Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
    How do you handle rooms that link on to two versions lit and normal?
    Code:
    static void room_init()
    {
    	if(Flg_ck(Scenario_flg,SCEFLG_B1_LIT)) door.room=0x27;
    	else door.room=0x18;
    	_door_aot_set(door);
    }
    Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
    I see what you mean about the big rdt code but for the BSS's it only loads one bs background at a time into the memory not the full bss file, the bs's also contain 32K of unread dummy data, by that I mean each BS is 64K but the last 32K of each file isn't read, x's that by every room and every background angle and that's quite alot of wasted disc space for every bs that's loaded it has to skip 16 sectors at a time for no reason if anything that's slowing the game down not making it run faster.
    Unread dummy? There is no unread dummy.

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
    I wonder what they're going to be doing about music that we have heard from the trailers but aren't present on the disk. Remake them, perhaps? The sewer BGM in that short promo video of Elza in the sewer spider corridor was pretty sweet.
    Who knows. Maybe we create it or maybe we do not.

Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
    I think I remember Birken saying he would like to make a game based on resident evil caliban cove.
    My name is Birkin. And I like the idea of Caliban Cove but it is just an idea.

Originally posted by blackpower View Post
    you could put on a room of rpd claire redfield's corpse lying dead on the ground in a pool of blood? It would be nice as Easter eggs.
    Claire is not dead.
    “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
      Code:
      static void room_init()
      {
      	if(Flg_ck(Scenario_flg,SCEFLG_B1_LIT)) door.room=0x27;
      	else door.room=0x18;
      	_door_aot_set(door);
      }
      You didn't explain how to use this? Is it room script, or C Code injection?

Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
      My name is Birkin. And I like the idea of Caliban Cove but it is just an idea.
      Such a project would take a considerable amount of time, no?

Would you use a pre-existing engine, or create one anew?

The creative freedom would be fantastic... all assets would have to be hand-made from imagination!
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
        Unread dummy? There is no unread dummy.
        Take the 1st bs of ROOM117.BSS for example only sectors 17749-17759 are read instead of 17749-17780. Also there is ZNULL.DAT at sectors 47455-62604 no?

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
          You didn't explain how to use this? Is it room script, or C Code injection?
          It is C code. BIO bytecode is not necessary.

Such a project would take a considerable amount of time, no?

Would you use a pre-existing engine, or create one anew?
          A lot with pre-made engine. 1.5 would be a good start.

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
          Take the 1st bs of ROOM117.BSS for example only sectors 17749-17759 are read instead of 17749-17780. Also there is ZNULL.DAT at sectors 47455-62604 no?
          Optimized reads. Full 64 KB can be used.
          “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• 640x480 backgrounds?

Comment

• No. ;) For 640x480 data should be bigger. Maybe 120 KB.

Comment

• Very impressive D.Birkin, is this pure C injection in action?
                ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

• so then...have you looked into increasing BG resolution? whats the deal with that?

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                    so then...have you looked into increasing BG resolution? whats the deal with that?
                    I have not. I know the resolution can be changed and already did for some new menu. Remember our last making of video? Picture illustrator runs in 640x480 interlace mode. Resolution change is possible but very troublesome and brings no real advantages.

Originally posted by Marvin View Post
                    Very impressive D.Birkin, is this pure C injection in action?
                    At its peak.

Comment

• On an related note, I'll be sending my custom instruction book for BIO2 to the manufacturer shortly. I am just working out the kinks in it first. There's going to be some juicy info in the instruction book regarding the story and characters.

Here's some images from it ;)

Click image for larger version

Name:	page04.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	552.0 KB
ID:	402879 Click image for larger version

Name:	page10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	580.9 KB
ID:	402880
                      Last edited by Zombie_X; 04-23-2013, 09:57 PM.
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                        On an related note, I'll be sending my custom instruction book for BIO2 to the manufacturer shortly. I am just working out the kinks in it first. There's going to be some juicy info in the instruction book regarding the story and characters.

Here's some images from it ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8658[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8659[/ATTACH]
                        Awesome work. I hope you dont mind if I correct a typo? When reading about the item box I read "with be essential" rather then "will be essential"

Comment

• I apologize if I missed a memo somewhere, but are you working with the team and/or getting info from them for this manual? Because if so, that's pretty nifty. You'll definitely have to post a link where people can buy this once they're all printed up!

Comment

• We have our men on booklet production and paging. PDF will be available when done.

Comment

• Wow this really is a full scale development going on with 1.5. I'm curious to ask if anything of this magnitude has been done in the past, in gaming. Acquiring an un-released proto and attempting to finish it via bug fixes , code addition, new content.... Has anything like this ever happened in the past? I know that there have been various fan-translations done on games, such as Mother 3.

E: wtf is up with the thread title being edited again...? Dare I go back the few pages and take a gander..
                              Last edited by Guest; 04-24-2013, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by skyrunner14 View Post
                                I apologize if I missed a memo somewhere, but are you working with the team and/or getting info from them for this manual? Because if so, that's pretty nifty. You'll definitely have to post a link where people can buy this once they're all printed up!
                                No aren't working together While it's regrettable it is also fully understandable.

It's just a group of three people making this all possible. I handle the making of the manual, another gets it printed/packaged, and the third is providing some nice exclusive info on 1.5 for me to use in the manual. The bulk of the story and events is known but I have some info that isn't out there yet and will be made available after the manual is printed.

The manual will be finished this week for sure and will be sent out for printing. Was anyone interested in one at all? It will be sent out along with the CD case insert and will also have custom printed discs (professionally labeled blank black CD-R's). The end result will look very retail and I'll even have a faux registration card made for it.
                                Last edited by Zombie_X; 04-24-2013, 06:36 PM.
                                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
                                X