Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
    Nah, pretty sure CV runs on an updated build of the RE2 engine. The basic core is pretty much the same, with the only changes being the hardware API and the fact that it uses fully 3D environments. It's more or less the same case of RE0 N64 using the RE2 N64 engine as a base, even with the same software limitations.
    I don't know, man... Capcom adding all that cinematic, true 3D stuff + high poly (at the time) character models with smoother animations to an aging engine designed around the limitations of the Playstation... I just can't see them doing that. The Code Veronica-team had just been given brand new hardware to play with, surely they'd want to code something that takes proper advantage of said hardware, and really showcases how good Resident Evil can look on the Dreamcast. I remain unconvinced that simply porting an obsolete game engine could get the job done, no matter how re-written and enhanced for the 21st century.

Comment

• Wow. Team IGAS is really trundling along with this restoration. I honestly thought that it would have fizzled by now... I guess I had been jaded by all the previous RE restoration/remake projects that have come and gone. XD Jolly good show.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Northman View Post
        I don't know, man... Capcom adding all that cinematic, true 3D stuff + high poly (at the time) character models with smoother animations to an aging engine designed around the limitations of the Playstation... I just can't see them doing that. The Code Veronica-team had just been given brand new hardware to play with, surely they'd want to code something that takes proper advantage of said hardware, and really showcases how good Resident Evil can look on the Dreamcast. I remain unconvinced that simply porting an obsolete game engine could get the job done, no matter how re-written and enhanced for the 21st century.
        You're confusing a few things there. What we're really taking about is the mechanics, which has nothing to do with ports and original hardware/software limitations. You can take an already existing engine, redo all the hardware interfacing, and barely rewrite much in order to make it work on a new hardware if the machine allows to - the core itself will stay exactly the same if it doesn't really need anything new or extremely different, especially when the new game plays exactly like the previous ones (recycling is quite common in the videogame industry, after all). CV was more than likely based on RE2 (the most recent iteration of that engine at the time) and expanded to the DC hardware with some bits removed and other added - you can even see a few rough edges coming directly from there.
        Last edited by Gemini; 06-29-2013, 11:26 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
        , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post

Parasite Eve II got you covered.
          news bot are you a big Parasite eve fan ? Im a huge fan PE1 will always be my most favorite but I really enjoyed PE2 and I also enjoyed 3rd birthday ( for it's game play not story )

I heard there was a parasite eve beta with a few extra fmv scenes and some graphical differences but I dont think it was ever released just footage on youtube from very old trailers.

Comment

• Parasite Eve is one of my favorite sci-fi franchises. I like The 3rd Birthday's gameplay but I don't regard it as part of the Parasite Eve franchise.

Never heard of the PE beta, but I'd like to find out more about it.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Comment

• I am a pe fan too, I have not played pe 2.. yet! I have only just discovered pe 1 and it's an amazing game! Considering that it was never released outside of the US i'm not surprised I hadn't heard of it. Parasite Eve 2 was all over the place though. Back in the day I was always more of a resident evil, Silent Hill, Goldeneye 64, Perfect Dark, Half Life, Syphon Filter etc, player than an rpg player. At one point I even didn't want to touch any of the Final Fantasy games because I thought Rpg's were boring magical games hah. Now though, I actually own a copy of a Final Fantasy 8; I love that game, and I intend to obtain IX, and VII.

But yeah Parasite Eve is an amazing game, and one that actually makes you care about the characters, and the story is very tragic, the music is fantastic particularly the theme Primal Eyes, and the way the game plays it really makes you feel like you're actually a cop called Ayla, and I could just play that game for hours! The Chrysler building alone is a challenge, I am only on the 20th floor! Also is it just me or does the Ultimate being in his third form remind me of the Tyrant from Code Veronica!

As for the beta I prefer Melissa's final retail model, in the beta she looks more Japanese.

Is Parasite Eve 2 better or worse? I have seen mixed reviews and it seems more like a resident evil type game than it's predecessor.
                Last edited by Ohmycod; 06-30-2013, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Parasite Eve II is great, but you should go into it expecting more of a BIO game. It has very few RPG elements. It is directed and written by the scenario writer/planner of BIO1 (Kenichi Iwao) and as such feels very similar. The story is excellent. The gameplay is great, but is neither truly like PE nor truly like BIO.
                  Last edited by News Bot; 06-30-2013, 03:15 PM.
                  PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• PE was released in Japan, China, and a few other asian countries as well as some parts of Europe. I have the US and JPN pressings of both games as well as the NTSC-J Chinese pressings. PE1 was great and PE2 was the most similar to the RE series.
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
                      video
                      There were some pictures in which she was fighting a contaminated harrier too. It looked really cool and I was very disappointed when I realized it wasn't in the final product.
                      Last edited by Rick Hunter; 06-30-2013, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Sounds interesting, I will definately play that then. So in terms of a pe game, it's more Biohazard then pe, but at the same time it's a good game? Thank you for your insight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                          There were some pictures in which she was fighting a contaminated harrier too. It looked really cool and I was very disappointed when I realized it wasn't in the final product.
                          Maybe because the Mitochondria was initially planned as having the ability to take control of machinery as well, instead of just people, and in the end they changed it.
                          That would be my guess as to why that was dropped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                            PE was released in Japan, China, and a few other asian countries as well as some parts of Europe. I have the US and JPN pressings of both games as well as the NTSC-J Chinese pressings. PE1 was great and PE2 was the most similar to the RE series.
                            Europe/PAL territories only got PEII. No PE1 for us PALs

Comment

• Yeah, PE1 never came to Spain. I had to play an imported japanese version. Yesterday I finished to play PE2!!! It's a very good game to me, with a lot of resemblances to RE, but with a little RPG taste.
                              Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• It wouldn't be the first time. I myself have got a Ps2 game that only got as far as France!

Comment

Working...
                                X