Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No bones? Some 1.5 builds had bones.

Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2013, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
      D.Birkin, are you going to add zombie body damage like what was seen in late development? Like exposed bones, torso's, and so on? Maybe have them missing an arm?
      I agree 100% with this and was thinking to ask the same thing myself earlier until I forgot. I would love to see a visible zombie damage system implemented into the game, it would be amazing!
      sigpic

Comment

• They are not damage bones. I can tell you zombies have no extra parts because of memory limits. Have bones means less zombies to load. Bones indicate initialization status of entity.
        Last edited by D.Birkin; 06-01-2013, 05:05 PM.
        “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• Yes, the bodily damage system was implemented into later build, so I say it should be there. It's faithful IMO. Either that or implement more zombie variants with the damage already there?

The exact footage I can't find, but it's from Bioflames. The footage shows a burning cop zombie in the labs with part of his torso blown away exposing the spinal cord. This IS part of the game.
          Last edited by Zombie_X; 06-01-2013, 05:05 PM.
          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
              No bones? Some 1.5 builds had bones.

Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
              They are not damage bones. I can tell you zombies have no extra parts because of memory limits. Have bones means less zombies to load. Bones indicate initialization status of entity.
              They are bones, but I don't know if it's a real damage system though. I believe what is happening is that a zombie can use 2 different models to show damage. For example, when a zombie gets shot in half. That is the same zombie but uses a different damage model when shot in half. The same could apply here for the bones. You could randomize models for zombies for when they are shot. Example: sometimes when a zombie is shot with a shotgun, it will switch to a cut in half model but other times it may switch to a 'bone' model. If it goes to the bone model first and then the zombie is shot again, it could fall in half and be crawling with a skeletal arm as seen in the video geluda posted.
              Last edited by Deus Flux; 06-01-2013, 05:17 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• Yeah, zombies had exposed bones. It's not video quality issues either.
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Let me reword. Bones do not show when damaging zombies. If one zombie has bone arm it is when it is added to a room with flags to replace one arm with bones. Caching vertex data for extra joints can decrease zombie count a lot.
                  Last edited by D.Birkin; 06-01-2013, 05:17 PM.
                  “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• I think its just the model when the legs are blasted off, you can see the zombie's spinal cord as well as the other zombie's fleshless bone arm. I think maybe with the bone arm zombie he was like that even standing up.

Here's the stocked shotgun and the spinal cord zombie and bone arm zombie all in that one late era scene in office A

Last edited by Darkness; 06-01-2013, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
                      Let me reword. Bones do not show when damaging zombies. If one zombie has bone arm it is when it is added to a room with flags to replace one arm with bones.
                      You can do that with a flag? That's actually really interesting! That allows for a lot of variation just in its self!

Go in room > activate flag > exit room > zombie has bones!
                      Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2013, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                        I think maybe with the bone arm zombie he was like that even standing up.
                        You win a Mr. X stuffed doll.

Originally posted by geluda View Post
                        You can do that with a flag? That's actually really interesting! That allows for a lot of variation just in its self!
                        Only if AI has special parameter to set vertex pool to host bone arm and replace it in skeleton hierarchy. Current builds do not have code with that function.
                        Last edited by D.Birkin; 06-01-2013, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• I see. What flag type would be used for that sort of function? Scenario or common flag perhaps?
                          Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2013, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• It is a parameter to specify enemy work subtype. A subtype can do many things like replacing a head or accessing to alternate textures. Special bones can be part of a subtype if AI has case for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
                              Late footage shows errors too. Now I am remaking all weapons. Maybe there are surprises waiting.

I thought the same first time those animations started playing on my screen. I will consider including AI code for them when I rewrite procedures.
                              I certainly hope so. I'd love to see zombies flung into the walls after Leon rolls a grenade into a swarm of them.
                              sigpic
                              "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Explosive grenade hit means zombie explodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X