, Wesker, etc), many years ago. Search the re123 forum.
          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

It'd be cool, but that's more of a novelty I think.

Yeah that would be cool too. Even in EB.

Comment

• How do you handle rooms that link on to two versions lit and normal?,
              the armory and firing range for example how does the game know which rdt to load when you exit the room?,
              does it have some previous event flag that tells it you entered from a lit or normal rdt and so should reload that rdt upon exiting the room? like having two door codes for one door how does it distinguish between the two? wouldn't it be easier to have the lit and normal rdt's as a single rdt and have a bigger bss file to store the lit and normal backgrounds like room309 elza corridor puzzle.

Comment

It seems IGAS has all the tools needed to make a brand new retro RE game. Perhaps after their 1.5 project is done they will make a new one? Wishful thinking at least.
                I think I remember Birken saying he would like to make a game based on resident evil caliban cove.
                that was a great book , I'm sure it would make a great classic game if the team had the time to make another game , But it would take them a very long time Id guess because they would have design everything from scratch.

but let's see how there 1.5 project comes along first

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                  How do you handle rooms that link on to two versions lit and normal?,
                  the armory and firing range for example how does the game know which rdt to load when you exit the room?,
                  does it have some previous event flag that tells it you entered from a lit or normal rdt and so should reload that rdt upon exiting the room? like having two door codes for one door how does it distinguish between the two? wouldn't it be easier to have the lit and normal rdt's as a single rdt and have a bigger bss file to store the lit and normal backgrounds like room309 elza corridor puzzle.
                  There's all kinds of programming ways you could handle that. I'm not conversant with the C code that the game uses, but my past programming experience tells me it could be something as simple as an event flag. Even a conditional flag (the old IF-THEN of BASIC) would work. For example, in the Lab ... IF the central power core has exploded, THEN load up the "fire" versions of a given P4 level room instead of a "normal" one. The event flag would work somewhat the same way. Let's use the Factory level as an example. EVENT - The zombies break through the lobby glass to attack Marvin. RESULT - From now own, one of the Lobby's glass panes will be broken out any time the room is loaded. All you're doing in either case is setting a flag, and the game would check for that flag - or any other similar flags - any time you go into a given room. I've probably oversimplified things quite a bit, but that's one way to do it.

It's always a lot easier, from a modular programming point-of-view, to break things down as simply as you can. Just because you can put everything into one big file doesn't mean you should. That invites what we old hands used to call "bulldozer code" - where it's all just one big mass you plow straight through. Just because I CAN put all of the backgrounds into one BSS (or BIN) file doesn't mean I should - especially if the game is still under development. There's a lot of code and resource duplication in classic RE games - but if you think of that duplication in terms of modules, tied around each "player game" or specific game events and plot branches, then a lot of that duplication starts to make sense. Add to that the hardware's limitations, and it makes even more sense. It's actually more effective under those conditions to swap around a bunch of small modules - or different versions of a given room, tied to specific flags to trigger their use - than it is to have everything in one big ungainly mass you have to fish around in to find what you need. It also makes for faster loading times, too - especially if hardware limitations are involved. For example - given the choice of loading room data on an actual PSX, with its old (and slow) CD-ROM drive, as either one big file with EVERYTHING in it, or two (or even three or four) separate and smaller files - for different versions of that same room depending on events in the game - that will load in far less time ... well, you see what I mean.
                  Last edited by RMandel; 04-23-2013, 04:45 AM.
                  Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                  Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• ^Read your post, then saw your avatar and almost burst out laughing for some reason

Comment

• Originally posted by RMandel View Post
                      There's all kinds of programming ways you could handle that. I'm not conversant with the C code that the game uses, but my past programming experience tells me it could be something as simple as an event flag. Even a conditional flag (the old IF-THEN of BASIC) would work. For example, in the Lab ... IF the central power core has exploded, THEN load up the "fire" versions of a given P4 level room instead of a "normal" one. The event flag would work somewhat the same way. Let's use the Factory level as an example. EVENT - The zombies break through the lobby glass to attack Marvin. RESULT - From now own, one of the Lobby's glass panes will be broken out any time the room is loaded. All you're doing in either case is setting a flag, and the game would check for that flag - or any other similar flags - any time you go into a given room. I've probably oversimplified things quite a bit, but that's one way to do it.

It's always a lot easier, from a modular programming point-of-view, to break things down as simply as you can. Just because you can put everything into one big file doesn't mean you should. That invites what we old hands used to call "bulldozer code" - where it's all just one big mass you plow straight through. Just because I CAN put all of the backgrounds into one BSS (or BIN) file doesn't mean I should - especially if the game is still under development. There's a lot of code and resource duplication in classic RE games - but if you think of that duplication in terms of modules, tied around each "player game" or specific game events and plot branches, then a lot of that duplication starts to make sense. Add to that the hardware's limitations, and it makes even more sense. It's actually more effective under those conditions to swap around a bunch of small modules - or different versions of a given room, tied to specific flags to trigger their use - than it is to have everything in one big ungainly mass you have to fish around in to find what you need. It also makes for faster loading times, too - especially if hardware limitations are involved. For example - given the choice of loading room data on an actual PSX, with its old (and slow) CD-ROM drive, as either one big file with EVERYTHING in it, or two (or even three or four) separate and smaller files - for different versions of that same room depending on events in the game - that will load in far less time ... well, you see what I mean.
                      I see what you mean about the big rdt code but for the BSS's it only loads one bs background at a time into the memory not the full bss file, the bs's also contain 32K of unread dummy data, by that I mean each BS is 64K but the last 32K of each file isn't read, x's that by every room and every background angle and that's quite alot of wasted disc space for every bs that's loaded it has to skip 16 sectors at a time for no reason if anything that's slowing the game down not making it run faster.
                      Last edited by Mikhail; 04-23-2013, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• Dbirkin: l the zombies behind prison bars do not grab the player while he is close to them, you could repair the zombie movement while grabbing the player?

you could put on a room of rpd claire redfield's corpse lying dead on the ground in a pool of blood? It would be nice as Easter eggs.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackpower View Post
                          Dbirkin: l the zombies behind prison bars do not grab the player while he is close to them, you could repair the zombie movement while grabbing the player?

you could put on a room of rpd claire redfield's corpse lying dead on the ground in a pool of blood? It would be nice as Easter eggs.
                          The zombies here are bugged out on the whole, look at how fast their arms move.......This is one of the things i really hope can be fixed

Comment

• From what I can tell there's no animations for it. I'm pretty confident they could do something with animations from RE2 and RE3, or worst comes to worst use their models for the arms coming through the cells like the ones that come through windows.
                            Last edited by Guest; 04-23-2013, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• I wonder what they're going to be doing about music that we have heard from the trailers but aren't present on the disk. Remake them, perhaps? The sewer BGM in that short promo video of Elza in the sewer spider corridor was pretty sweet.
                              Seibu teh geimu?
                              ---

Comment

• Originally posted by blackpower View Post
                                No, It wouldn't. After all this would kinda be a stupid easter egg. I think they said they wanted to make a Retail-like experience, not a "all what fanboys like" experience. I think most of the guys here will agree to me.
                                Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X