Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might be totally wrong but i think RE1.5 allows for code to be modified as easily as the RE2 beta (as opposed to RE2 retail). D.Birkin said he gets inspiration from RE2 beta when thinking of solving coding problems iirc.
    Last edited by Lead belly; 04-27-2013, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• Let me just say a million thank yous to everyone involved in this project... Right now this is honestly my most wanted game of 2013, assuming it releases this year.

To any devs on this forum - are you targeting a specific date to finish the project, or at least a specific season?

Comment

• Update to all,

I will also make an EBOOT compatible manual to use with the EBOOT version of 1.5. Initial testing shows it will work perfectly. Also the run of printed discs will cost a total of $69 for 50, or $99 for 100.

I don't yet have my sample disc, but I have seens what it will look like and the finish is similar tot hat of inkjet disks, but much better colors (along with brightness and contrast) than normal inkjet discs.

Also that's quite a change!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	mhcM3i.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	402893 Click image for larger version

Name:	W5fFm4.png
Views:	1
Size:	475.0 KB
ID:	402895 Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX.EXE_27042013_214059_0752.jpg
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	402894 Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX.EXE_27042013_214643_0319.jpg
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	402896
        Last edited by Zombie_X; 04-27-2013, 09:51 PM.
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Is good to know that. So the disc will cost $1-2, eh? That is a good price. Thank's for the effort in that!

Comment

• I'm thinking about $3 each but we'll come to that road eventually. If anyone wants to try a beta of ym manual, let me know.
            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
              I wonder how hard it is to do the injection. I would think injecting C based code into a game would require more work than what we think. I think that they have the modify the engine to use C based commands otherwise it wouldn't accept the code. Does this sound about right?

D.Birkin if you could clear this up it would be appreciated.
              Only way for engine to "use" c based commands would it to be merged with BASH. . Well not really .

C-injection in itself is nothing really *very* magical. It's is actually one common form of reverse engineering. I have done it in x86 world, but it is basically same in every archidecture i guess. What it really means is that you compile your C code to machine code (and ORG of code must match the place you insert the code, if its 1000 then machine code generated from your c code must be aligned by that). Then after you have merged the code you can run it. I am not sure about PSX world and psx memory management, but in PC world there are things called Code Caves, They are memory holes in executables. After you have placed some code into Code Cave you can use it, you can modify exe even so that its file size wont change. This is high level stuff. If you look at how most of viruses work, then they do the very same thing, at first they put additional JMP (jump) call in front of code (execution start), they copy following original routine to new place (usually at the end of program space), do theyr nasty stuff and then simply RET (return)

But what is magical, is how it's done in PSX world. It would require very good solid R3000A assembly language reading/writing (this is the part where most of the reguar hackers fall out). A very good understanding of PSX archidecture.
              And of course one must be a wizard of C language. And he or she must have PSY-Q library docs open constantly...

During old days when I wanted to recreate 1.5 from scratch I knew some of these stuff. Eventually I gave up. Technically too challenging to my brain, and I got occupied with other stuff.
              ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8673[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8675[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8674[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8676[/ATTACH]
                That's really great, keep up the good work!

Comment

I wonder how hard it is to do the injection.
                  Become familiar with engines and injection is only matter of time.

I would think injecting C based code into a game would require more work than what we think. I think that they have the modify the engine to use C based commands otherwise it wouldn't accept the code. Does this sound about right?
                  You are confusing things a lot. ;) C is a language translated to machine-compatible instructions when compiled. What language one uses matters little. What matters is targeted machine binary languages.

Originally posted by synce View Post
                  To any devs on this forum - are you targeting a specific date to finish the project, or at least a specific season?
                  No planned period.
                  Last edited by D.Birkin; 04-28-2013, 07:38 AM.
                  “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• So a cd version of it will cost, and the download of it will be free?

Comment

Update to all,

I will also make an EBOOT compatible manual to use with the EBOOT version of 1.5. Initial testing shows it will work perfectly. Also the run of printed discs will cost a total of $69 for 50, or $99 for 100.

I don't yet have my sample disc, but I have seens what it will look like and the finish is similar tot hat of inkjet disks, but much better colors (along with brightness and contrast) than normal inkjet discs.

Also that's quite a change!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8673[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8675[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8674[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8676[/ATTACH]
                      Will your disc be bootable on a PSX/PS2 without the need of a chip?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ohmycod View Post
                        So a cd version of it will cost, and the download of it will be free?
                        Sorry for a double post but I wanted to answer this.

What you are paying for is more like a novelty. In other words something that was never released but is now in the form of Zombie X's disc. Think of it like owning an original psx disc and not a fan project. That was his goal. He even went so far as to get the black back-sided discs for so reason. I am in fact going to purchase it, yeah sure I can download it for free however it would be nicer to have it on a more legit disc than an iso. Also it was his hard work that I'd be paying for also which is worth purchasing also. Besides I can rub it in my friends faces that I have 1.5
                        Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 04-28-2013, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• hmm... what is with sudden attempt to monetize and commercialize this? is this sudden street market of silver factory is alive? another week, another sad

Comment

• Well the bloke making the cd's is merely charging for the game manuals and cd production which is fair enough. But at the same time I thought this was going to originally be a free download only...

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
                              hmm... what is with sudden attempt to monetize and commercialize this? is this sudden street market of silver factory is alive? another week, another sad
                              Sad indeed, especially illegal.

Attempting to profit from another's work, and possibly complicating and/or getting the entire project canceled with unnecessary attention... shameful.

IGAS isn't going to profit, so what gives anyone else the right?

Originally posted by Ohmycod View Post
                              Well the bloke making the cd's is merely charging for the game manuals and cd production which is fair enough. But at the same time I thought this was going to originally be a free download only...
                              The final product will be free, for everyone to enjoy.

In addition, IGAS hinted to having professionals working to create high-quality PDF manuals. Again, they will be free.
                              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• I'd say fair enough if the manuals 'n' everything were for non profit (as I originally thought, still might be, not sure) but gaining money is a bit iffy. Anyway, I'm pretty sure D.Birkin said they were working on a pdf manual. We have printers, old ps1 boxes (Dismantle a shit ps1 game box), blank discs and label printing software, so I think we can sort that bit out. So yeah Zombie_X even though personally I wouldn't buy one of your prints (due to I'd rather make my own) I support it as a non-profit scheme. Also you may say your time is worth money, but can that really be used as an excuse in this situation? Sorry it's been bugging me a while and someone actually said something.

Comment

Working...
                                X