Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I was hoping the code would be simpler since it'd be cool if some things were simpler. I'm sure by studying the code you can replicate it's effect, right? I have no experience with coding so I do make bad assumptions.

And yes, I can tell from the screenshot that's it's from RE2. I've played enough RE2 to spot the animations quite well. Even the flamethrower animation looked like it was ported over. I expect that the Grenade Launcher needs new frames as well then since it causes the character to do a different animation. Since you guys can port animations over, it should be an easy fix there, but getting it functioning is quite different, no?

For the Grenade Launcher, which type are you going for? I mean will it be a pump style launcher, a manual loading single shot, or a magazine driven one (like in RE1)?

Oh and is the Colt Python working yet sir? If so, what differences will it have over the Super Redhawk?

Sorry for so many questions! I am too anxious.
    Last edited by Zombie_X; 05-26-2013, 02:36 AM.
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
      Well I was hoping the code would be simpler since it'd be cool if some things were simpler. I'm sure by studying the code you can replicate it's effect, right? I have no experience with coding so I do make bad assumptions.
      No need to port things from other games. Rocket Launcher ESP code is smaller than 20 lines of C. What gives me nightmares is menu code.

I expect that the Grenade Launcher needs new frames as well then since it causes the character to do a different animation. Since you guys can port animations over, it should be an easy fix there, but getting it functioning is quite different, no?
      Weapons like many things in BIO engines have code to manage behaviour. Animations are only a minor part of restoration task. For example Rocket Launcher has no aim up and aim down. Code controls that behaviour and must ignore up / down input. New solution for managing weapons makes many feature implementations easy and limitless.

For the Grenade Launcher, which type are you going for? I mean will it be a pump style launcher, a manual loading single shot, or a magazine driven one (like in RE1)?
      EX 41 by NOSL. Loads 3 rounds and only needs for stack reload after third shot. It will be different than BIO2 M79.

Oh and is the Colt Python working yet sir? If so, what differences will it have over the Super Redhawk?
      Unknown weapon is a secret.
      Last edited by D.Birkin; 05-26-2013, 03:14 AM.
      “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
        Well I was hoping the code would be simpler since it'd be cool if some things were simpler. I'm sure by studying the code you can replicate it's effect, right? I have no experience with coding so I do make bad assumptions.
        At it's simplist code is just a long string of if's and then's...for example

#IF
        #on thia
        #AND
        #question asked
        #THEN
        #answer question
        #JUMP @next command in chain

This is the basis for most, if not all code languages, of course they all have slightly different ways of writing it and things get a lot more complicated with high level constructions...and out of my knowledge...so yes, such things can be ported from one game to another, but it takes alot of knowledge, time and experience...oh and the ability to read assembly code -shudders-
        Last edited by MeatSMurderer; 05-26-2013, 03:20 AM.

Comment

• Speaking of code, this is not really RE 1.5 related but its on my mind so ill ask, because possibly I.G.A.S knows:
          Did anyone ever figure out what engine the original RE trilogy used? People seem to keep saying it was a heavily modified quake engine, but that seems very incorrect.

Comment

• Quake engine? No. O.o
            Last edited by D.Birkin; 05-26-2013, 03:20 AM.
            “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• Aren't most PS1 games just the developers own engine that they built from the ground up? RE2 and RE3 seem to be heavily built on top of RE1's engine which would be the original. Infact, I don't think engine licensing was as common in the 90's as it is now? Hadn't Unreal just come out and DooM's engine wasn't used commercially? (Only for DooM?)
              No idea.

Comment

• Unknown weapon is a secret

Thank you Birkin for keeping some things secret, it's nice to know I will be able to play the game and not know what to expect.

Comment

• Everybody pretty much had their own custom graphics engine. There wasn't any real standard as such. There were lots of reasons - available hardware and hardware limitations, programming language preference, desired balance between speed and gameplay (this was the 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit world back then), geographic distance between potential development partners (we had the Internet, but access was very limited then). That why you had so many. Capcom had their own, id Software had their own, LucasArts had their own (remember Dark Forces?), 3D Realms had the BUILD engine, and true 32-bit polygonal textured graphics were still taking their baby steps. Hell, even the ability to texture 3D objects, not to mention multiple ones, was only a few years old. Whenever you could get away with it, you cheated with 2D sprites and sprite animation ... or with other methods (*cough* multiplane graphics *cough*). Coders back then would have just about given their right arm for the resources you youngsters take for granted today.
                  Last edited by RMandel; 05-26-2013, 06:32 AM.
                  Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                  Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RMandel View Post
                    Coders back then would have just about given their right arm for the resources you youngsters take for granted today.
                    Ahah. Yeah. Best sample of this here would certainly be how we're seeing quite a lot of people taking a lot of things for granted in terms of both general game hacking and things such as the recent 1.5 stuff

Comment

• Right on. Some of us could tell some stories ... but this is not the time or place.

BTW, I just finished revising the videos for Stage 1 (the RPD) of my old "walkthrough" of Leon's game. Something to enjoy over the Memorial Day weekend. This is over in the RE15 videos thread ...

Part 9 (the last) is uploading as I type this. (yawn) Still some nits to pick, and then there's DB's latest MZD patch ... but later. I'll share what I've got now. Enjoy, all, and g'nite.
                      Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                      Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RMandel View Post
                        Still some nits to pick, and then there's DB's latest MZD patch ... but later.
                        I think I may know. It is maybe a mystery I can reveal.

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
                          I think I may know. It is maybe a mystery I can reveal.
                          Oh what mystery is this?

Comment

• It is a mystery about his last patch. It is something only I.G.A.S. members can know.

Comment

• Fair enough Birkin, fair enough. That's pretty interesting to know to be honest.

Hey I was wondering something about the character select screen. I notice that it shows Elza in a gun holding animation but there's no gun in her hand. Would it be possibly to change it to more of her idle animation or have her standing normal? Or is there a reason behind her stance?

Comment

• is bug that will be fixed. present in vanilla too. welcome to unfinished game dev.

i wonder if i could copy and paste without tell and get many praise too for work good job not done

Comment

Working...
                                X