Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idk guys. I feel it kind of goes against 1.5 in some way. Ofc what does my opinion matter hah. Done by the team though, I'll like it in the end. They are the masters.

Last edited by Guest; 07-02-2013, 12:33 AM. Reason: The world needs more ":P's"

Comment

• Do you mean you are opposed to retail tracks being implemented in 1.5? I honestly agree with that. IMO new tracks should be made, but who knows if that's possible or even feasible.
      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Speaking of the Birkin battle in the lab I wish the footage on the complete disc showed more of the battle i'd love to see what kind of techniques he had to use wether he ran or.....

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Wes View Post
          If other tracks are used, the "purist" will say "blasphemy", "bastardization"...
          The worst thing IGAS could do is to try to suit everybody. That won't work and the purist cult doesn't seem to be interested in providing serious feedback. I think a combination of both 1.5 and retail songs would perfectly work in IGAS RE 1.5.
          Most anticipated game of 2013? Team IGAS Resident Evil 1.5!

Comment

• Darkness, I used almost all of the same tracks you mentioned in my two RE15-related series on YouTube. There's a couple more from both RE2 and RE3 that I also used - cant' remember which ones they are right now. Rarely did I stray beyond that, and only for specific reasons (like using REUC's "Live Evil" to kick of the first zombie run in my Leon "walkthrough" - see the video and you'll understand why).

As others have said, and as I've said before, you've got to be really picky about using outside BGMs. RE15 has a very specific audio "mood," if you will, that's distinct from both RE2 and RE3. It's got more emptiness and isolation, along with the sense of a steadily worsening situation - with the occasional abrupt and unpleasant surprise. In that sense it's closer to its descendant RE2 (which is more action-driven) than RE3 -- but there's that handful of select tracks from RE3, especially in the early city stages, that also work well.

I think most of us seem to be agreed on the use of that particular subset of RE2/RE3 BGM tracks in RE15, give or take a few. It'll certainly expand the Team's choices, once they get to that part of their work. If it'll help, I can pull up my video project notes and post an exact list of the ones I used (and where), if anyone is interested.
            Last edited by RMandel; 07-02-2013, 04:18 AM.
            Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
            Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
              It seems one of the worst parts of the joints is the shadowing as light seems to be cast on each separate piece individually as opposed to the character as a whole. The result is a shadow that cuts through the joint leaving dark lines making each individual piece more defined instead of blending them all together.
              Take in consideration the images I posted is taking from a 3D program. The shadows doesn't applies like in the game engine. The program maybe did just a vertex shadowing, and that is the reason of the look. Maybe ingame that shadow problem doesn't has such bad quality (I'm talking about the original models). The point is, with the new techniques, the 3D model can build in one piece. And looks a lot better. And of course all that shadow problem disappears. The model is exactly the same, but with more quality. Why don't do it?
              Last edited by The_Wes; 07-02-2013, 06:43 AM.
              Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Wes View Post
                Yeah, Birkin talked of use a similar tech of BIO3. And in his words, the 3D models of BIO3 are still built in various pieces. Then he applies some technics to vertex I can't understand to make this effect. But in the way I'm doing, I think is easiest. All the 3D model in one piece and animate with skeletic. Your model will have less polygons, looks better and the results are very similar. The difference is you have to modify the structure of the real model.
                Sony's library, called MIMe, animated TMD & HMD models more or less like this, according to the reference.
                MIMe is suited for facial animation, since the high-speed multi-layer interpolation performed by the GTE can
                be used to combine multiple key frames. In the past, sample programs have been provided to implement
                vertex/normal MIMe. These have now been incorporated into the HMD format, along with "joint MIMe",
                which interpolates joint angles. Compared to vertex/normal MIMe, joint MIMe provides reduced data size
                and improved speed. By combining vertex and joint MIMe, various movements can be efficiently expressed,
                e.g., the muscle formed when flexing an elbow.

EDIT: I have to say again my complete model is still less poly than original RE2, looking a lot better.
                If you simply merge the joints it will look worse when animated because the bones need to apply a weight to the transformed vertexes. By simply merging you aren't doing much of an improvement, unless you're modelling a statue.
                Last edited by Gemini; 07-02-2013, 10:55 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Hello Gemini, I'm waiting a response from someone who knows about this stuff. I have a questions for you, I merge the joints, but in the place of the joints still exist all the original vertex. I only remove the faces, and joined that faces to the same vertex. That weight could be apply to the model having the vertex of the join, or need the complete and original joint???

Click image for larger version

Name:	6986d75ec8ce63689cdad9569756e247o.png
Views:	1
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	403147

In the red circles exists the vertex of the joint, the modification I did is join the faces of the both sides of that vertex, to the same vertex.
                  Last edited by The_Wes; 07-02-2013, 11:12 AM.
                  Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Rig the model with a skeleton, do some flex tests, and you'll see what I mean. Joint pivots like elbows and knees will interpolate in an awkward manner if all you do there is connecting the bones and dropping the holes. They need some extra faces where the weight will apply.
                    Last edited by Gemini; 07-02-2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Maybe you have the reason Gemini, you are the pro (No ironic, I know your trajectory). But I'm following this tutorials to make my game "Brain Infection" and don't seem like the model need that joints. See this video:

In the min 10:30 you can see the wireframe, no joints in the legs.
                      In the min 16:00 you can see the leg moving with the animated skeleton.

REPIT: I'm talking from my illiterate, everything you could say to me to improve, is welcome.

P.S: In the case the only what the model needs to a correct rigg, is some more faces next to the joint. Isn't a big problem add that faces, but still in one piece.
                      Last edited by The_Wes; 07-02-2013, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• This is what I mean:

High poly meshes usually aren't affected by this because they have a whole lot of extra polygons already set in place, but for PSX stuff, which barely models details, you need to do it like in the picture. It doesn't even need to be one big object, as the code should do the merging and it's faster in general to have them as separate entities.
                        Last edited by Gemini; 07-02-2013, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• A lot of thanks Gemini, now I understand you perfectly. You help me a lot.

So, if a few of faces is adding to the joint, the model can be animated in on piece. The key is keep the down part of the model separate from the upper bone animation (two rings of polygons are needed at least) to prevent the deformation.

But in few words, adding over 80 polygons to the model (about 20 for each joint) the model can be built in one piece, but maybe is too much for PSX hardware. I'm correct now???
                          Last edited by The_Wes; 07-02-2013, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• The way players are modelled, you probably need about 4 extra faces for an elbow, 5-6 for a knee, and probably not that many more. 80 polygons seem way too many.
                            Last edited by Gemini; 07-02-2013, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Huuuuum... Then is totally possible to do and doesn't mean an excesive work to the hardware... But still is easyer to the machine consider the two parts of the joint like differents entities, for improve performance. In any case, in my project I will add 5 or 6 faces per joint to animate and build the model in one piece. And for RE 1.5, I hope IGAS use MIMe or this tricks we are talking about. But the joints of Leon's trousers, make my eyes bleed.

In any case I love RE 1.5 don't misinterpret my words.

P.S: Here is the first two songs of my game "Brain Infection" OST. I put this in the thread of my game, but maybe nobody reads. Please, take in consideration this tracks was recorded in five minutes like a demo. There are mistakes of execution, timing and equilization, but that doesn't matter. I post this here to know your opinions about the atmosphere of the tracks. I want to know if fits in a Survival horror type game. The target is a OST between Silent Hill and Resident Evil style. Don't judge the recording or playing quality, judge the atmosphere. I wait your opinions. OST 1 is for the rooms without enemies, when your only occupation is investigate. I want to create a melody to make the player feel sad and isolated. OST 2 is for the main menu of the game.

Link to the RAR file:

Sorry for the offtopic, but I think this type of offtopic is better than the forums wars and useless discussions.
                              Last edited by The_Wes; 07-02-2013, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• I know this is off topic, but I've been rewatching some of the old original RE15 trailers. Have you ever noticed that the zombies disappear after you shoot them in the old "Resident Evil 2 Sneak Peek" trailer? They try to cut away from it, but you can clearly see one disappear after having been shot at the end of the Basement shutter clip.

What's worse - for those who believe in RE2 "Beta 1," anyway - is that dead zombies ALSO disappear in the RE15 footage shown at E3 1997. So, that's not 80% build footage - that's 40% build, which matches what we know Capcom USA had in their physical possession at the time (a copy of the 40% build). That pretty much puts shoots down what was the best piece of evidence available that there were playable areas of RE15 in RE2 "Beta 1." Damn ... and I was one of those who hoped it was true. Oh, well ....

Sorry for the interruption. Now back to our regularly scheduled program ....
                                Last edited by RMandel; 07-02-2013, 02:06 PM.
                                Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                                Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X