Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alfred View Post
    Can't be cause L1 is the button for switching aims.
    Lanzagranadas means in the inventory, at 0:29 it shows the shortcut for it in the inventory.

Comment

• There's no need to assign the map to the shoulder buttons, it's mapped to Triangle in retail.
      Seibu teh geimu?
      ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
        "Never used a map" sound weird to me. Maps were very useful in first playtroughs of older games. Sure, now that RE has linear paths and objective markers everywhere maps are not needed.
        i like a challenge. and i don't mind practicing mental discipline, like paying attention. i made a map in my head while i was playing. why would i need to, in my own thoughts, cheat? its just not as fun to me.

then again, i have fun doing math and hate calculators

Comment

• Yes, but it´s kind of pointless to have a shortcut only working inside the inventory, I guess the L1 shortcut for map, as well as the R1 shortcut for File showed in the video could work in game too. There are enough buttons in any normal PSX pad:

L1 - Map
          R1 - File
          L1 - Switch target aiming
          R1 - Aim
          Start - Inventory
          Select - Config screen
          Cross - Run
          Square - Action/Shoot

And we still have Circle and Triangle for whatever else.
          The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Like star said, why is this even a debate? do like retail, triangle button is the map.

Comment

• If they add a shortcut button for the map, I think L2 would work best.
              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• RE2 didn't have a shortcut for maps, but even if one were to be added there wouldn't be really any problem as the triangle, L2, and R2 buttons were never mapped to do anything at all. The only real part about button mapping that should be added to make the prototype feel more like retail would be having the configuration to popup by pressing SELECT (instead of START+SELECT like in RE1, which was kinda stupid), pause with START, and menu access with either the triangle or circle button.

Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                i like a challenge. and i don't mind practicing mental discipline, like paying attention. i made a map in my head while i was playing. why would i need to, in my own thoughts, cheat? its just not as fun to me.
                Then grab the NES Metroid and see how easy it is to draw a mental map.
                Last edited by Gemini; 07-30-2013, 05:51 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                  Like star said, why is this even a debate? do like retail, triangle button is the map.
                  Because of the making of video I´ve posted on previous page, which at 0.29 hints that there is a map shortcut assigned to L1 and a File shortcut to R1. My question is if that shortcuts work only inside inventory or do also in game.
                  Anyway, it´s not an important issue, since key config can be tweaked to match user´s prefferences.
                  The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Not everything can be mapped, however. Most of it depends entirely on how a game's engine retrieves button information from pad buffers. Some have flag variables for testing bits, others reorder the bits somewhere else and then forward them as regular pad buttons to another flag buffer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                      RE2 didn't have a shortcut for maps, but even if one were to be added there wouldn't be really any problem as the triangle, L2, and R2 buttons were never mapped to do anything at all. The only real part about button mapping that should be added to make the prototype feel more like retail would be having the configuration to popup by pressing SELECT (instead of START+SELECT like in RE1, which was kinda stupid), pause with START, and menu access with either the triangle or circle button.

Then grab the NES Metroid and see how easy it is to draw a mental map.
                      Oh man. That game was my first childhood aneurysm. I've only beaten it once, too frustrated with it to go back.
                      sigpic
                      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• I never beat the original Metroid. Super Metroid on the other hand, superb game.

As for the maps, I will be using it when this 1.5 build comes out. Bio 1 and 2 I've played to death for some 16 years now, so I know them off by heart. With my first runs I did check the maps. However with Bio 3 I still occasionally peek at the map as for some reason it confuses me a little more than the others. It's fun and for me a classic and core element. I'm really not fussed about buttons, just glad it will be there.
                        sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

• Ok guys, I have some new regarding hidden animations in the ISO.

• I have found animations that suggest the man-spider crawls out of ducts and vents throughout the lab, not only bursting out of the floor. There is also animations showing it can crawl on walls or the ceiling.
                          • I have discovered a hidden cutscene animation for the gorilla in the labs. The animation shows the gorilla (supposedly) ripping off the automatic door in the lab entrance. Further proof is the TIM images of the door getting damaged.
                          • Birkin has a lot more unique animations that are not used. He has running animations, power walking animations, different turning animations ( looks over shoulder then turns toward you), and stabbing animations (for his clawed arm).
                          • Birkins second form is on disc, so this leads me to believe he simply is not implemented yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EM130.png
Views:	1
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	403195
                          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                            Ok guys, I have some new regarding hidden animations in the ISO.

• I have found animations that suggest the man-spider crawls out of ducts and vents throughout the lab, not only bursting out of the floor. There is also animations showing it can crawl on walls or the ceiling.
                            • I have discovered a hidden cutscene animation for the gorilla in the labs. The animation shows the gorilla (supposedly) ripping off the automatic door in the lab entrance. Further proof is the TIM images of the door getting damaged.
                            • Birkin has a lot more unique animations that are not used. He has running animations, power walking animations, different turning animations ( looks over shoulder then turns toward you), and stabbing animations (for his clawed arm).
                            • Birkins second form is on disc, so this leads me to believe he simply is not implemented yet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9011[/ATTACH]
                            His 2nd from is seen in the elevator going down from the Factory the Labs if I remember correctly.
                            Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• I wouldn't consider that his second form, but just an intermediate metamorphosis, as it doesn't show much of a change, except for the claw fore/arm which is incorporated with the model you actually fight. It's really just CAPCOM using another model for a cutscene, since it's missing most of its regular bones (replaced by small floating triangles or rectangles) and the special arm parts with the rusty pipe. If I got this one correctly, the second form has a tail, more reptide-like appearence, and should correspond to the one seen in the cutscene with the mutated spider humanoid being impaled.

Comment

• the same year the gorilla attack of Mr. X

The Virus G of resident evil 1.5 is very different from what we know it.

Comment

Working...
                                X