Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who now man. Was trying to be helpful, that's all.
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
      People kept on bitching about how the data in the MZD build was "encrypted", so they'll apparently be implementing real data encryption in the Trial build.
      As they should - given how certain people kept on bitching and whining about it back then. Make 'em work for that stuff, like the rest of us have had to do at times with other things!

Kids today are SO spoiled ....
      Last edited by RMandel; 08-19-2013, 03:05 AM.
      Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
      Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
        Also I sent you guys some PSF files, well B.Zorks e-mail, and the file contained all the beta BIO1 music.
        PSF rips do not contain compatible data. We work with real data.

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
        People kept on bitching about how the data in the MZD build was "encrypted", so they'll apparently be implementing real data encryption in the Trial build.
        Preview version is only one of encrypted versions. Formats are very much different too.
        “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
          Formats are very much different too.
          before people make big drama of this. some of format change is optimization to fix error in incomplete capcom code. some is for make place for multiple languages and make place for feature capcom not implement yet. nothing we change is just to change. is all for a reason of need.

Comment

• ^ Well yeah - anything to make things easier.
            And why should people just be able to take apart the game you've all worked so hard to build? Not very fair on the Team is it..
            Glad you guys are keeping things hush hush aswell .. I'd rather play the final released game and have some surprises left to discover myself while playing hehe
            "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
              before people make big drama of this. some of format change is optimization to fix error in incomplete capcom code. some is for make place for multiple languages and make place for feature capcom not implement yet. nothing we change is just to change. is all for a reason of need.
              Haha, you don't have to justify yourself. Encrypt it like hell, and let the modders cry.

Comment

• Spare the rod, spoil the child. Hopefully you guy throw the encryption on. Have them work for it since you have invested so much time, energy and money into this project. I personally won't gain anything if it's left unencrypted since I don't carry the necessary skills the most of my RE fan brethren seem to rise above everyone else. If a poll does come I'd say yes on encryption.

Comment

• what is this negativity toward modding? custom gorillas and run-throughs are a bad thing?

its not some contest. you think there are awards for modding a 10+ year old game? i understand them if they don't want people tinkering with their work, but you all are just malicious. like some cult that want the teams work to remain pure.

at first, i was very big on modding 1.5. all the cool features, including the quick-turn and tactical reload, but if not it is cool. im sure they will pack it with enough content to keep it fresh for a while. in a few years is when modding the game will either keep breathing life into it, or let it sit there and get old like so many others. kaizo 3 anyone?
                  Last edited by J0shuaKane; 08-19-2013, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• I too think that there is no need to justify anything to us, if format file changes, data encryption or whatever are needed, fine, it´s their project and they can do it in the way they consider better.

What is important is to play the 1.5 in all its splendor. If it can´t be post-modded later it´s irrelevant now, and anyway, modders will eventually find a way to do it. I think that it´s better to preserve the initial IGAS release as long as possible before other people start to make mods, patches and revisions of it.
                    Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 08-19-2013, 11:13 AM.
                    The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                      what is this negativity toward modding? custom gorillas and run-throughs are a bad thing?
                      The same cry-babies who spend their time criticizing the team would be the first ones to steal their code and assets and use them for their own benefits. So if they want to play with some "pure build", good for them, but it stops here.

Comment

• I will start kill...banning people if this turns into another one of those cry fests. Just sayin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                          I will start kill...banning people if this turns into another one of those cry fests. Just sayin'
                          But, but, but, sauerkraut really does taste good. Fuck the haters

Comment

• @ JoshuaKane - No , of course there is nothing wrong with modding - I'd LOVE to play 1.5 as Claire hehe (crosses fingers)

But it wouldn't be fair to the Team is people started ripping music, models and textures etc as soon as its released - only the use it for their own projects and claim it as their own.
                            Like others are saying, surely soon enough modding will be possible and we can all mod the hell out of it - but I'm sure people would like to play it as the Team planned it to be.

So i'm kinda on the fence on this issue - modding cool , but maybe wait a while is what I'm sayin' xD
                            "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post

But it wouldn't be fair to the Team is people started ripping music, models and textures etc as soon as its released - only the use it for their own projects and claim it as their own.
                              Like others are saying, surely soon enough modding will be possible and we can all mod the hell out of it - but I'm sure people would like to play it as the Team planned it to be.

So i'm kinda on the fence on this issue - modding cool , but maybe wait a while is what I'm sayin' xD
                              @RaccoonSurvivor: You mentioned everything that was on mind that I didn't mention in my post. Thanks for being clear.

I'm all for modding I just think people should give the Teams build a chance and then once some time pass release any tools or material they find necessary to release. This I think would satisfy the "church of purists" for a while and if not then there is MZD that they can try to crack themselves. Easier said then done and I wish those individual good luck.
                              Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 08-19-2013, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• I am sorry but tools will not be for public releases. If users want to make new versions they are free to do if they can crack the system but I protected formats to stop complications by Capcom. Sure some will complain but that is out of IGAS scope.
                                Last edited by D.Birkin; 08-19-2013, 04:17 PM.
                                “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

Working...
                                X