Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Yeah, we must let them do their work in peace. All the eyes looking at you and a massive social stress don't help to do the things right. I think if they would know what the things would evolved, maybe they never started this restoration...
    Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• It is a shame the team gets hounded by useless requests. I hope they get back to us soon. Hopefully they are on vacation.

Comment

• wouldn't be surprised they quit, given the faggotry on this board and the other one.
        Hopefully hes just tired of the fucking retarded questions is all.

Comment

• I think it's rather pointless to speculate on why they haven't posted recently. I doubt they've thrown in the towel. Probably just giving this place a break. Remember, they don't have to post anything for us.
          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• birkin is just tired of everyone demanded stupid little features that they think will make the game classic.
            it's up to the team what they want to put into there version of 1.5.

then we get all these newbies coming on here asking stupid questions that can easily be answered by just checking the forum a few pages back.

I don't think they team should show anything anymore until they release a demo ( if they release a demo) but most people are just so ungrateful and are being far too critical on things that wont even ruin the game.

I don't blame him not coming on here anymore , he always came on here with a positive attitude and gave everyone a smile face but there is only so much crap he can take in.

Comment

• Anyways, I pulled this image from D.Birkins YouTube profile:

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.png
Views:	1
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	403131
              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Nice! D.Birkin has a YT channel?

I wonder if we can expect changes to that room, obviously the game is still in development in the MZD build but the dimensions were significantly off in that room in relation to the rest of the map, effecting the size and shape of the stairwell, which is also off. Not really noticeable while you play but it might effect the functions of the map in some way they'd have to compensate for. Here are literal maps of all the rooms in the MZD build RPD, you can see how the dimensions of the stairwell is a particular issue, the most reliable of all appearing to be B1.

I didn't measure the stairwell, simply made it fit to the rest of the map as it's outlined in the ingame map and none of them are very accurate. I'm pretty sure I remember B.Zork mentioning dimensions in the RPD being odd.
                Last edited by Guest; 06-24-2013, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                  wouldn't be surprised they quit, given the faggotry on this board and the other one.
                  Hopefully hes just tired of the fucking retarded questions is all.
                  I wouldn't even be upset if they quit, so much stupid.

Comment

• This is only my second post only because well, I don't have as much knowledge as you guys about this game hehe. But here is one thing that I have to wonder. Since my discovery of Resident Evil 1.5 back in 2004 on BIOFLAMES, I've always noticed something. This game has a HUGE history of causing serious issues within the Resident Evil Fanbase. I remember back in 2007 years back when the original build was in negotiations to being released. Then afterwards, it caused even more resentment inside the Resident Evil fanbase (well from what I had seen anyways). Now 9 years later, it hasn't changed, especially with the MZD build, it seems to have caused even more of an issue within the community. My question is...why?
                    Last edited by jkexv161991; 06-24-2013, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• the same reason there are so many problems everywhere, everyone wants something different.

Comment

• Don't get me wrong, I want the full and final TEAM IGAS version released as much as anybody here, but it's just so full of irony that some of the same people who want the same thing, are the one's that end up causing things to come crashing down faster than a roller coaster. Please excuse my earlier question for sounding naive, it's just I don't get parts of this community when it comes to THIS game alone.
                        Last edited by jkexv161991; 06-24-2013, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jkexv161991 View Post
                          This is only my second post only because well, I don't have as much knowledge as you guys about this game hehe. But here is one thing that I have to wonder. Since my discovery of Resident Evil 1.5 back in 2004 on BIOFLAMES, I've always noticed something. This game has a HUGE history of causing serious issues within the Resident Evil Fanbase. I remember back in 2007 years back when the original build was in negotiations to being released. Then afterwards, it caused even more resentment inside the Resident Evil fanbase (well from what I had seen anyways). Now 9 years later, it hasn't changed, especially with the MZD build, it seems to have caused even more of an issue within the community. My question is...why?
                          This prototype build has been taunting us with it's very existence for so long. It's always been surrounded by this air of mystery, not made any easier by Capcom's attempts to deny it's very existence. It was out there, but always out of reach. People fell in love with all the unused ideas which they saw in the leaked videos, they developed this idea that because of these scrapped ideas and visions, the proto build must've been somehow superior to the released game. So they became desperate to play it so they could experience it all, the forbidden fruit that was denied from us mere mortals. But because it was never given to us (until the MZD build's leak last February) people became seriously frustrated, and this frustration is reflected in their behavior on discussion forums related to the prototype.

Because the RE 1.5 proto is an object of some serious interest, it draws out all sorts of cheapjacks, who can't resist attempting to make a few measly bucks by bartering their fakes, after some damn fools first made claims that they'd be willing to pay some serious $$$ to play the proto. When all these offers were revealed to be scams one by one, often with the sellers turning out to be completely unreasonable with their demands, the fans' frustration mounts. Further adding to this are the trolls, who claim to have the proto, but refuse to leak it just so that they could get their jollies by watching us squirm. After all this goes on for 15 years, can you blame the fan base for getting cranky? Especially since some of the fans are starting to be disturbingly obsessed with this whole deal.

And when a playable build was finally leaked, after all that waiting, a lot of people were in for a reality check. The truth is that the 1.5 proto is ultimately not that great. It's certainly an interesting piece of video gaming history with some very good ideas. No RE-fan should miss it. But as a whole it doesn't work, and I can now appreciate why Capcom didn't go ahead with it. But because what we got was not (yet) the untouched build, but rather slightly bugfixed and modified copy, the purists are now getting all bent out of shape from the thought that IGAS is withholding the real deal from us. Also, consider the fans' ridiculous expectations from this project: IGAS has proven themselves to be extremely talented individuals. Certainly far in excess of what I can do with binary code. But because of this, the fanbase is now living in another delusion where they believe that IGAS could literally lasso the moon from the sky for them. Which of course isn't all that simple. So imagine the further disappointments in the future, when even the completed build no doubt will fail to live up to some people's expectations.

Hey, some people simply are that petty, greedy, and narcissistic. We are living times when it's pretty easy to get something for nothing, so that's what people do. They claim and demand without a single thought for the other person.

Comment

• @Northman I understand what you mean, I had seen all the trailers on youtube before, I always had the idea that the game was never released for a specific reason. Now that I understand the amount of times this game has been used for scams and trolls and every other thing one can think of to con someone, I could see why the fanbase would get extremely frustrated after 15 years especially. It just surprised me on how much people would be willing to go as low as trolling people just to get a kick out of people getting excited then feeling the disappointment after realizing that the troll doesn't have it and the troll just throws it in their face. But with this information, I understand now. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jkexv161991 View Post
                              This is only my second post only because well, I don't have as much knowledge as you guys about this game hehe. But here is one thing that I have to wonder. Since my discovery of Resident Evil 1.5 back in 2004 on BIOFLAMES, I've always noticed something. This game has a HUGE history of causing serious issues within the Resident Evil Fanbase. I remember back in 2007 years back when the original build was in negotiations to being released. Then afterwards, it caused even more resentment inside the Resident Evil fanbase (well from what I had seen anyways). Now 9 years later, it hasn't changed, especially with the MZD build, it seems to have caused even more of an issue within the community. My question is...why?
                              Because people are whiny, self entitled, over opinionated little babies. Maybe a hint of Elza ocd too. " O M G THE STARRING WOMAN IS A BLONDE INSTEAD OF A BRUNETTE. TRUE MEN FANCY BLONDES. I'm going to build myself a shrine to her and fap so much when I can "take on the role of the hero" fuck yea".
                              Last edited by Guest; 06-24-2013, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Hahaha yeah I get what you mean man, it's the same thing with Claire my god. Like have you seen all those videos on youtube with Claire's zombie death scene loops? Some of the comments on there are a bit disturbing. Some people man, I'm not surprised that some people might obsess over Elza in the same way considering the fact that they are the same character lolz!
                                Last edited by jkexv161991; 06-25-2013, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X