Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
    I think people's really got 1.5 on a pedestal, especially if they at the same time regard 2 as some sort of "worst shit ever" type of game.
    From what we know about 1.5 at this point, it's pretty safe to say that had the game shipped at its scheduled time, it'd been a content starved, feature lacking, short and rushed "cash in" of a sequel, where as RE2 is a strangely polished, content heavy, and amazing sequel - which improved on its prequel in almost every aspect, except from the near lack of variables in the narrative structure (although it does substitute this with the A/B structure and the unlockables)
    I have never referred to re 2 as the worst shit ever and I never will because believe it or not I do like that game, and I don't think 1.5 is the ultimate re 2. I also resent being labeled in that category! I have been saying for a while now that re 2 feels rushed and linear, I even said it in my review of the game.

Comment

• I'm just generalizing "some people" and their strange love for 1.5 ;D

Comment

• Originally posted by Ohmycod View Post
        It might actually not be, listen to the way that the track doesn't fade out but rather ends. I think it was just made specially for the trailer. It also sounds more like something out of dino crisis.
        Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
        ^ Lol ...

Comment

• And?

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
            It's in there (MAIN02.PSF), but the music track is distorted by sound effects (flowing water/sewer?) that are included in the same soundback and tracker.

I'll get around to adjusting the psf driver for proper playback of those track types... someday.
            Ah okay, thanks for answering. Maybe I'll just record the music straight from the emulator for the time being.

Comment

• Originally posted by anaho View Post
              And?
              Mrox2 is pointing out that the music in the background of this video - isn't from 1.5 but RE1 when you fight the snake boss Yawn.
              They just added a creepy ''zombie breathing'' SFX ontop.. EDIT: OMG lol .. no it's actually Yawn's hiss noise - but deeper and slower Deffo is

EDIT : I agree with Darkness and Wes about music.. although the Team have to be careful.
              Each game in the series had it's own unique mood and style - especially RE3 with the same 5 note motif in most tracks.
              Tomb Raider is the same, namely the difference per game is the instruments and techniques to make the soundtrack.

The more you mix these up, the less 'joined' the 1.5 soundtrack will be - although some tracks could fit nicely (maybe with some editing?) I wonder if the Team will just write new stuff instead?
              Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 07-03-2013, 12:16 PM.
              "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• The yawn theme is so metal! I have to agree with what COD is saying the final RE2 feels very rushed tho as for using more aspects from from 1.5......if you really think about it capcom used an AWFUL LOT from 1.5 especially considering that they supposedly starting over from scratch. Hell the lab has so many of the same rooms just with minor details added in. Personally I think the only thing from 1.5 that was absolutely needed to be added in is the factory section tho perhaps it was boring and cut from the game for a reason which is most likely the same reason why the sewers were drastically shortened in retail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                  I'm just generalizing "some people" and their strange love for 1.5 ;D
                  But you're exaggerating and it only concerns a handful of people.

Comment

• Hrm I had a splendid idea. I wonder how ahrd it would be to change enemy location for each room for both characters. This way the enemies aren't in the same spot for the other character. Lets say in th media room corridor in Elza's scenario, only some zombies reanimate. The when Leon goes through the corridor, the remaining ones reanimate. Or even in the shutter hallway you could ahve it where the shutter is already open in on characters playthrough and closed in another. Little touches like that are cool.
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• that is technically very easy to accomplish. game utilize different room data, but shared background render, for each character. in actuality, we are enabled to implement as many variations of a room we need for what we want or need to do. we can also do carry over of data between player scenario for leon and elza.

Comment

• That is cool B.Zork, and welcome back! So this means there could be a A/B type scenario arrangement? So stuff you do in Elza's scenario could affect Leon's?
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Glad to see you back, sir B.Zork!

Comment

• if speaking only about functionality of game engine and if it is possible to do such things or not with the state of which it is now, a system like a and b can be done with the 1.5 engine without any need for big and external technical modifications or changes to game functionality.

Comment

• Hrm.. maybe the A/B system is in the cards. Well meh.. I think something liek an arrange mode would be cool. Perhaps alternate camera angles, or entirely different room designs? Wishful thinking..
                              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Hey B.Zork, if you don't mind me asking a question. Is there much difference between 1.5, the Trial Edition and beta 2? How does the Trial Edition compare to both the early engine of 1.5 and the final engine of BIO2? Is it more like one or the other? I'm curious to learn what code changed when they developed the Trial Edition and whether anything else remains from the 1.5 engine, and how it compares to beta 2. Your team seems to take inspiration from beta 2 a lot, I was wondering if there was anything useful in the Trial Edition as well given that its closer to 1.5 development wise.

Comment

Working...
                                X