Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Such amazing and dedicated work is going into this. I can't wait to see how the missing boss fights and armors are handled.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
      Exactly. Without doing so all they could really do would be adding things like event triggers akin to what's already present in the vanilla build and it would probably be counter intuitive to start building the entire game on that sort of foundation which Capcom left. It would be easier to populate and test the entire game when everything is done and working, doors, item usage, etc, that way you have all the functions in place and can get on with the main work without having to keep going back implementing new features and fixing bugs just because you hit a dead end.
      That being said, we've already seen four new rooms since the MZD build was minted, with only three more to go in the RPD as of the latest video (as far as we know). So while coding seems to indeed be their priority, they are still working on rooms (they have a dedicated member for that, after all).

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
        That being said, we've already seen four new rooms since the MZD build was minted, with only three more to go in the RPD as of the latest video (as far as we know). So while coding seems to indeed be their priority, they are still working on rooms (they have a dedicated member for that, after all).
        For sure. My guess would be that the main priority right now is getting the RPD done and then continuing work from there as I'm sure there's many things that can be done and much experience that can be gained while the programmers work on the engine. Seeing things like correct door transitions and layer masks being implemented could be a sign that a Trial Edition isn't too far off, as they're usually the last things on the list to be implemented. That we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited by Guest; 06-27-2013, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• On a different note: In the 3F passageway to the Chief's Office, there's a painting at the very end of the hallway, much like in RE1. Below it there a four red spots, I'd say they are lights. My guess is that as you select the four correct paintings, each would light up one at a time to show that the right painting was selected. Then after all four are selected, you examine the painting to find it's now not locked to the wall and can be removed to reveal a key item.

But yeah I'd probably concentrate on fixing bugs first then make rooms for the game. They are currently adding missing code, fixing enemy AI, generally making all non working functions operable and stuff. If they were to build the rooms first, they'd probably have all the rooms done by now. But then again we don't know how long it takes to make a room.

Anyways I have a strong hunch that the Trial Edition is not as far off as we think it is. I do hope we get to play it soon.
          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
            smh
            Just saw some commentaries on YouTube saying things like: "When will this be available to be bought in australia" and such ...
            Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• I think I've heard few month ago there was only 4 rooms to complete RPD. Media room, Conference room, Radio room and Medical room. We saw the conference room with the jumping monkeys long time ago, and in this video, we have reference of the media room. I think at this point IGAS has already complete the rooms of RPD, or it's close.
              Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Dat shotgun with the grenade launcher !

Comment

• Was expecting more ''newer'' stuff - some of this , like item boxes,door messages,puzzles and the save system, were already shown in the previous video.

Nice to see the file system working and that new 'explicit violence and gore' disclaimer at the start with the media room BG was ace! Nice work guys.
                  Like the new BG for B1 Lit also ..
                  "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• ^Had not been shown that background already in the image with Elza's SPAS and a dead zombie??? Only left to show medical and radio rooms.

Edit: I forgot the hallways, we haven't seen still nothing of the hallways of the uppers floors.
                    Last edited by The_Wes; 06-28-2013, 06:06 AM.
                    Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• The medical room already exists on the Trial Edition if I remember correctly, so only the radio room to go!

Comment

• The medical room is retail. Just a concept room.
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• The dimensions, architecture and design doesn't match Geluda:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Medical Room.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	469.3 KB
ID:	403138
                          Last edited by The_Wes; 06-28-2013, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                            The medical room is retail. Just a concept room.
                            Yep. The file for it is dated Q3 1997, iirc. Already way past after 1.5 got canned, not to mention the room dimensions are totally off. It's possible that some of the textures and 3D models used in the room were lifted from 1.5 though. The team's probably gonna be using it as a reference for building their recreation of the medical room, much like how they used stuff from the retail filing room as a basis for creating their version of the media room.
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

• I see, thanks for pointing it out!

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Wes View Post
                                I think I've heard few month ago there was only 4 rooms to complete RPD. Media room, Conference room, Radio room and Medical room. We saw the conference room with the jumping monkeys long time ago, and in this video, we have reference of the media room. I think at this point IGAS has already complete the rooms of RPD, or it's close.
                                Don't forget the west stairwell. Although we've no proof, IGAS might indeed be finished with all of the RPD backgrounds. After all, only the programmer is likely busy with coding work; the dedicated BG artist has probably been hard at work creating the new backgrounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X