Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
    Weren't you messing around with a script editor to make your own cutscenes in retail? I wonder if it can be adapted to 1.5 to make use of those animations in game.

My guess is Leon and Marvin must go into a room and see a man standing against a wall, to which he falls down and hunches on the floor. I always assumed he was just dead, it's interesting to see there were possible animations involved before hand.
    Yeah, I can make cutscenes in RE2, also in 1.5, because both codes for scripts are almost the same.

Also, MarkGrass release a RE1.5 script editor in RE123 forums weeks ago.

Maybe I can make a custom cutscene for 1.5 and use those unused zombies animations in it. I just need a little of motivation and time to make it. haha.

Here more zombie animations:

Comment

• holy shit!
      Much love MDB.

Comment

• Sounds like a plan! When you get the time...

Comment

• looks like fall overdead poses, twitch animations. Were they in 1.5 just not implemented? omfg

Comment

• 3 shotguns is too much variety. I think 2 are fine.

But about other variety what do you say about more zombies?

I am thinking of using this from RE3 to make new types with all new AI.

Originally posted by Darkness View Post
            looks like fall overdead poses, twitch animations. Were they in 1.5 just not implemented? omfg
            Twitch is used.
            Last edited by D.Birkin; 06-01-2013, 04:29 PM.
            “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• Nice! The twitching zombies reminds me of RE3 (I can't remember if they did in RE2 Retail), as well as Jill twitching in various death scenes.

Comment

• I hope you guys at IGAS decide to go with the stocked shotgun , considering late footage shows it used.
                I think RE3 zombies would fit in great.
                Last edited by Darkness; 06-01-2013, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• I am still thinking that unused animation is for when a zombie die next to a wall. If that animation was intended to be in a cutscene, wouldn't exist an equivalent female zombie animation.
                  Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
                    3 shotguns is too much variety. I think 2 are fine.

Twitch is used.
                    Looks like a good choice! The texture doesn't match 100% but it looks like a good base model and texture to work with! I personally don't mind you adding more variety, some people will probably hate the idea but as long as you keep it to a minimum and do it in good 1.5 taste, then I'm all for it. Because the benefit of this game engine is you can have a lot of zombies in one room, and it's kind of off putting to have a room full of the same zombie with the same textures.

If I had a choice I'd prefer you just used 1.5 zombies and gave them slightly different faces, different body shapes, different hair styles and variations in the rips of their clothing, because to me that would be a more authentic way of making more variety as they would all be officers of the same police department wearing the same uniform but they would look like individual people, and of course you would have used 1.5 zombies as a base as opposed to BIO3 zombies.
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2013, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                      I hope you guys at IGAS decide to go with the stocked shotgun , considering late footage shows it used.
                      Late footage shows errors too. Now I am remaking all weapons. Maybe there are surprises waiting.

Originally posted by The_Wes View Post
                      I am still thinking that unused animation is for when a zombie die next to a wall. If that animation was intended to be in a cutscene, wouldn't exist an equivalent female zombie animation.
                      I thought the same first time those animations started playing on my screen. I will consider including AI code for them when I rewrite procedures.
                      “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• Using those zombie animations would be excellent to use when a zombie is shot close enough to a wall, either facing toward or away from it (which is what those first two zombie animations look like to me) .. just add a big blood splatter on the wall and it'd be awesome! (Kinda like what happens RE: Dead Aim)

Edit: D.Birkin, I think more zombie variety would be fine, but perhaps more along the lines with what geluda said to make them more unified looking.

I think using those zombie animations would be a really cool 'feature' personally. Imagine using the colt python (or whatever is in 1.5) on a zombie when it is close to a wall -- its head would explode and then the headless body would slump against the wall in a big pool of blood! Those animations are just too nice to me to just scrap. This would add another way to kill zombies which I think is a good thing.
                        Last edited by Deus Flux; 06-01-2013, 04:51 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• RE3 zombies fit well in 1.5. I suggest more types of civilian zombies. In factory area should be more civilians than cops, and definitively shouldn't be cop zombies in lab area.
                          Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
                            3 shotguns is too much variety. I think 2 are fine.

Twitch is used.
                            I think more zombies would be perfect, but its important that the police outfits and art style should match. Civilian zombies would be less restricting art like, and I hope female zombies make the game, because they sound creepy

Comment

• I think for new zombie types, keep the original clothing design (dark blue shirts) and change the color of the zombies skin and add blood to the uniform. That way the fit more. I think just porting RE3 zombies would make them stand out too much.. Now if you made something totally new and based it off the ones in RE3 while not using their models, that would be different.

D.Birkin, are you going to add zombie body damage like what was seen in late development? Like exposed bones, torso's, and so on? Maybe have them missing an arm?

To those who didn't know, the dead body twitching bit is an implemented animation. The only reason it does not ever happen is because respawn is enabled which actively removed a dead zombie and spawns another. When respawn is disabled, the twitch animations do trigger.

Deus Flux, I think if they implement the wall slump animations in game, they should occur only once and awhile. Perhaps blowing the head off (as you said), blood would continue to spray out until the body completes the slump animation, then a pool of blood forms. What do you think?

What I want to know if we are going to be able to blox zombies heads off with the shotgun.. This does not work in either the vanilla or WIP build.
                              Last edited by Zombie_X; 06-01-2013, 04:58 PM.
                              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                                I think more zombies would be perfect, but its important that the police outfits and art style should match. Civilian zombies would be less restricting art like, and I hope female zombies make the game, because they sound creepy
                                That zombie includes many sets. I posted a picture to show how parts are switched to create new subtypes. That is what I plan for special zombie type AI.

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                                D.Birkin, are you going to add zombie body damage like what was seen in late development? Like exposed bones, torso's, and so on? Maybe have them missing an arm?
                                No bones but falling parts maybe. Engine makes possible to switch bones or remove them with AI code. When you blow zombie legs they only disappear from bone structure. It is an easy trick.

Comment

Working...
                                X