Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ccrogers15 View Post
    Have you at all had a look at most horror games from the 90`s voice acting?
    Yea...

90% of them sound like they are reading from a storybook to children.

If this is retail quality VO, RE2 still did not have *That* good of VO.
    The only Top of the line VO in RE2 was Alyson Courts and Sally Cahill. The rest pretty much were as i said, Elementary storytime.
    I think RE3 presented a giant leap in VO quality for the series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
      I think RE3 presented a giant leap in VO quality for the series.
      I agree with you, aside from the minor characters and carlos VO that is...

The best voice over in that game was Jill. Catherine nailed the part. Disappoints me they dropped her voice. RE1 and RE3 jill was cooler, and the voice fit her tough girl attitude. I think because of RE Remake they changed her Voice to over sexualize her.

Comment

• Resident Evil 2 had relatively good voice acting. Ada, Leon and Claire were very convincing and nobody here can do something similar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
          Resident Evil 2 had relatively good voice acting. Ada, Leon and Claire were very convincing and nobody here can do something similar.
          They were all awesome, but noone in RE2 can beat Marvin in "who are you.... oh... you must be the new guy, Leon..."

Comment

• Marvin's VA was fine. His lines were just translated badly and were awkward as all fuck. Only so much anyone could've done with it.
            Last edited by News Bot; 05-23-2013, 03:29 PM.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              Marvin's VA was fine. His lines were just translated badly and were awkward as all fuck. Only so much anyone could've done with it.
              I agree; I think that bad translations have generally plagued the older RE games far more than bad voice acting.

As for Jill's RE1/DC voice actress, she sounds like a Great Lakes tomboy to me, and not in a bad way, but rather in a plausible way; it made it easier for yanks like me to relate to her.
              Last edited by Enigmatism415; 05-23-2013, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Well, only RE1 struck me as having really bad and funny voice acting, but as said previously, it felt so forced it was probably done on purpose. I usually expect the best in video games and especially anime, and I honestly always enjoyed RE2's voice acting, especially Leon and Ada. Ada had such a serious and sexy voice... so much better than in all other games in which she appears.

Comment

• the worse voice acting award would have to go to sega saturns Deep Fear game , very fun game but the voice acting is just lol.
                  One guy tries to talk like a lady clearly he his gay but no gay person talks like that , even some that do talk feminine.
                  A complete recording of the entire first disc of Deep Fear (PAL version). This was all recorded from actual hardware with a legitimate copy of the game. No e...

look at 1:01 on the video.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                    Ada, Leon and Claire were very convincing and nobody here can do something similar.
                    speak for yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
                      the worse voice acting award would have to go to sega saturns Deep Fear game , very fun game but the voice acting is just lol.
                      One guy tries to talk like a lady clearly he his gay but no gay person talks like that , even some that do talk feminine.
                      A complete recording of the entire first disc of Deep Fear (PAL version). This was all recorded from actual hardware with a legitimate copy of the game. No e...

look at 1:01 on the video.
                      That just made my day. Lmao.

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                        speak for yourself.
                        Since you're obviously a good voice actor we're all waiting for you to post something on youtube.

Comment

• Here is a solution. We hold a VO competition. That way we have an idea for who can play who. Think of it as AI but with VO. Maybe give some lines to the person who wants to play a certain character.

Comment

• If I had a decent mic I'd totes do some VO. It's really not that hard. But I suppose there has to be a little actor in you cause that's what youre doing.

Comment

• Sounds like a fun challenge. If I can get a mic stand I'll definitely give a Leon voice a try.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccrogers15 View Post
                                I agree with you, aside from the minor characters and carlos VO that is...

The best voice over in that game was Jill. Catherine nailed the part. Disappoints me they dropped her voice. RE1 and RE3 jill was cooler, and the voice fit her tough girl attitude. I think because of RE Remake they changed her Voice to over sexualize her.
                                I actually think the voice actors in rebirth did a good job. They had to impersonate the originals whilst giving a better quality voice. Before the credits I actually thought it was the originals re doing it, unfortunately it wasn't. But I was thoroughly impressed with voice work.

Comment

Working...
                                X